Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ridge
I guess I'm the sucker here. I should have done the search first. Here's a quote from dla just last month where he admits to being what we already knew:

#12995267 - 07/17/18 Re: How to build an AR [Re: TWR]
dla Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by TWR
LaRue's are $87 and don't need nothing...

That price is shocking! A person would be a fool to buy any other 2-stage trigger. I wish I had another AR trigger to upgrade.

You're so stupid. Unbelievably stupid. But you can type on mommy's computer from mommy's basement.

GB1

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by TWR
Considering a quick search shows several 452 failures and nothing but good reviews on LaRue's trigger, I'd say you need to move along and go back to the Ruger forum. Oh wait, that's where several bad reviews came from...

Here's a better review than just my thoughts.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/chris-heuss/larue-tactical-mbt-trigger-gear-review/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LF_bZnOz0

Are you as stupid as ridge or do you just not look at your own links?

Ridge, a complete flipping moron, bad mouthed the 452 even though he couldn't find his pecker with a search party. You just posted stuff about the MBT but nothing on how the 452 compares. Given the volumes of MPRs shipped, I gotta believe that there are 10x more 452s out there than MBTs - there's bound to be some failures. And I've yet to read the root cause and nobody herevhas avflipping clue ehat tool steel means. Theres a lot of morons who think that MIM is bad.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by TWR
Considering a quick search shows several 452 failures and nothing but good reviews on LaRue's trigger, I'd say you need to move along and go back to the Ruger forum. Oh wait, that's where several bad reviews came from...

Here's a better review than just my thoughts.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/chris-heuss/larue-tactical-mbt-trigger-gear-review/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LF_bZnOz0

Are you as stupid as ridge or do you just not look at your own links?

Ridge, a complete flipping moron, bad mouthed the 452 even though he couldn't find his pecker with a search party. You just posted stuff about the MBT but nothing on how the 452 compares. Given the volumes of MPRs shipped, I gotta believe that there are 10x more 452s out there than MBTs - there's bound to be some failures. And I've yet to read the root cause and nobody herevhas avflipping clue ehat tool steel means. Theres a lot of morons who think that MIM is bad.

Personal attacks don't prove your point. There is no reason for you to go full retard here but this seems to be your style. My next trigger is the LaRue MBT. I base this decision on TWR and Ridge's information points.

Here is my thinking. Statistically speaking a variety of milled tool steel parts have a better chance at longevity across the board than the variety of MIM parts made by different manufacturers. This is despite so many that plea that "MIM CAN BE just as good", which no one disputes, its just that some vendors don't do it well from time to time.

Some advice, your emotional reasoning and behavior might fit in on "The Relationships Forum" but not on a gun and hunting forum.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I read dla's response an hour ago and can't stop laughing. She's extremely emotional today. Beware!

dla, your 'fire post count vastly exceeds any round count you may have. Go spend some money on ammo and trigger time. Come back when it's all expended or you've AD'd yourself through the head. You'll have more to contribute either way.

Last edited by ridge; 08/15/18.
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
dla I was asked to share my thoughts on the MBT.

No one cares what you think.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a mbt, 452, and ssa-e...452 came installed in my mpr

mbt hands down in my opinion...87 bucks is a no brainer

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Statistically speaking .

What statistics? You tossed that out like it means something.
The reason people work with tool steel is that they can't afford MIM. So if you think making parts by hand is better - you've missed out. I don't know how the 452 is crafted, but I know it works. And I know that Ruger is shipping a lot of them.

The MBT may or may not be as good as the 452. It is getting popular enough that LaRue is getting serious about production. Time will tell if the quality holds.

If someone has side by side comparison data for the MBT & 452 - I'll listen. But if somebody disses the 452 because he had a problem once with a Ruger Vaquero - he'll get shot down.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
triggers are not made by hand and a CNC or wire EDM is not cheap. You are out of your depth here and emotionally tied to a product.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by killerv
I have a mbt, 452, and ssa-e...452 came installed in my mpr

mbt hands down in my opinion...87 bucks is a no brainer

I agree the price is great - but folks still have to wait a month.

You're the only person to have both the MBT and 452. What's the difference between the two?

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by dla

The reason people work with tool steel is that they can't afford MIM.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Cheap, fast, or good, pick two. Based on all your posts I've read, it doesn't look like you've ever picked quality in your life, but then get upset at those who do. Some folks have no problem waiting a month for quality parts, get over it.

IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by dla

Cheap, fast, or good, pick two. Based on all your posts I've read, it doesn't look like you've ever picked quality in your life, but then get upset at those who do. Some folks have no problem waiting a month for quality parts, get over it.

Uh-huh, sure, you betcha. You don't know how to define "quality" and you're confused enough to believe slow delivery means you're getting something better.

You crack me up.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

Uh-huh, sure, you betcha. You don't know how to define "quality" and you're confused enough to believe slow delivery means you're getting something better.

You crack me up.

DLA something is very wrong with you boy. Yondering has a great working knowledge of Metallurgy, I believe he works or did work in a related field. You on the other hand don't know anything but run off at the keyboard like some kind of an expert. People see you for what your are boy, give it a break.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn, what a [bleep] storm this turned into. I appreciate TWR taking the time to report back on this trigger. I may just buy one and save it for another build.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

You crack me up.

DLA something is very wrong with you boy. Yondering has a great working knowledge of Metallurgy, I believe he works or did work in a related field. You on the other hand don't know anything but run off at the keyboard like some kind of an expert. People see you for what your are boy, give it a break.

Did I insult your boyfriend? Nice to see you shaking the pom-poms for him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Retard

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Two years ago I put together my only AR 15. The upper is a WOA Varmint on an Anderson lower.
Round count is just over 1200 to date. My first trigger was the MBT and it accounted for just over 1000 rounds. I then decided to try a Geissele super dynamic enhanced with the straight design trigger. It has accounted for the rest of the rounds through the rifle.

My impression is that the build of both triggers is of same or near quality. However, I am not a machinist and likely overlook differences that might be obvious to an experienced eye. Functionally I expected the Geissele to stand out more when compared to the MBT. Second stage on the Geissele is approx 1/2 lb lighter but I can’t yet distinguish the difference. The MBT trigger profile is curved compared to the straight design of the SDE. Creep and break are awash to me at the moment. I can not distinguish an appreciable difference.

Maybe over time and more rounds on the Geissele help differentiate. I hope so because the purchase of the Geissele was done in part to make a comparison. My shooting with both triggers has been from the bench punching paper and hitting steel. I can’t throw any other triggers in for comparison since these are the only two with which I am familiar.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by IZH27
Two years ago I put together my only AR 15. The upper is a WOA Varmint on an Anderson lower.
Round count is just over 1200 to date. My first trigger was the MBT and it accounted for just over 1000 rounds. I then decided to try a Geissele super dynamic enhanced with the straight design trigger. It has accounted for the rest of the rounds through the rifle.

My impression is that the build of both triggers is of same or near quality. However, I am not a machinist and likely overlook differences that might be obvious to an experienced eye. Functionally I expected the Geissele to stand out more when compared to the MBT. Second stage on the Geissele is approx 1/2 lb lighter but I can’t yet distinguish the difference. The MBT trigger profile is curved compared to the straight design of the SDE. Creep and break are awash to me at the moment. I can not distinguish an appreciable difference.

Maybe over time and more rounds on the Geissele help differentiate. I hope so because the purchase of the Geissele was done in part to make a comparison. My shooting with both triggers has been from the bench punching paper and hitting steel. I can’t throw any other triggers in for comparison since these are the only two with which I am familiar.

Too bad you didn't have a different Geissele, with a curved shoe to compare to the MBT. I generally run the SSA-E and buy when they are on sale. Same goes for a RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger, which I believe is a damn good trigger once you polish it just a tiny bit. Every RRA I've had has been "gritty" on the first stage and that bugs the hell out of me.... Like I said before, if a guy could buy a MBT for the price they are selling them for right now and not have to touch them (like I do my RRA'S) I would be all in for sure.. What the hell, I'm going to buy one right now and then I'll have a few good ones to compare it to.. I'll let you guys know my honest opinion..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just ordered mine: $94.95...

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Well, it ain't MIM, but I think you'll like it! lol

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by IZH27

Too bad you didn't have a different Geissele, with a curved shoe to compare to the MBT. I generally run the SSA-E and buy when they are on sale. Same goes for a RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger, which I believe is a damn good trigger once you polish it just a tiny bit. Every RRA I've had has been "gritty" on the first stage and that bugs the hell out of me.... Like I said before, if a guy could buy a MBT for the price they are selling them for right now and not have to touch them (like I do my RRA'S) I would be all in for sure.. What the hell, I'm going to buy one right now and then I'll have a few good ones to compare it to.. I'll let you guys know my honest opinion..

True. Curved trigger would have been a more accurate comparison. As well as I can recall the MBT felt nice and smooth out of the box. I’m sure that a little polishing would make it even better. I look forward to your review since I have limited potential for comparison between different brand triggers.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,126
Posts18,502,517
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.