Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 48 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 47 48
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Hey,I need 100 280 AI before Sept. Let's kick this in the ass. Pleeeeease.

Last edited by Otter6; 08/15/18.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Coming at ya!

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Didn't know there was Elepahnt hunting in southern NM. *grin*

There was.... wink

Ha

Since there are no more elephants here in southern New Mexico,I am using the .460 for a varmint rifle.
[Linked Image]

Excellent use for it

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Coming at ya!

[Linked Image]

Sweet! Perfect for necking up to .30/280AI

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Coming at ya!

[Linked Image]

What's on the conveyor?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Otter6
Coming at ya!

[Linked Image]

What's on the conveyor?

338 Lapua headed to have their mouth and shoulder annealed before being coated and packaged.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coated?

With what?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Coated?

With what?

We coat all of our casings in a clear, super thin anti-tarnish / lubricant. Besides helping the casings look their best when they show up to the customer, the lubrication properties of the coating help give a more uniform / consistent bullet seating depth when the casings are loaded with a bullet. If you have ever seen that shiny ring on the top of the ogive of the bullet after you seat the bullet in the casing, you might have a little too much bullet insertion force. Our coating helps eliminate that from happening on the 1st loading, without having to reduce the neck tension between the bullet and the casing neck. It also eliminates the need to pre-lube our casings before using them in a progressive press.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Speakin of shiny....,I picked up 20 more pieces of new unfired Winchester nickel plated 223 brass. WoooEeee! It sho is purdy. But again, them sneaky dogs hid the flash holes and case mouths with primers and bullets dag nabbit! It was nearly free, so I’ll hold my judgement.

Last edited by DollarShort; 08/15/18.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Your a day late!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by sidepass
Your a day late!

Nah...you just thought I was.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I posted elsewhere that my 6.5CM Peterson brass weighed 170 grains and the Hornady 148 grains +/-. DerekP do you know where that extra weight is located in the CM? Or is it just a beefier case in general? Is this going to be true for the other calibers? Thanks

Great question. Our walls are a little bit thicker than Hornady right now. Specifically, the walls down closer to the head of the casing. I guess “beefier” is a good way to describe our 6.5 Cdmr casings. We are coming out with a new version within the next few months where we will be thinning out the walls near the base to help give reloaders like you a little extra volume inside the casing. This should help with those powders which are a little slower burning. Although we do a lot of new caliber development, a ton of caliber development goes back into our current calibers to continually improve them. Start your load development with our casings using a little lower amount of powder than you normally use. You will get more velocity with less powder due to our 6.5 Cdmr casings having a little bit less volume. We will put out an announcement when we release the increased volume 6.5 Cdmr casings. Please don’t hesitate if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the reply. So far so good with another box purchased. 42gr. H4350 and a 143 ELD-X gives me 2642fps with a 22" and 2682fps with a 24" barrel. That is with a Fed 210 @2.800".
Easily sub MOA at 100 and MOA+ at 200 yards. Should work on my upcoming caribou hunt.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I posted elsewhere that my 6.5CM Peterson brass weighed 170 grains and the Hornady 148 grains +/-. DerekP do you know where that extra weight is located in the CM? Or is it just a beefier case in general? Is this going to be true for the other calibers? Thanks

Great question. Our walls are a little bit thicker than Hornady right now. Specifically, the walls down closer to the head of the casing. I guess “beefier” is a good way to describe our 6.5 Cdmr casings. We are coming out with a new version within the next few months where we will be thinning out the walls near the base to help give reloaders like you a little extra volume inside the casing. This should help with those powders which are a little slower burning. Although we do a lot of new caliber development, a ton of caliber development goes back into our current calibers to continually improve them. Start your load development with our casings using a little lower amount of powder than you normally use. You will get more velocity with less powder due to our 6.5 Cdmr casings having a little bit less volume. We will put out an announcement when we release the increased volume 6.5 Cdmr casings. Please don’t hesitate if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the reply. So far so good with another box purchased. 42gr. H4350 and a 143 ELD-X gives me 2642fps with a 22" and 2682fps with a 24" barrel. That is with a Fed 210 @2.800".
Easily sub MOA at 100 and MOA+ at 200 yards. Should work on my upcoming caribou hunt.

That’s great to hear. I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures if you get a Caribou. Have a good hunt.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Trystan
No one is horned up over Big Stick!

That's why 28 pages later they continue to post

Same two guys always take it rough and let him eat them alive. They do so simultaneously......it’s amusing

Trystan

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A while back I posted my initial impressions about the .308 Win Peterson brass I had received. The post can be found here: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13053530/re-peterson-brass#Post13053530

This weekend I had intended to load some up for my trip to the range next weekend with my hunting buddy. No can do.

The problem is I normally load Winchester.308 brass and in fact did load some this weekend. When I got ready to use load the Peterson brass I discovered it weighs about 20 grains more than the Winchester brass. This means I will need to do load development rather than just load and shoot with my standard loads. Not totally unexpected, but I was hoping it wouldn't be the case.

I then decided to compare the Peterson brass against what I had on hand. The data below is for 50 pieces of Peterson brass and 6 of each of the others. (Yes, I was being lazy, but also I didn't 20 pieces of all the others, let alone 50.)

The 'Fired' brass in the table below has been deprimed and tumbled. Some may have been trimmed, too. The WW and Peterson brass are factory new.

[Linked Image]

Readers can draw their own conclusions. I was impressed with Peterson's low S.D. given it was for 50 pieces. I expect the E.S. for the other types would have been similar to (or greater than) the Peterson if 50 pieces had been weighed for each.

Unfortunately, my schedule dictates that I will not be able to load and shoot for groups until November or later.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How uniform are the case necks?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Didn't know there was Elepahnt hunting in southern NM. *grin*

There was.... wink

Ha

Since there are no more elephants here in southern New Mexico,I am using the .460 for a varmint rifle.
[Linked Image]

Excellent use for it

Hey Elks-- Why don't you shoot ANOTHER vermin ? Same ol, same ol.... whistle
grin

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
At least his NOSE is UP............rof

[Linked Image]

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I started at the BACK of this thread because......

Although Stick......
he has devolved into a screaming mess.

he's been a screaming mess SINCE I joined the 'fire in 2010.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
How uniform are the case necks?

Have not measured them but visually they appear to be perfect. No oblongs, dents, burrs, etc. Neck tension appears good, too, based on trying to slide a bullet in by hand, which failed.

[Edited to add}
Just checked the neck wall thickness on several cases at several spots per case.

All measured the same to the nearest .0001". Minimum was .0015", maximum was under .0016". By comparison, several WW brass cases measured from about .0015" to .0017".

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 09/04/18. Reason: edited to add

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Page 31 of 48 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (2ndwind, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 16 invisible), 1,667 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.