Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 46 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 45 46
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean Sara? I don't think you want any part of Lisa murkowski

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha... Lisa the Ice road trucker... grin blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Ha ha... Lisa the Ice road trucker... grin blush

Lol oh her she, damn ice road truckers haven't heard that in yrs

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Went to the range today and surprisingly the skinny barreled steven's 200 22-250 won out against the 6.5 creed and .223 rem predator......

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Any of you guys shooting? Here's how this works.

Show your rifle:
[Linked Image]

Show the range with target downrange at 100 yards:
[Linked Image]

Show the target, with pertinent information on it:
[Linked Image]

Throw a caliper down next to the group:
[Linked Image]

.770 MOA average.

Easy peezy.......

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919

One more just for fun.

Same range, same day, less flinch....

Kimber 8400
168 gr Noslers

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

733" avg

Damn good shooting 19!!

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will post pictures tomorrow of the 600yd range/Targets. 20 shots for record, each shot 10 points so 200 points possible. Be nice if I can keep them all in the 10 ring

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man it was a rough one only shot 180, it started out pissing rain. There is no cease fire 22 minutes start better get to shooting.first 6-7 shots the target was a blur in the rain. But with that majority of 9 and 10 with couple 8's one 7 and 6. On our second string of 10 the weather cleared sun was out, but my scope had raindrops on the lens, no lenses wipe it was in the truck. So add that to my list of things to add to my shooting bag. Well June 8th and 9th another shoot, will be at it again hope no rain this time.

Last edited by 79S; 05/28/19.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Long billed cap of some type, part of a rain poncho etc... will help at least keep the water out of the sights/optics. Its one reason we used to keep the nutty looking caps in the stool. Rain doesn't cancel a match but it can make it better as most folks just fire away, give up and are ready to get out of the rain. LOL

180 isn't bad under the conditions.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Long billed cap of some type, part of a rain poncho etc... will help at least keep the water out of the sights/optics. Its one reason we used to keep the nutty looking caps in the stool. Rain doesn't cancel a match but it can make it better as most folks just fire away, give up and are ready to get out of the rain. LOL

180 isn't bad under the conditions.

I had my patrol cap but didn't dawn on me until afterwards I should of used it to cover front part of my scope.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its all a learning curve.. maybe even just a paper tube just in case, or out of something else to extend and protect. I forgot about the front of the scope, you would have to make sure you had nothing on the front or rear lense.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its all a learning curve.. maybe even just a paper tube just in case, or out of something else to extend and protect. I forgot about the front of the scope, you would have to make sure you had nothing on the front or rear lense.

I'm going to fix all this and just get me scope cap covers lol. But like you said its all learning curve, we had one fella shooting a m1a and that stock soaked up all that rain and swelled up and it went to shooting everywhere lol. The F class were talking how they were drying there bullets off before firing I was just tossing them in and firing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Im going to be testing out a new Tikka tomorrow. Decided to try out a SHV as well.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Im going to be testing out a new Tikka tomorrow. Decided to try out a SHV as well.

What did you end up getting Lawrence?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Blued CTR and 5-20×56 SHV

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nice! Buy new or you do some horse trading.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S

I'm going to fix all this and just get me scope cap covers lol. But like you said its all learning curve, we had one fella shooting a m1a and that stock soaked up all that rain and swelled up and it went to shooting everywhere lol. The F class were talking how they were drying there bullets off before firing I was just tossing them in and firing.

hmm fairly sure a thing called friction would dry them. What did they do to avoid hitting raindrops while the bullet was in flight.

But actually, water doesn't compress all that well and they might be onto something to save or not ruin a top dollar tube?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Brand new. We'll see how she does tomorrow....!!!! grin I figured it's about time I stepped up my game a little...:
[Linked Image]

Oh, by the way it's a 6.5 creed grin

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

hmm fairly sure a thing called friction would dry them. What did they do to avoid hitting raindrops while the bullet was in flight.

But actually, water doesn't compress all that well and they might be onto something to save or not ruin a top dollar tube?

Yep that's wha5 I was thinking they were concerned about water on bullets going down the tube and ruin the barrel.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Brand new. We'll see how she does tomorrow....!!!! grin I figured it's about time I stepped up my game a little...:
[Linked Image]

Oh, by the way it's a 6.5 creed grin

Damn your going all man bun and Patagonia vest wearing gay on us lol.. nice rifle I'm sure it will be a tack driver!

Page 29 of 46 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.