Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by kellory
I'm done here, argue all you want.

Last comment. Mister, your tent would be no challenge at all.

OP bwinter, this thread is off topic, but your call. Do you wish to return to your subject, or follow this rabbit down the hole? No one else's opinion matters on this question.

Next time you announce that you're taking your ball and going home (twice), do us a favor and stay there.

Just like now, you keep trying to draw me back in. Question is to the OP.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, does my last post appear to be an attempt to "draw you in?"

You're drawing yourself back in.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hunt mostly with a old wounded Marine Viet Nam Vet they don`t come any tougher or my son ,we don`t even bring a stove with in the mountains,we just pack in MRE`S with the heaters and a little water,we usally stay close to a high ground stream or spring above the beavers. we shut are phones off use phones sparingly,sometimes maybe a small camp fire for a little heat on our bodies. We are above the banana belt in west- central Montana- Idaho area Grizzly bear country,we mostly bowhunt and have done ok. were old school no phones,no radios just hunt and enjoy the simple things.

Last edited by pete53; 08/17/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting discourse. sleep

I'd like to keep my cell charged when I'm bivouacing in the back country. Its surprising how often I get all signal when up high. Verizon for the curious.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bwinters
What are you guys using for backcountry phone chargers?

Camofire has the Goal Zero Flip 20 and 30 listed today. I was all set to buy until I looked at the Goal Zero website - not Samsung S8 compatible. Of course I have a Samsung S8.......

I also ran across the Anker power packs but they don't seem to be weatherproof. They seem to be well respected and have many 4-5 star reviews but wonder about the weatherproof feature or lack thereof.

Thanks.

Weatherproofing of the Anker batteries is a good question. I use the Anker 10,000mah battery for the past year with good results. It charges my Iphone 6 multiple times--in fact I've never drained the Anker battery. I also use it skiing when it's pretty cold out and the Iphone battery wants to drain fast. It does take a long time to recharge the Anker though..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brad
Since this is a backpack-hunting forum (in theory), I’d like to know what everyone’s chargers weigh?

You made me curious. My Anker 10000mah battery weighs 8.6 ozs bare, minus the cords or little bag that comes with it.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'd like to keep my cell charged when I'm bivouacing in the back country. Its surprising how often I get all signal when up high. Verizon for the curious.

Keep it in airplane mode (obviously)... again, the 3.2 oz outdoor tech mini will keep your phone charged for as long as you’ll be out, unless you’re calling 1-900 numbers nightly.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Since this is a backpack-hunting forum (in theory), I’d like to know what everyone’s chargers weigh?

You made me curious. My Anker 10000mah battery weighs 8.6 ozs bare, minus the cords or little bag that comes with it.

Dat’s heavy in my world.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Dat’s heavy in my world.

Yes, at half a pound that becomes something to think about. They do make smaller batteries all the way down to the lipstick size that will charge a phone once.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Keep it in airplane mode (obviously)... again, the 3.2 oz outdoor tech mini will keep your phone charged for as long as you’ll be out, unless you’re calling 1-900 numbers nightly.

You mean you don't? I thought thats why everyone took their phone in the backcountry with them! laugh

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Videos, man, videos. 😎

Actually I keep my wife informed that I haven't been eaten or injured. She hasn't quite warmed up the idea of solo backpack hunting but were getting closer......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is what I’ve been using this year and it works great as double duty, light in shelter at night and charging my phone for my maps.

Mpowered Luci Light Pro

Strap it on my pack during the day.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AC - that looks interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks!

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The luci lights are awesome and surprisingly bright.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=Brad][quote=bwinters]

Actually I keep my wife informed that I haven't been eaten or injured. She hasn't quite warmed up the idea of solo backpack hunting but were getting closer......

Garmin inReach. Great piece of gear to keep in touch in the evening. And there in an emergency..

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 8 invisible), 872 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.