Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Lost my edc a couple weeks agojust a little one blade with a clip. Always carried in my back pocket clipped over the top. Been carrying a nice Case in pocket sinc but sure do miss it. Carried a cheap $5 gunshow knife for years. Maybe find one at tomorrow's show.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you don't care what a knife looks like, orange is the best color for finding a lost one.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I bet you find it when you mow. .
fixt.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Yep.....not my style but you can't go wrong with good ol 1095 carbon steel.

There's actually a bit of a cult following for Opinels.....there must be a reason.

Like I said, they take a nice edge without a lot of work and the twist lock holds the blade so that it feels like a fixed blade knife. The best part is,...they're very light. You don't even notice it in your pocket.

They don't look like they'd hold up but they do.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Could never come to appreciate the opinel myself. I can appreciate losing a favorite pocket knife though. Many decades ago I lost a Case pocket knife my paternal grandfather gave me. Just a small two blade trapper style. Loved that knife.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If you google Opinel and read the history, there is no question they have stood the test of time. An iconic design for certain.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I found one of mine in the garden once. I don't remember if it was out there 1 or 2 years.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Bristoe, I have that same knife. I have no idea where I got it, must have found it because I sure didn't buy it. Never used it, it just sits in a cabinet drawer in the house, and every few years I'll run across it while looking for something else.

I'll lose a knife every few years, but have had better luck not doing so since I started packing the ones with a clip. I'd almost sooner rather lose my wallet than my pocketknife.

Put a good edge on it and start carrying it. You'll be surprised at how much you learn to appreciate it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I bet you find it.

From my experience they generally turn up after you replace them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ex father in law lost his favorite mini trapper. I found it a year later in the sofa. Then 15 years later I found it again out dove hunting. Lucky damn knife.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Any pocket knife I carry usually has a Leatherman tool attached.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I bet you find it.

Yeah. Right after the new replacement one shows up.....

Well then you have a spare!

IME the best way to find a lost knife is to buy an exact replacement

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've probably got 15 pocket knives in there in my drawer. Some of them cost a few bucks. But the one that stays close didn't cost much at all. It must have fallen out of my pocket while I was working in the yard. They don't weigh anything and they'll take an edge real quick. I've been using it in the kitchen working up my tomatoes. It's perfect for stuff like that. I'm gonna have to chase down another one.

These.

https://www.opinel-usa.com/pocket-knives/classic-pocket-knives/classic-carbon-steel/n6-carbon

I have that exact knife and this thread just reminded me that I havne't seen it in awhile. Sharp sumbish it is!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

A Leatherman is a good tool. But it's too cumbersome to use as a pocket knife. I'd have to carry it with a belt pouch.

I really don't like the feel of a lot of stuff in my pockets. I've got a couple of pocket knives that I especially like for their quality. But they feel like lumps in my pocket. A #6 Opinel doesn't feel like anything's in your pocket. I think that's one thing that's made them so popular for so long. That, and the fact that they function so well. There's really not much to one. But they function great and they hold together much better than you would expect.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I used mine to slice deer meat last fall. Wonder what the hell I did with it?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've lost 2 knives in my life and both were when I was a kid 35 plus years ago. But the fear is always there that I might lose another.

Funny thing is with a knife that a guy packs everywhere, everyday, you get attached and used to how it works and sharpens, it even if it is just a run-of-the-mill knife available anywhere.

It's not the money at all, but its like rearranging your living room and trying to get used to something new.

Hope it turns up for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I find an EDC knife I like I buy 3 or 4 of them. One in the pack, one in the truck, one in a drawer and one in my pocket. Nice to always have a backup. My current favorite is the Kershaw Volt II, for about $20 on sale.

Last edited by NVhntr; 08/10/18.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet you find it.

He'll have to buy another replacement first. THEN he'll find the one that was lost.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A Leatherman is a good tool. But it's too cumbersome to use as a pocket knife. I'd have to carry it with a belt pouch.

I've been carrying the same Leatherman at work since 2003. Use it everyday for something.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I really don't like the feel of a lot of stuff in my pockets. I've got a couple of pocket knives that I especially like for their quality. But they feel like lumps in my pocket. A #6 Opinel doesn't feel like anything's in your pocket. I think that's one thing that's made them so popular for so long. That, and the fact that they function so well. There's really not much to one. But they function great and they hold together much better than you would expect.

Bristoe, have you tried the Leatherman Wingman. I have one of those and really like it. Clips right on the pocket and is handy.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 18,057 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,842
Posts18,537,240
Members74,047
Most Online19,844
48 seconds ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.