yep my wife. she's a very sucessful hunter to boot

FJB
GB1

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've never run into a woman hunting alone in the woods. But, the wife of a buddy of mine hunts alone. Only one I ever heard of that does, except for the few written about in one of the hunting magazines a few months ago.
A rarity... It's not in their genes.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a gal at the gun club that hunts, and her husband doesn't. There's something you don't see everyday. I'm married to a lady who's a fair weather hunter (no wind, no rain, no deep snow, no cold, no early mornings), but she'll clean and cooks what she kills. I'll take it....... LOL! Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Helluva deer for man or women. My wife's best is also a 151, 10 point.
My wife would hunt and kill a deer alone, but field dressing it ain't gonna happen. She has a fairly weak stomach and a very strong nose. That would be a problem.
She and my son blood trailed and dragged out his doe last year. I was impressed. She didn't grow up hunting, but after 15 years with me she has caught the hutner bug.

Stumpy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, sorry to say I do not know any women who are serious about hunting. I know several who enjoy shooting and will go hunting with their husbands, but they would not go without the husband along to do the dirty work. I know one women who is a serious fly fisher-person, but she has a girlfriend.

I knew a lady who was a serious skeet shooter, she also went with her husband.

Nope, I never meet a lady who hunted or fished unless she was in the company of her father, boyfriend, or husband. I think most girls still see it as an activity to do with the "boys".

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I've a good (female) friend who routinely hunts alone. She's also worked as a wrangler at a number of different dude ranches in varous western states and as well as working in Alaska for one season.

Currently, she's working for the state Wildlife & Fisheries laboratory where she lives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My wife who hunts alone.My sister also hunts by herself and has many archery kills undewr her belt.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
My wife hunts deer and turkey with bow and shotgun by herself on or farm. I rule on turkeys but, she has the biggest buck on the wall in our house. She got him while I took our son to the doctor. My wife will help with dressing a deer, just won't do it herself.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Yes

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Steelhead, Ya just gotta get out more often...to the shopping malls.
Thousands of women hunting...They prepare too!.
Read the ads in the papers, clip coupons, talk to their gal friends...finaegle the checkbook for their 'hunting' excursions, even deceive their significant others at times..

Seen a few hunting in bars and dance halls too many years ago..
Look of a hungry lioness about them mostly..:) Jim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
Steelhead, Ya just gotta get out more often...to the shopping malls.
Thousands of women hunting...They prepare too!.
Read the ads in the papers, clip coupons, talk to their gal friends...finaegle the checkbook for their 'hunting' excursions, even deceive their significant others at times..

Seen a few hunting in bars and dance halls too many years ago..
Look of a hungry lioness about them mostly..:) Jim

Ya a cougar attack looking for a place to happen.

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hopefully I am raising two...

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am a woman hunter who routinely hunts alone. I have quartered my own elk and loaded the truck. I don't know what is all the fuss here...

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My wife is a four foot eleven inch....four foot eleven and 3/4 inch tall LPN. She's tiny...petite. She works a lot of hours but if there is daylight when she gets home then she suits up and heads out back until dark, by herself. Well, I'm up there too but I'm always way high and she won't try to get that high with that little of daylight left. So, unless I remember a radio, she's really kinda on her own...

She's done that many times until this last year. She overheard me tellin' the boys to be watchin' out for that 600ish lb'er while they waited on the bus to come in the mornings, as I had seen it cross the road a few yards down from the end of our driveway. They like to play in the woods and mess around in the creek before the bus gets there, don't want the boys gettin' sneaked up on by no big blackie.

She stopped goin' up back by herself after that, I can't figure why, but she did......

Hell, she's carryin' a gun and I do give her shells for it...

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell, she's carryin' a gun and I do give her shells for it...
Just one like Barney Fife? ....grin

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

E
Elk Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I know two Debras who hunt on their own. One is Debra Bradbury in Wyoming. The other is Debra Morvac in Montana. Debra Morvac has never bothered to put a scope on her Remington .243. She just goes out and shoots elk and deer with it using the factory open sights.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Steelhead
Now you done brought up the AR too..... my wife hunted a lot in her younger years, fished too. She has mostly quit hunting now and is mostly into taking pictures. But she goes along with me on lots of my hunts, backpack stuff into wilderness and so on. I actually like taking photos too, but generally get wound up into the hunting and don't take the time.... She mostly bowhunted when she was hunting, rifle shooting wasn't any kind of challenge, though she did hunt with pistols for a few years and a muzzleloader one year.

She shot highpower rifle with me for many years and is a distinguised rifleman(woman) with a master classification using the AR15 and previously the M14. It was pretty interesting taking her with to Camp Perry the first year though. She had never really been away from home much and then to go all the way to Ohio from TX and not have me around for her, she'd be off on another range shooting all day and on her own. But that was a good way to start the hunting on her own too. She learned all the ropes. Thats why bows were more interesting to her as a weapon fwiw. She has also hunted with an AR a lot, and when the yotes around the house get thick she carries a shorty AR when she walks the dogs on the farm.

She will clean game if I don't do it for her. I actually enjoy the trailing and cleaning of game while others think of it as work, so I normally clean what she shoots while she mixes me a few drinks...not a bad trade off.

Now to the real meat of the question. I don't know of any woman that has started on their own with no outside influence and gone all the way. But even finding a male that has done the same is tough. Usually some kind of influence that makes em start.

Personally I wish there were more, its always fun to have more than just the guys out there on hunts. But thats me.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have met a few around here that do but is certainly not common.

Know an old Indian gal, Grandma Helen, she had to hunt to feed her kids after their dad died. She killed anything that moved to put food in the pot. She knew some tough times, but she is a class act all the way.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my wife wont hunt on her own..........she has some minor problems with her ankles and hips and is worried about getting hurt out in the middle of nowhere without help. much in the same way i get a bit ancy going out myself with my bad knees, the ACL in my right knee is already partially torn.....the doc said it could hold out fine for the rest of my life or it could let loose on a stumble tomorrow, kinda makes one think twice on going out alone......

however my wifes best friend has no problems going out on her own and has left her fiance home on several occations cause she wanted to hunt by herself........

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (21, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 224th, 57 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,397
Posts18,527,896
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.