Hop To
Page 7 of 48 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 47 48
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by 16bore
They say it's punched on the website now......

Correct, I just updated it. We never said they were drilled. We said cut. Punching is a form of cutting. Scissors cut. They are shears. Just like a punch.

Derek...stop now.

Have a nice life, and all the best.

I'm gonna take your advice. Thanks.

Dear Derek,

Larry lives in Alaska, far from the mainland. The Bush Plane that delivers his psychological disorder medicine each month was delayed due to no fault of his own.

When Big Stick is off his medication, even briefly, the effects are spectacular, as you’v seen...The last time this happened, Boxer was found deep in the bush running naked grunting and rutting like a sow bear in heat...Hunters found him and could only get him to come to them after baiting a site with a week old salmon carcass.

It eventually worked and the hunters were able to catch Larry in a leg snare... Then, they thankfully returned him to the Rez where he recieved his long over due dose of “Purple Drank”.

Please forgive his latest tyrannical rant at you, Ben, and your company. Signs are being posted as I write this for native Alaskians to be on the look out for Larry. Searchers are out, posses have formed with salmon and Purple Drank ready to be deployed once he’s spotted.

In the meantime while we await capture...Feel free to mail me Larry’s 1000 rounds of replacement brass in 26 Nosler. I will keep it in trust for when Big Stick returns...You can PM me for my shipping information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Beaver10 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Not that they wouldn't notice.....they no enough to not care

I know enough to live below Mason Dixon line.

I also know the diff in no.

Jerry

I KNOW enough to not care as well

Then why mention it and why not produce it, if it's important to 'you'?

"When you are shooting long distances, over 500 meters, the smallest “inconsistencies” between each loaded round can make the difference between hitting your intended target and missing by a meter or more. When we mention small “inconsistencies” in each round, we aren’t talking about using the wrong powder or primer. We are talking about 1 or 2 extra grains of the correct powder. We are talking about the projectile weighing more than a grain different from the last projectile. We are talking about the casing having a slight variation in internal volume, or the casing’s neck being a little thicker on one side. We are talking about the casing having a non-uniform flash hole. All of these “inconsistencies” can make a difference when this shot is expected to perform exactly the same as the last shot at great distances."

https://www.petersoncartridge.com/our-process/accuracy-precision

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So......what are the odds Derek chimes in again? I'll be checking my phone while I'm at the barbershop getting my hair punched.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Serious question,

Would those erratic flash holes directly effect accuracy by changing your point of impact, as in possible changes of hitting left or right of your target? Or is it more of a cause of variations in FPS per load thereby changing poi vertically?

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
So......what are the odds Derek chimes in again? I'll be checking my phone while I'm at the barbershop getting my hair punched.

Ok, that was funny.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tzone

Ok, that was funny.

It actually was.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Peterson Brass

We don't punch any corners.

The stupidity is utterly facinating.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah - my take home is Peterson was not represented well here in any way, product nor support. The bumbling explanation by the president was a bad move...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by GregW
Yeah - my take home is Peterson was not represented well here in any way, product nor support. The bumbling explanation by the president was a bad move...

Greg,
I'm still here. Just observing. I don't understand why you made that comment. We tried to reason with Larry, work with him, and replace his product for free including shipping. As for the explanation I gave, how would you go about reasoning and trying to explain a topic to someone who everytime you mention something he goes on a 3 page rant. He didn't want an answer, he wants a problem. If you or anyone have any genuine questions, I would be more than happy to answer them, I'm just out in the shop keeping an eye on the machinery.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Ok, that was funny.

It actually was.

Please state tool to be used for said punching.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Greg,
I'm still here. Just observing. I don't understand why you made that comment. We tried to reason with Larry, work with him, and replace his product for free including shipping. As for the explanation I gave, how would you go about reasoning and trying to explain a topic to someone who everytime you mention something he goes on a 3 page rant. He didn't want an answer, he wants a problem. If you or anyone have any genuine questions, I would be more than happy to answer them, I'm just out in the shop keeping an eye on the machinery.

I take it that the company you work for is family owned, I ask as you do not seem to be a quick learner.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Greg,

I own a business too for context. How to reason? Answer - you don't engage or reason. No internet forums defending your product. Let the product speak. You can't fluff the players.

My consult bill is in the mail...grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Greg,

I own a business too for context. How to reason? Answer - you don't engage or reason. No internet forums defending your product. Let the product speak. You can't fluff the players.

My consult bill is in the mail...grin...

Correct, otherwise you end up being the quail with no feathers. Particularly on a public forum.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by smokinggun

Ok, that was funny.

It actually was.

Sure. We use a punch and backing die combination. The punch is a hardened piece of carbide the diameter the flash hole needs to be. For large rifle, .080". For our small rifle, .060". The backing stem, which is also carbide to hold its' edge, is inserted into the mouth of the casing and contacts the inside of the bottom of the casing. The casing is then driven, by the backing stem, onto an alignment guide which contains the carbide punch. The way we have improved the punching operation since Larry received his casings, is by designing a more accurate guide bushing, that the casing is pushed on to, so the flash hole is more centered in the primer pocket. Before the new upgrade, from time to time you could get a casing with a flash hole out of center by about .000" - .015". Since the improvement we are now about .000 - .004"

Attached Images
Punch and Backing Stem (2).jpg (54.8 KB, 153 downloads)
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sure. We use a punch and backing die combination. The punch is a hardened piece of carbide the diameter the flash hole needs to be. For large rifle, .080". For our small rifle, .060". The backing stem, which is also carbide to hold its' edge, is inserted into the mouth of the casing and contacts the inside of the bottom of the casing. The casing is then driven, by the backing stem, onto an alignment guide which contains the carbide punch. The way we have improved the punching operation since Larry received his casings, is by designing a more accurate guide bushing, that the casing is pushed on to, so the flash hole is more centered in the primer pocket. Before the new upgrade, from time to time you could get a casing with a flash hole out of center by about .000" - .015". Since the improvement we are now about .000 - .004"

If I'm reading this right the backing stem would have a hole in the middle to accommodate the punched out brass bit and the tip of the punch as it comes through. The improvement of the guide bushing allowing for better control of the hole location would then allow for a smaller diameter hole in the backing stem. This in turn would lead to a cleaner edged hole and less dishing of the bottom of the primer side of the primer pocket.

Am I on track here?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokinggun

Ok, that was funny.

It actually was.

Well you have gone this far and committed, so how about a tour of the facility and process through these fora.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome! Derek, it looks like you may become a full fledge regular to the Fire. You’ve met most here on this thread. Possibly venture out into some of our other non controversial headings, like the Optics Forum. Lots to learn in there...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Welcome! Derek, it looks like you may become a full fledge regular to the Fire. You’ve met most here on this thread. Possibly venture out into some of our other non controversial headings, like the Optics Forum. Lots to learn in there...😎

Man...that was just mean!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Greg,

I take it that the company you work for is family owned, I ask as you do not seem to be a quick learner.

I figured Larry had logged off, so cooler heads might prevail if I tried to answer any remaining questions. This whole thing has just been really strange. We have sold millions of casings over the past 3 years, and never had a complaint like Larry's. We have tens of thousands of customers, many setting world records and winning matches with our products. Pretty much everyone who shoots a Cheytac in the USA or the world shoots our brass because of our quality. Hell, Derek Rogers won king of 2 mile with our brass just last year. (He got beat this year by a 416 Barrett). We've never seen any complaints with pictures like the ones Larry took. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to replace his brass, besides it being the right thing to do. Just to get a closer look at them with my own eyes. But either way, I don't want to fight a battle I can't win.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Man...that was just mean!

Haha. Ya, anyone can come for a factory visit anytime. If you live too far away for a visit, here is a video our local cable company did on our shop.

If you do live close to Pittsburgh, anyone can come for a plant tour. I work every day, so pretty much anytime is good for me.

Page 7 of 48 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.