Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Some people believe and some don’t, me I think there’s a whole World of “disembodied intelligences” as close as the nearest ouija board, I got no interest in messing with it.

Reason I’m bringing it up I was just up in NY State where a relative lives in an old farm house that is notorious among our family and which has scared the begeezus out of visitors sleeping in that part of the house.

Mostly knocking and things heard moving. A few times over the years a room has had the bolt slid over from the inside, locking it. One time a relative visiting from England was woken by urgent announcements that the barn was on fire. My ex is the only one who has seen anything, the shape of a boy standing over us when she woke to tugging on our blanket.

Me I’ve stayed in that room several times, cold chills and feelings of unease are frequent, possibly the power of suggestion. This time though there was quick knocking on the door, twice, three knocks each time, no one there I either time.

Me I view these things like I would rats or roaches; a PITA that doesn’t belong there.

If I lived up there I would go to war with the fuggin’ thing until it was gone, tho I dunno how.

I’m curious as to other folks’ thoughts/experiences.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've had a couple of such incidents. I won't go into detail but to say invoking the name of Jesus Christ and instructing them to leave does wonders for ending the visitation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
When my youngest daughter was three, she had two experiences we witnessed.

#1. She was playing on the floor and I was reading in my recliner. Our oldest daughter was laying on the couch watching a show. Rachel (the 3 year old) stopped playing and looked up at a point that would be someone standing behind my chair. She smiled and nodded her head and said, "yes... yes... Okay, Bye..." When we asked her who she was talking to, she replied, "I don't know."

#2. Rachels was on her mother's lap in a chair while having a book read to her. She looked up at her mom and said, "Your Daddy's here." Noreen's dad had died while she was pregnant with Rachel. Noreen asked her where he was and Rachel pointed to the stairway, and then said, "Never mind. He's gone."

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
I've had a couple of such incidents. I won't go into detail but to say invoking the name of Jesus Christ and instructing them to leave does wonders for ending the visitation.

This works. And you don’t have to be a Priest......... just a believer.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Ya, that’s what I did every evening, still happened on day 3 tho.

In the greater scheme of things these things seem inconsequential compared to the real evil that men do, that house has been pestered for way to long is all.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Birdie, Spiritual warfare is a real thing,and you are very wise not to mess around with evil my inviting it into your life by occult practices such as ouija boards.

If I were interested in clearing an area of dark spititual activity,I would enlist the aid of a Pastor with experience in this area. I could probably help you find somebody in my denomination in your neck of the woods.

RickyD is right that invoking the name of Jesus is a powerful weapon,but the New Testament makes it clear that this power is only available to those in the faith.

The New Testament gives an example of non believers who tried this and it ended badly.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
When my youngest daughter was three, she had two experiences we witnessed.

#1. She was playing on the floor and I was reading in my recliner. Our oldest daughter was laying on the couch watching a show. Rachel (the 3 year old) stopped playing and looked up at a point that would be someone standing behind my chair. She smiled and nodded her head and said, "yes... yes... Okay, Bye..." When we asked her who she was talking to, she replied, "I don't know."

#2. Rachels was on her mother's lap in a chair while having a book read to her. She looked up at her mom and said, "Your Daddy's here." Noreen's dad had died while she was pregnant with Rachel. Noreen asked her where he was and Rachel pointed to the stairway, and then said, "Never mind. He's gone."

My own belief is that these things have no direct connection with the dead, with the house in question my own feeling has always been that some sort of evil or murder occurred there in the past. ‘Course my feelings are worth every penny.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"Won't go into detail" means you crapped your drawers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a house in Ontario, OR which is haunted. Built in the late 19th Century, apparently bad things happened to children there, the nanny or nurse tried to protect them and supposedly she's the one hanging around.

The owners made the place a bed and breakfast of all things. One bedroom in particular has had "visitors" several time; folks sleeping in the bed will be awakened by the distinct feeling of someone sitting down on the end of it. In the main bedroom the occupants in bed have felt someone pushing down hard on their chests, holding them in place. Cabinets that were closed inexplicably opened, and not just one. The lady of the house has a sewing room in the basement and went out of it briefly, then came back to find every cabinet door opened, this when she was the only person in the house. I've visited the place several times for meetings, Thanksgiving dinners and such and know the folks who owned it, they are not ones given to superstition or hysteria.

Latest event that happened there about ten years ago was a 10 or 11 year old boy blew the side of his little brother's head off with a shotgun.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I, for one, will say, balderdash. Dead, or alive, one or the other it is. Demons are another story.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep,ghosts are demons. Count on it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the offer but they wouldn’t accept, the owners of the house just live with it, as it stopped bothering them directly years ago, seems like it picks on visitors. Me personally , I ain’t even willing to tolerate a “truce” situation.

Funniest incident over the years was when the brother in law, who is terrified of the house, agreed to look in on their pets when they were out of town. He walked into the front door and paused in the hallway. Just then, right on cue, a loud alarm clock goes off in an upstairs bedroom. Nobody had set an alarm for two in the afternoon.

I guess one service these things do provide is that they remind us that the physical world we live in ain’t all there is.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I grew up directly across the road from a cemetery and there was another cemetery adjoining our property to the side. When I moved to Lexington, I had an apartment in an old house directly across from the city cemetery.

Basically, for the first 20 years of my life my neighbors were dead bodies,....*lots* of them.

I never saw a ghost.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think you guys watched or read Amityville Horror one too many times.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord

"Won't go into detail" means you crapped your drawers

No, it means I won't go into detail.

I will say I was working late in an old building the owners had said was haunted when it happened and after it was done I stayed in the building about another hour and finished my work, all the time with clean britches on. I was never scared. For most of it I thought someone was playing a practical joke on me. That was not the case.

Paranormal is more normal than we think. We are living in one dimension that is temporal. The Spirit world lives in the permanent dimension. Were we able to visit that dimension before our time, those not knowing Jesus and understanding we are children of the Most High God would be terrified. My faith, and experiences therein, have removed most fear from my life, but we all still have to suffer from the flaws of humanity.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I couldn’t even get that hot version of the green fairy to visit me after several absinthe binges.

Was I trying too hard???

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I recall as a small kid, I'd sometimes be a bit anxious about the cemeteries around our place. Once my dad told me, "Dead people ain't the ones you've got to worry about.

I was over it by the time I was a teen. My best stereo was in my car. The upper driveway to our place was about 40 yards from the edge of the cemetery that adjoined our property. I'd often sit out in my car late at night listening to music.

My father is buried in that cemetery right next to our old property line, After his graveside service, we all just walked across the yard to our house.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
AFAIK Cemetery’s generally ain’t a problem, schools OTOH by accounts might be the most haunted places there are, and typically no one died there.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I think you guys watched or read Amityville Horror one too many times.

Or maybe you’ve never had an “experience”....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The local Blacks all believe in ghosts and "haints", as they call them. In 1991, someone murdered a Black girl and dumped the body on my farm. The next year I grew tobacco in the field that joined the spot where her body was dumped. I had some Negroes helping me, and they all refused to go anywhere near that spot. One of them asked me if I had ever heard anything strange around there, and I knew what he meant. I told him I'd heard some moaning, but figured it was the wind whistling through the tree tops. "No" he said, what you heard was her spirit.

I had a lot of fun out of them, making up chit and telling them about things I'd seen and heard in the area of the farm. They always responded by telling me that it was either her ghost, or her spirit and nothing else.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.