Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 48 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 47 48
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ha Ha the gift that keeps on giving. Nice pics. While Stick may just be the epitome of dickheads if he says the brass he got is crap then I'm not going to argue over it. I will also say in my book no one handles customer service reps better!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Ha Ha the gift that keeps on giving. Nice pics. While Stick may just be the epitome of dickheads if he says the brass he got is crap then I'm not going to argue over it. I will also say in my book no one handles customer service reps better!

I have no doubt the brass was substandard, I am just over the ranting and wailing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

.......MCA!

It's fun to stay at the YMCA!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone up for the iPhone headstamp photo challenge?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 16bore
Anyone up for the iPhone headstamp photo challenge?

I’ll play. Here’s what is coming off the line right now. 338 Lapua.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If that were 257 Roberts brass I would order some!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Originally Posted by DerekP
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

It’s official you are the dumbest guy on the fire.
No one but sugar tits looks at flash holes. 🤪

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Just for size comparison, 308 family on the left and 338 Lapua family on the right.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

It’s official you are the dumbest guy on the fire.
No one but sugar tits looks at flash holes. 🤪

There was never any question Freddy.... grin

Now the bears are even elusive up on the slope!!! Haha then she throws a pic of a rotten snag in for even more stupidity!!! Guess the city slickers might be impressed???

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by kingston
They say it's punched on the website now......

Correct, I just updated it. We never said they were drilled. We said cut. Punching is a form of cutting. Scissors cut. They are shears. Just like a punch.

Really.

There's really no value in getting into a battle of semantics. But yes, punches cut the material they are used on. They have provided a better descriptor now, and that's all that matters.

I agree. It never occurred to me when using a sheet metal shear that it wasn't "cutting" the metal. Punching is a form of cutting as much as using scissors as are using flames, saws or water jets..

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B3

m77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
They say it's punched on the website now......

Correct, I just updated it. We never said they were drilled. We said cut. Punching is a form of cutting. Scissors cut. They are shears. Just like a punch.

Really.

There's really no value in getting into a battle of semantics. But yes, punches cut the material they are used on. They have provided a better descriptor now, and that's all that matters.

I agree. It never occurred to me when using a sheet metal shear that it wasn't "cutting" the metal. Punching is a form of cutting as much as using scissors as are using flames, saws or water jets..

Around here we punch our sheep to harvest the wool😂

Last edited by m77; 08/13/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by m77

Montana, right? It’s hard to argue with tradition.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
If that were 257 Roberts brass I would order some!

Me too. I'd order some 6.5X55 Swede if they made it.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
m77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by m77

Montana, right? It’s hard to argue with tradition.

Who would have thought Montana and South-Africa had that in common!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m77
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Punch them all you like. We sheared ours. Sure as hell don't miss them. smile

Saw this carved into tree in White National Forest, near a corral:
"Sheeps is love"

Those herders must get pretty lonely...

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

.......MCA!

Now that's funny!

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Pelican brewery don’t suck....
[Linked Image]upload pictures

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mike74

[Linked Image]

.......MCA!

Now that's funny!

Haha only a hard charging lazy lying bushelor has time to dig his camera outta his nose bag.... that s quite the stick!!!!! Pun intended

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yah, what's the big about a nasty ole cedar snag? Jezz, even an old Chevy can pull those over.
Don't need a little leprechaun with a size four hard hat trying to impress a bunch of Flatlanders..

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Judman
Pelican brewery don’t suck....
[Linked Image]upload pictures

If you don’t mind me asking, what beach is that?

Page 27 of 48 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.