Hop To
Page 46 of 63 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 62 63
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
More guys should shoot this.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
With the suicide of photobucket and 900 replies, I think we need a new challenge. Same rules just don't let scenarshooter know about it...

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I agree bsa....its fun and one heck of a challange.

I keep telling myself I'll get around to doing this with my 243.

And I just might.... and then scenarshooter will do it again.....and probably better than he did before

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
With the suicide of photobucket and 900 replies, I think we need a new challenge. Same rules just don't let scenarshooter know about it...

Ha ha. Rolling. Good one.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
I agree bsa....its fun and one heck of a challange.

I keep telling myself I'll get around to doing this with my 243.

And I just might.... and then scenarshooter will do it again.....and probably better than he did before

I like it when Pat shoots. That gives us all something to strive for. Now if only I could afford a GAP and nightforce!!!!!

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

Set up an imgur account. Works better than photobucket ever did.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Im stuck in a rut with my AR10 308. Cant shoot any better than 1.6 moa with current ammo. I think I'm going to try some varget and another pill.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
What bullets are you using in that 308?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
168 gr Hornady match

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Ever tried the 155 scenars? I've not tried them in a gas gun, but they perform stellar in a couple bolt actions.

Shoot me a PM if you want a handful to experiment with.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for the generous offer. I think I have some already. I've tried them in a few bolt rifles as well. I'll have to dig through my stash and see what I have. Montanaman said I should also try some ballistic tips. I'm also wondering if there's a good flat based bullet I should be looking at?

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by m1919
Ever tried the 155 scenars? I've not tried them in a gas gun, but they perform stellar in a couple bolt actions.

Shoot me a PM if you want a handful to experiment with.

They are great in a bolt gun but I couldn't get them going fast enough in a gas gun to make them shine.

168/175 SMK's were the most accurate bullet I found in my old 308 AR.

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/02/18.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nez used to shoot flat base bergers in his M1As IIRC. Maybe M1 too. Don't recall weights but thought a 130 and one larger but not sure. Flat base are really accurate and no need for boat tails up close say 300 and under really.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Nez used to shoot flat base bergers in his M1As IIRC. Maybe M1 too. Don't recall weights but thought a 130 and one larger but not sure. Flat base are really accurate and no need for boat tails up close say 300 and under really.

I've seen that over and over again in my bolt guns rost. Thanks for reconfirming this for the AR platform. I still think I'm the loose nut behind the butt when shooting my AR10... Just need some more practice man.. and maybe a little better load. The last time out, I grabbed the wrong loads and still shot 1.6 moa on the black rifle challenge targets. I will not submit them until I am down to sub moa with that rifle though...[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

You know I'm game. I'll take all my AR's to the range tomorrow if I have to... Start a new thread buddy and I'll play.... I think there was also mention of a tactical bolt action shoot, but that never happened. I would love to test the waters with my new 12fv creedmoor too. If I have to, I'll start a bolt action shoot/thread. We can even use the black rifle challenge targets, if that would make it easier for everyone. Same criteria and rules too.. Got the new Savage all glass bedded and ready to rock and roll.. Just waiting on some Lapua brass and loading dies. Brown truck should be dropping those off next tuesday...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Would yall want the same course of fire for the bolt gun thread? I'd like to see some of these "MOA all day long when I do my part" hunting rifles also.

I can start a new black rifle challenge thread also since photobucket ruined the last one. Maybe scenarshoter wont crush our egos again.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I would rather wareagle700 start a new thread since this is his baby. Maybe have a bolt class included?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
How about a "MOA all day challenge" thread in separate sub forums? That way we can keep one in each sub forum since not everyone comes to the AR section?

Maybe even put a "my scope tracks and holds zero perfect challenge" in the optics forum. grin

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/05/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wareagle700
How about a "MOA all day challenge" thread in separate sub forums? That way we can keep one in each sub forum since not everyone comes to the AR section?

Maybe even put a "my scope tracks and holds zero perfect challenge" in the optics forum. grin
LOL! We have those already - they are empty (null) threads! smile

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Keep it in this forum. This isn't only about ar type rifles. If I see it right, it also says "tactical" rifles in the heading. Keep semi-auto/black rifles separate from the bolt action division. I like the moa "all day long" concept, as snipers hide and arfcom have both had these types of shoots. This should be a "put up or shut up" shoot. Arfcom also has a call out thread, linked with their shoot, but we shouldn't have to do that here. I believe this forum is amongst the most civilized here on the fire. We know who the shooters are and we also know who are totally full of chit and all talk. I'm in, but just found out I won't be shooting until after September. Damn Oregon and Washington both have shooting restrictions because of the fires we've been having here..

BSA MAGA
Page 46 of 63 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,499
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.