Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Reading the thread on the fake media and watching these trump rallies, and listening to Rush explain things for the "low information voters," as well as all the nonsensical TV shows that pollute the cable and airwaves, it got me to thinking about intelligence levels of the common American people. I mean, how can so many people get duped into falling for political correctness, speech police, Hollywood stars, race baiting poverty pimps, the N-word taboo, "that's racist" . . . and myriad of other follies. How many of you all consider yourselves on a higher intelligence level than the masses you see out there everyday?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dont think intelligence has anything to do with it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A circle has 360 degrees. I'd be willing to bet one could fill up every degree of that circle with answers that take a different tack, and have a bunch more left over.

I don't know how old the OP is. I'll be 67 this year. I went to a private Baptist school in Kindergarten and 1st through 3rd grade. By the time I was in the 4th grade my mom had 6 kids. She had a degree from Rice Institute but stayed at home. My parents stayed married 63 years till my dad passed. My mom at 92 is still with us and us 6 kids plus 18 grandkids and now 25 great-grandkids still enjoy her company regularly.

It amazing. I went to public school at a time when one still got an education rather than an indoctrination. In many places high school is just temporary custody before its off to prison. There was not a significant population of "feral" individuals.

Johnsons' Great Society and the civil rights act of 1964 and 55 years of the decimation of the black family had not yet occurred.

America was not balkanized and to a degree we had a national identity. At this time politician's had not yet decided "if you don't like the population you have, change it" and had yet to import millions of un-documented democrats that are un-educated and un-skilled.

Viet Nam and the social unrest of the 60's had not yet happened.

and that's just a few "tacks" . Don't even consider the different intellegence quotient measurements of different ethnic groups.

I don't know if the OP has ever heard of a guy named Maslow. Most folks I have encountered as a landlord are between lever 1 and 2. They are under educated and under-employeed. Basically just get by day to day.

One could fill books.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/03/18.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The CDC/Used condom report spells it out pretty clearly as to what WE are up against in the low-info category.
They are voting & breeding. eek

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Define intelligence

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Define intelligence

here is one definition

http://open.lib.umn.edu/intropsyc/chapter/9-1-defining-and-measuring-intelligence/

and some takeaways from that.......

Intelligence is the ability to think, to learn from experience, to solve problems, and to adapt to new situations. Intelligence is important because it has an impact on many human behaviors.
Psychologists believe that there is a construct that accounts for the overall differences in intelligence among people, known as general intelligence (g).
There is also evidence for specific intelligences (s), measures of specific skills in narrow domains, including creativity and practical intelligence.
The intelligence quotient (IQ) is a measure of intelligence that is adjusted for age. The Wechsler Adult lntelligence Scale (WAIS) is the most widely used IQ test for adults.
Brain volume, speed of neural transmission, and working memory capacity are related to IQ.
Between 40% and 80% of the variability in IQ is due to genetics, meaning that overall genetics plays a bigger role than does environment in creating IQ differences among individuals.
Intelligence is improved by education and may be hindered by environmental factors such as poverty.
Emotional intelligence refers to the ability to identify, assess, manage, and control one’s emotions. People who are better able to regulate their behaviors and emotions are also more successful in their personal and social encounters.

ya!

GWB

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by geedubya
A circle has 360 degrees. I'd be willing to bet one could fill up every degree of that circle with answers that take a different tack, and have a bunch more left over.

I don't know how old the OP is. I'll be 67 this year. I went to a private Baptist school in Kindergarten and 1st through 3rd grade. By the time I was in the 4th grade my mom had 6 kids. She had a degree from Rice Institute but stayed at home. My parents stayed married 63 years till my dad passed. My mom at 92 is still with us and us 6 kids plus 18 grandkids and now 25 great-grandkids still enjoy her company regularly.

It amazing. I went to public school at a time when one still got an education rather than an indoctrination. In many places high school is just temporary custody before its off to prison. There was not a significant population of "feral" individuals.

Johnsons' Great Society and the civil rights act of 1964 and 55 years of the decimation of the black family had not yet occurred.

America was not balkanized and to a degree we had a national identity. At this time politician's had not yet decided "if you don't like the population you have, change it" and had yet to import millions of un-documented democrats that are un-educated and un-skilled.

Viet Nam and the social unrest of the 60's had not yet happened.

and that's just a few "tacks" . Don't even consider the different intellegence quotient measurements of different ethnic groups.

I don't know if the OP has ever heard of a guy named Maslow. Most folks I have encountered as a landlord are between lever 1 and 2. They are under educated and under-employeed. Basically just get by day to day.

One could fill books.

ya!

GWB

I agree. You said a lot in a pretty short narrative.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Define intelligence

here is one definition

http://open.lib.umn.edu/intropsyc/chapter/9-1-defining-and-measuring-intelligence/

and some takeaways from that.......

Intelligence is the ability to think, to learn from experience, to solve problems, and to adapt to new situations. Intelligence is important because it has an impact on many human behaviors.
Psychologists believe that there is a construct that accounts for the overall differences in intelligence among people, known as general intelligence (g).
There is also evidence for specific intelligences (s), measures of specific skills in narrow domains, including creativity and practical intelligence.
The intelligence quotient (IQ) is a measure of intelligence that is adjusted for age. The Wechsler Adult lntelligence Scale (WAIS) is the most widely used IQ test for adults.
Brain volume, speed of neural transmission, and working memory capacity are related to IQ.
Between 40% and 80% of the variability in IQ is due to genetics, meaning that overall genetics plays a bigger role than does environment in creating IQ differences among individuals.
Intelligence is improved by education and may be hindered by environmental factors such as poverty.
Emotional intelligence refers to the ability to identify, assess, manage, and control one’s emotions. People who are better able to regulate their behaviors and emotions are also more successful in their personal and social encounters.

ya!

GWB

It was a rhetorical question smile

But hence, yes I am.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bein' dumb enough to answer this thread tells you something about my smarts level. There are different kinds of intelligence, but there are some slow ones around.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Half the population has a below average IQ.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hungryhollow
Half the population has a below average median IQ.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I dont think intelligence has anything to do with it.

I think you are correct, I believe it has more to do with common sense and the ability to think for yourself.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Half the population has a below average IQ.

Well played!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mathman
Half the population has a below average median IQ.

Lets not be "Mean"

https://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/mean.html

ya!

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
With few exceptions, everyone on this forum is probably of above average intelligence.

I mentioned this before: we tend to associate with those who are within a couple percentage points of IQ. Those who are far above us or below us don't exist in our personal universes. Those who are way below our IQ levels see this forum and it's incomprehensible. They don't even lurk, let alone post.

There are those on this forum that profess to have low IQ's. The mere fact that they post says otherwise.

Contrary to what a lot of left wing dullards would tell you, guns, ammo, reloading, and explosives are very attractive to intelligent people. We like making things go boom.

Back when I was the proprietor of a coffee house, I used to run this "scene" on Friday nights. It was there I began meeting folks with a bend towards firearms, etc. In the conversation pit at midnight everyone there was certified to be in the top 2% of standard IQ tests and higher, and a typical group would contain:

1) A marine armorer who owned his own gun store and ammunition mfg business
2) A retired gun editor, a founding member of the Ohio Ruger Collectors, and an officer in the Ohio Gun Collectors
3) A female semi-retired Israeli Colonel of the paratroopers who masqueraded as a suburban housewife.
4) A physicist who'd worked on the Manhattan Project
5) A veteran of The Bulge-- worked a water-cooled .30.
6) A guy with a degree in Pyrotechnic Engineering from Purdue, working as head engineer for a TV station
7) A guy who'd blown up a police car as a kid with a homemade pipe bomb just for bragging rights
8) The only amateur member of the Ohio Pyrotechnics guild
9) . . . and a goofball insurance salesman who'd once been arrested for carrying homemade pipe bombs in his car for purely recreational purposes.

. . . and I was the baby of the bunch who came into the group having reached the age of 23 without having fired a 22. Believe it or not this group was not about guns or right-wing politics or blowing up the world. It was just a bunch of bright people that were blowing off steam from the week-- a lot like what we do here.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It seems to me that most people who identify themselves as "democrats" are some of the dumbest people I have ever met.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One of my common sayings is: "Welcome To The Great Society"...... After about five decades of the dumbing down of America and all our wonderful social programs and our disgraceful public schools, anyone with any sort of smarts could see this coming. Lyndon B. Johnson was one of the pioneers of this crap and now it's beginning to come to fruition.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Are you more intelligent than most people?

Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,417
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.