Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some of you wanted to know my thoughts on the MBT trigger that is on sale till Christmas for $87.

I ordered 2 on July 16th and received them yesterday 8-10-18. One is going to a friend of mine and the other one wound up in another friends gun today. I have all Geissele G2S's in my guns and was able to compare them side by side. First impression was "dang this is really nice" first stage take up was clean right up to the wall. Second stage break was light and crisp with no real overtravel to speak of. Crosshairs stayed steady on target even though the gun is a Faxon light weight barrel with a Leupold 1-4 on it. I think the gun weighs just under 7 lbs. He shot 5 shots with my ammo into less than an inch at 100 yards which was the best it's ever done. He won't let me have it back...

It comes with an extra power hammer spring (and a cute note that says use only one spring at a time). The shape of the shoe is different but not objectionable. Made from S7 tool steel. Gives you a chance to win an UU kit (Ultimate Upper rifle kit). I didn't get to spend a lot of time with it as we had been shooting pistols all morning and it was time for me to go. I'll spend some time with it eventually but for $87 it's a no brainer. If you even thought about getting a decent trigger, order one.

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
X2. Good trigger

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for letting us know. I know I was interested in what you thought of them.That's one hell of a good deal, if it's the same one they were selling for $250.00 before...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Thanks for letting us know. I know I was interested in what you thought of them.That's one hell of a good deal, if it's the same one they were selling for $250.00 before...

Yes they were $125 each before this $87 sale started. But I didn't realize they were taking a month to deliver.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dla

Yes they were $125 each before this $87 sale started. But I didn't realize they were taking a month to deliver.

Yep, that's a long time to wait. But probably worth it, if you aren't in a hurry...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
They were $125 if you hit the no hurry option but they recently opened a new line that builds nothing but triggers full time from what I understand. Of course with the sale going on and the goal of selling 50,000 triggers before Christmas, there was bound to be a backlog.

It's worth the wait.

My buddy read this thread and said I made his gun fat, it weighs 6.7 lbs scope, sling and all.

Last edited by TWR; 08/12/18.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
L
I paid $99 for mine. Outstanding trigger!

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Uh, TWR, I said it weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces, not 6.7 pounds.

If yer gonna build stuff for me yer gonna have to get the advertising right or I'll find someone else.

Just for that, you're not getting the trigger back.

T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a lot on my mind...

Hey post a pic of that group, I know you still have it wink

Last edited by TWR; 08/12/18.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ridge
Uh, TWR, I said it weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces, not 6.7 pounds.

If yer gonna build stuff for me yer gonna have to get the advertising right or I'll find someone else.

Just for that, you're not getting the trigger back.

Sounds like a damn good build, if it's that light and shooting that well. Trigger sounds good too. One thing I don't like about the $79.99 RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger, is I always have to polish them to get rid of the gritty feeling in the first stage. If I could bypass that and just buy a good comparable trigger for about the same price, I'd be all over it.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thanks! Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla

Yep, that's a long time to wait. But probably worth it, if you aren't in a hurry...

I guess I misunderstood LaRue's writeup. I thought they were putting in a dedicated trigger line so that you didnt have to wait a month.

I can buy a Ruger 452 Elite and have it in three days ($99). I would love to see a comparison between the MBT and the 452. I have a 452 and really like it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

I guess I misunderstood LaRue's writeup. I thought they were putting in a dedicated trigger line so that you didnt have to wait a month.

I can buy a Ruger 452 Elite and have it in three days ($99). I would love to see a comparison between the MBT and the 452. I have a 452 and really like it.

That Ruger trigger is surprisingly good. It also comes with that housing and grip, so you can test it before you buy it. Pretty ingenious of ruger.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
You can have the Ruger in 3 days. Then the week in transit back to the factory, the week it sits there waiting to be looked at, and the week it takes for the new one to get back to you.

Mind you, I'm basing this on my long history of returning deadlined Rugers to the factory. And also Ruger's long history of excellent triggers.......

Last edited by ridge; 08/13/18.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You can have the Ruger in 3 days. Then the week in transit back to the factory, the week it sits there waiting to be looked at, and the week it takes for the new one to get back to you.

Mind you, I'm basing this on my long history of returning deadlined Rugers to the factory. And also Ruger's long history of excellent triggers.......

Honestly, have you tried the Ruger trigger?

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Nope. But I do know that the LaRue is made of tool steel and the Ruger isn't.

If you absolutely positively gotta have a trigger in 3 days, for just a bit more, it sounds like a deal. I don't know why you couldn't wait though.

Please don't think I hate Ruger, I like a lot of their stuff. It's just that a lot of that stuff I've liked and bought has let me down, so I'm a bit skeptical.

Last edited by ridge; 08/13/18.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Two things.
(1) Have you ever seen a failure analysis on a Ruger 452? Do you know what the 452 is made from? Do you have any idea whether or not "tool steel" is a good thing for a trigger?
(2) Since you have no experience with the 452, have you read anything where they measured the 452 and MBT side by side?

Anybody can talk out their ass on this forum. But I'm pretty sure the ignore feature still works.

T
TWR Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Considering a quick search shows several 452 failures and nothing but good reviews on LaRue's trigger, I'd say you need to move along and go back to the Ruger forum. Oh wait, that's where several bad reviews came from...

Here's a better review than just my thoughts.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/chris-heuss/larue-tactical-mbt-trigger-gear-review/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LF_bZnOz0

Last edited by TWR; 08/14/18.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by dla

Two things.
(1) Have you ever seen a failure analysis on a Ruger 452? Do you know what the 452 is made from? Do you have any idea whether or not "tool steel" is a good thing for a trigger?
(2) Since you have no experience with the 452, have you read anything where they measured the 452 and MBT side by side?

Anybody can talk out their ass on this forum. But I'm pretty sure the ignore feature still works.

Geez. Where do we even begin with this? How about we start off by saying that yes, tool steel is an appropriate trigger material. Don't even try, you can't win that one. You'll just look silly arguing that I'm wrong.

Hey, if you like the Ruger trigger, great. I really do hope it works out for you. I'm not going to sit around praying your trigger f*&cks up on you just so I can say I told you so. But just so you know where I'm coming from, here's some other stuff I've never seen the "failure analysis" on that's failed me:

1. The pawl in my Ruger New Vaquero that snapped in half at around 300 rounds of light 250 grain less than factory equivalent loads.
2. The transfer bar in my old Ruger Speed Six .357 that snapped in half after shooting all those .38's. (oh yeah, the factory doesn't carry parts for those older guns, so that was fun)
3. The pawl in my friend's GP100 that sheared the tip off and wouldn't index the cylinder.
4. The extractor in my then new 10/22 that just didn't work at all.
5. The trigger assembly in my Ruger American that required a trip back to Mayodan NC in less than 100 rounds.
6. The Ruger 44 Special Flat Top who's barrel was so out of time it couldn't be zeroed.

I list these things so you can understand why I wouldn't pay more money for the Ruger trigger when the LaRue is available for less. You may feel differently. Feel free to hit the ignore button if it hurts you that much.

Regards,

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I guess I'm the sucker here. I should have done the search first. Here's a quote from dla just last month where he admits to being what we already knew:

#12995267 - 07/17/18 Re: How to build an AR [Re: TWR]
dla Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by TWR
LaRue's are $87 and don't need nothing...

That price is shocking! A person would be a fool to buy any other 2-stage trigger. I wish I had another AR trigger to upgrade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.