GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
JSTUART,
You cut, or punch that firewood?

Not really sure what happened after I saw it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
JSTUART,

Anyone can tell by the marks that he drilled it. 🧐

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART

What tipped you off?

I’ve never been to Australia, but I kind of figured that is what the bush looked like. Long views.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DerekP

What tipped you off?

I’ve never been to Australia, but I kind of figured that is what the bush looked like. Long views.

You have keen eyesight, not many would have picked the bush out...most would have focused on the tree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ALWAYS notice if there's bush around.

Aussie bush or not, I will notice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I test fired the Peterson brass today. It was pretty hot by 9 this morning with about a 5mph L/R breeze

Overall I like it just fine

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

What tipped you off?

Well it sure wasn’t the [bleep] kangaroos!
(I think you may have killed them all!)

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Took a good look at a box of Peterson .308 Win brass last night. Here are my impressions and observations.
Overall I'm quite pleased with the brass - I'm used to dented cases with out-of-round mouths and an occasional split mouth (Winchester and Remington). My plan now is to weigh some Winchester and Federal cases and see what the weight variance is.

Will I switch to Peterson brass? For the most part, no, because .243 Win and .308 Win are the only types they make that I can use. But for these, a switch may be in the offing, especially if I can detect smaller groups with the Peterson .308 Win brass.

Two things if I may...how much did the cases cost you, and I really miss being able to purchase cases in reusable packaging.

That is a nice touch.

JSTUART -

After my first comment in this thread (https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13030269/re-peterson-brass#Post13030269), Derek offered (in the next post in the thread) to send be some at no charge. I took him up on the offer and promised a fair evaluation in return.

My post above (https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13053530/re-peterson-brass#Post13053530) is the first part of that evaluation. The second part will be range results but that is going to have to wait a while due to my schedule. Have only been to the rifle range three times since January or February, all in the last couple weeks. Have three trips planned in September with different hunting buddies who need to get some range time before antelope and elk season. If I don't get to shoot the Peterson brass the first couple weekends in September, which is doubtful, I may not get a chance to do so until after antelope and elk seasons (both in October for me).

So far, the only negative to Peterson brass that I see is the limited variety. Would love to get some .25-06 to fire-form for my 6.5-06AI, but I suspect they will do a lot of other flavors before they get to .25-06. Might try their .243 Win, though, depending on how the .308 shoots.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

You be wrong . not everyone post every little detail of their life

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JSTUART,

Chopped— with an ice pick.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
JSTUART,

Anyone can tell by the marks that he drilled it. 🧐

I really didn't want to be the one to throw that out there first but my thoughts were there. Or even if maybe Peterson let some. Second quality brass go out the door being a new company and all you know there is such a thing called Growing Pains. I'm sure stick knows very little about growing pains

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

You be wrong . not everyone post every little detail of their life

+1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Oh my...The Do NOTHING Gang is in FULL Estrogen Surge! Congratulations?!?

Derek,lemme tell you a leetle "secret". Noone can "make" you out to be a more STUPID Fhuqk or Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit than you can,by simply doing your
"best". I'm more than happy to provide all of the slack on the rope,that you "think" you can "handle". You are really doing a "GREAT" job thus far. LAUGHING!

The fhuqking HILARIOUS constant,of "all" that "QC" and "tooling". LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

Pardon my being at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Perhaps I have "heard" of Alpha,amongst a plethora of others,in a myriad extrapolation of Makes/Chamberings? Feel free to swoon the Sweet "Satisfactions",of the brass wearing your name,being the absolute WORST fhuqking schit I've ever seen...which is more than a touch "impressive". Hint. Laughing!

I'm unfamiliar with the website,you tried to dangle a picture of.

What was the "odds" of Drooling DUMB Fhuqks being devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite,to see Peterson's fhuqking hilarious attempt at brass buildin',ala poignant peectures?!? I'm fairly certain,that the point is/was,that it needn't a 1D4 wearing a beloved 35mm 1.4 ART and 'tubes,gunned into a soft box with a couple/few 600's tossing diffused light at the Schit Show,in order to convey the EPIC Goat Fhuqktitude. But alas,them thangs was far from requisite,to paint the picture. pun be intended. Hint. LAUGHING!

Splendid Pixels is easily arranged,for them with the talent,eye and riggin'...AKA the constants in which The Do NOTHING Gang is remiss. Fortunately for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to gawk the splendors of others and read about same,the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Laughing!

Nice to splendidly mix up ambient light,focus and DOF(literally). Time for a Thesaurus Google,so you gals can nod heads in unison,like you "understand". Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Hmmmm...I don't really expect that "much" Mail this week. Been wanting to try some Alpha brass,so ordered some to see WTF it's about,because their website looks good. CameraLand claimed last week,that my Phantom Geovids would ship last Friday...but as per their usual,there is no communication and I remain dubious,as it's been multiple months of the same claim. Pretty funny! Bushie says my failed LRHSi 4.5-18x will ship this week,but like CameraLand,I've heard that one before. If memory serves(and it never don't not),there should be a new Seex Kreedmire two. That of course,amongst various other mainstay consumables.

Have never even seen a belted case,let alone fired one or owned one either...let alone worn more than a few rifles out. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately,I've never even seen a Bear or a Caribou either. I'd think that would be sorta neat,though farrrrrrr outta reach. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Did I mention being a Fan,of Blued/Walnut? LOVE that schit. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I've never seen Peterson brass...so cain't comment. Though I do hear good thangs,if'n you blow on 'em just so. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Pardon the Splendid Pixels bitches,as you gawk from your couchbound kchunts and TRY to "convince" yourselves...that you "could too". Everyone "knows" a Cutter. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts...you AMAZINGLY Inept Stupid Fhuqks.

Wow +P++!

BEST fhuqking Thread evah!

LAUGHING!..........................

Jesus Christ you stupid idiot, it’s about like taking pics of cows or horses down here you stupid bitch...

I mean bears are sooooo rare up there, they pay fuuckers to keep them away!!! Wow princess, you’re doing great!!!! Haha

[bleep] might as well go to the zoo!! Same/same.... hint

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean there's wildlife near ANWR? Damnation.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out.

Bob

Don't bet too much on that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mathman

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out.

Bob

Correct, he would most definitely lose some money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman

Bob

Correct, he would most definitely lose some money.

Definitely. The rest of you beat me to it.

I'm not the most detail focused handloader out there but I certainly notice (and toss) brass that has visibly off-center or torn flash holes. There no sense wasting time with bad brass.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Do NOTHING DumbFhuqktitude is never not fascinating...mainly because the couchbound kchunts extolling it,are simply doing their "BEST". Congratulations?!?

I'd be curious to learn of the locale of this incredibly high Bear Density,where they are soooooooo thick,that folks get paid to keep 'em away. Where does one send a resume? What sorta guns do they use? Do they kick hard? Sounds like that'd be a place to see and perhaps a right proper vocation,were it to be. Riveting commentary for certain and undoubtedly fueled by the keen insight of firsthand findings...or just mebbe Cross-eyed Drooling DumbFhuqktitude. I reckon Pavement Pounders gotta tell themselves something,to satiate the angst of their Realities. They's undoubtedly rockin' some killer Phone "Cameras" to record the "marvels" they "see" and "Adventures" they "partake". The poor poor(literally) Stupid fhuqks,wouldn't know how/where to poke film in a digital camera.Hint. Laughing!

You "hard chargers" ever try any Peterson brass? It's really something,if'n absolute fhuqking Dog Schit is "something". I'd not wanna steal the "thunder" of a Couchbound Kchunt,not being able to gawk things they've never seen before. It'd be purty mean to swipe away their Imagination and Pretend,if only because it's all that they've "got". LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

VERY fhuqking funny,that The Whiner From Oz said she was "out",yet was never even fhuqking close to being IN. Hint Laughing!

She's obviously needs a Mountain and a Tree,which are both easy(for me). Here's hoping,she can "convince" herself,along with the others,that she "could too". Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Caught this one,sleeping at the Zoo,between scheduled feed times. Needed an Armed Guard...give or fhuqking take! Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Was feeding this one Bananas,through the bars at the Zoo. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Saw a Cow once. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You gals REALLY "get after it". Feel free to regale with stoplight pics,some fences and be sure to say sumptin' in Spanish...to correlate the "splendors" associated,with your Do NOTHINGness. Hint.

So even you DUMB Fhuqks can discern that Peterson "QC" is funnier than fhuqk and an EPIC Goat Fhuqk,even though I didn't focus stack and gun a softbox? What were the "odds"?!? LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts.

BEST Thread evah!

Laughing!...........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 26 of 48 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21 invisible), 1,710 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.