Print Thread
Hop To
Page 47 of 63 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 62 63
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
I would rather wareagle700 start a new thread since this is his baby. Maybe have a bolt class included?

I could care less who starts it. The last one was all talk and no go.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ya keep it here and just have an extra division for bolt guns. Maybe we can keep it clean with just entries, a separate thread for questions?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Right,

I plan on keeping it here and adding a bolt gun division (excluding benchrest and belly benhrest rifles). I didn't know about putting one in the hunting rifles section though. Not sure many people would put 20 rounds through their rifles though for it so trying to come up with a challenge that people would participate in.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Eagle...dooooooo it !
Will be cool to start it fresh as I’m sure people have some new toys..
I need to dust off the stag and shoot the challenge again anyway. I was sitting somewhat pretty till some of these jerks started bumping me down the ladder;)

A bolt challenge would be fun too. If there’s one thing there’s a chit-ton more of than 1” all day AR’s, it’s 1” all day bolt actions!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Eagle...dooooooo it !
Will be cool to start it fresh as I’m sure people have some new toys..
I need to dust off the stag and shoot the challenge again anyway. I was sitting somewhat pretty till some of these jerks started bumping me down the ladder;)

A bolt challenge would be fun too. If there’s one thing there’s a chit-ton more of than 1” all day AR’s, it’s 1” all day bolt actions!

smile smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm liking the sound of this already...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I will introduce y'all to my tactical Kimber Montana...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
I will introduce y'all to my tactical Kimber Montana...

Spray paint it black. You'll be golden

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I'll play. I would love to see some of these "1" all day long rifles"....tacticool or otherwise.

I'm with bsa....I love this challange....its "put up or shut up". Can't tell you how many times I've heard that from some stranger at a range... .yet, oddly, I've never seen it in real life. grin

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any suggestions for a different target or did that last one work ok? I can change the size if needed.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tried this this morning with my new Larue UU in 6.5 Gren.

Humbling, to say the least...

I plan on doing one every week, just to see how I progress as I get used to the AR platform, and may even start doing one with my budget .223.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Holston
Tried this this morning with my new Larue UU in 6.5 Gren.

Humbling, to say the least...

I plan on doing one every week, just to see how I progress as I get used to the AR platform, and may even start doing one with my budget .223.

That's a great idea Holston. When I first got into AR's (last year), this challenge was tormenting me. It was humbling (as you put it) to say the least. It's not that my groups were huge, or all over the place, but that I could tell I needed a lot of practice to get better at shooting the AR platform. I consulted with this great bunch of guys here and they went over what they used for stocks, barrels, grips, triggers, bullets, powder, loads, etc. etc... I learned every little bit helped. I actually owe a lot to these guys here for helping me out through my trials and frustrations... Good luck with your grendel and keep practicing.. I'm just happy to place in the top 10 of the challenge and to bump MM out of his spot a time or 2.. laugh whistle

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
I'll play. I would love to see some of these "1" all day long rifles"....tacticool or otherwise.

I'm with bsa....I love this challange....its "put up or shut up". Can't tell you how many times I've heard that from some stranger at a range... .yet, oddly, I've never seen it in real life. grin

Dammit, I'll put up then...:

[Linked Image]
laugh

This one doesn't count. I don't even have the rifle anymore... I was actually using the same cheap azzed Nikon 6-18x40 on this Ruger as I used on my Stag 6HL that I placed 5th in the challenge with... I've got a 6.5 creedmoor that I'll be tinkering around with in this shoot, as soon as they lift the shooting ban in the national forest here and in WA...

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Targets were fine, I just need to buy another high powered scope. I have 1-4's and a 1-6 right now but I do have a spare mount.

Humbling it is but don't get so wrapped in accuracy that you forget a 2 MOA rifle in field conditions is better than a 1 MOA rifle strapped to a lead sled.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Targets were fine, I just need to buy another high powered scope. I have 1-4's and a 1-6 right now but I do have a spare mount.

Humbling it is but don't get so wrapped in accuracy that you forget a 2 MOA rifle in field conditions is better than a 1 MOA rifle strapped to a lead sled.

Field conditions. BTDT in the Carl Ross positional match. Not a lot of competitors there. Got a lot of lip smacking from a few high up members, but they never shot...... :

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Lead sleds are for puzzies...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
New challenge is up. Feel free to keep this one going for discussion purposes, lots of good info here.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

Take your time my friend. What type of targets will we be shooting and how many shots? 5 5shot groups, 2 10 shot groups?

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700
New challenge is up. Feel free to keep this one going for discussion purposes, lots of good info here.

Thanks wareagle!!!!!! Looks great.. Good luck to all you guys. I won't be shooting until after deer season and when the shooting ban is lifted.. cry

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700

You'll be the man to beat, if you are planning on pulling out the tikka 6.5....

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Sweet..
Eagle I don’t think the targets matter a bit so long as people follow the rules on how to shoot them

Do these need to be tacticool swat team rifles only? Do we have to add .250 to any group shot with a wood stocked affair?

I’m gonna shoot my .222 but wear my p220 in my thigh holster when I do it so I think that should count

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 47 of 63 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,741
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.