Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
After yesterday’s game I just saw on ESPN the Seahawks signed Colin as a replacement for Wilson.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You do know that CK is going to win a really big time award from the NFL & it's very likely that some team is going to be forced to take him onto their roster? Likely an arbitration decision before the end of the year.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never buy any thing with sport name

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 44mc
he is like obumer aint even a real n!&&#r

Nope, half breed. Funny though, how they all come out looking and acting like niqqers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nike is from Portland Oregon, what a surprise.
I haven't bought a Nike Product in over 30 years

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy Nike, don't watch the NFL or the NBA, and I hope this blows in Nike's face.

But.......it won't and I'll tell you why......they will lie and deceive the public even if it doesn't go over good, and put the blame on conservative people and the GOP

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Rong: As an aside, when I was a police officer in Seattle, Washington myself and several other officers were hired "off-duty" by the wonderful Warshal's Sporting Goods store there at 1st and Madison near Seattle's renowned "Skid Road".
This store had an absolutely wonderful and large gun department back then as well as a three personnel gunsmithing shop.
It also had a superb camera section with three well qualified salesmen there.
But we were hired by the Jewish owners (two brothers named Warshal) to protect their athletic shoe section from black shoplifters and grab and dashers!
We (in several years of work) never arrested anyone for trying to shoplift their "Nike" type athletic shoes who was NOT, black!
Not once, ever!
One of the Warshal brothers once confided in me that putting that athletic shoe section in his large two story establishment was the worst business decision he had ever taken part in.
It was just a constant headache trying to ride herd on the black shoplifters and on several occasions while we officers were not on duty or had to be absent for court or lunch breaks or what ever, the black shoplifters would literally "run down" the smallish Jewish salesmen/women who worked in that department and leave with the stolen "Air Jordans" or what ever was the rage at the time!
Sad commentary on the mentality/morality of "urban youth" and a life lesson I have not forgotten.
At the time Seattle's black population was just 6% of the total (nation consisted of 11% blacks back then)!
Yet those folks had to PAY for police protection of there "shoes" that they were trying to sell!
I don't ever remember cashing a paycheck from that store, even though I worked there for several years - I was always using my pay as payment on Rifles and pistols I had put on lay-a-way!
Slice of life interruption there - pardon me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S. Can I add another "aside" to this story - William and Adolph Warshal (the brothers who owned Warshals Sporting Goods Store 1936 to 1985) were always wonderful to us officers who worked there for them.
One day William "Bill" Warshal asked me to come outside of the store - I went with him wondering what this little old man wanted with me outside the store.
Bill says to me, "Dale THAT is the best business decision I ever made" as he pointed across the street to the newish at the time Federal Building that occupied the whole block across from his store.
He continued "Dale I bought that city block demolished the old buildings there and then rented (leased?) it long term to Uncle Sam for his Federal Building - he's never missed a month's rent and the rent ain't cheap"!
I was in shock that he would confide in me about his personal and unknown to me business dealings - but I told him I was happy for him and tried to lead him into telling me how much the lease/rent was by saying "man I can't even imagine how much rent they pay"?
Bill just smiled and looked at me, saying, "a LOT"!
Good for Bill - he led a long and rewarding life.
And even late in life loved to play tennis - he was a member of the exclusive Seattle Athletic Club and oftne invited me to play tennis with him there - sadly I never took him up on his invitations.
Another slice o'life - pardon me please.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dennis: Hi, my name is Dennis. How may I help you?
Eric: Hi, I heard that Colin Kaepernick will be the new face for Nike ads, is this accurate?
Dennis: Hi there Eric.
Eric: Hi there Dennis
Dennis: There is no details or confirmation as of yet but we will certainly release public statement
Dennis: please stay tuned .

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
They couldn't have picked a bigger loser, hope the choice costs them business big time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most business learned a long, long time ago that it was wise to remain apolitical.

What you see with the Millennials today is a search for the romanticism of the Baby Boom generation. They've read and been indoctrinated in the romanticism that was the 1960's:

- anti war protests
- Civil Rights marches
- campus protests
- feminist movement
- moral superiority on all fronts vs. the conservative White Male

All these things signify power for the young versus the establishment, and they are lauded as times when each individual "could make a difference with their conscious". These kids have ben urged to "make a difference. Protect the environment, embrace Climate Change, go Green, even though neither real science or common sense is on their side.

That's why you see these fools applaud BLM, ANTIFA, or Kaepernick's social injustice demonstration. The media, in their never ending thirst for something (ANYTHING) to exploit jumps on such things because it is easy to own the moral high ground. It is easy to say Blacks are oppressed, killed by cops, or just have the raw deal. Who's gonna step into that quagmire of barnyard poop and argue the point? Win or lose the argument, everyone smells like [bleep] afterwards.

Dick's Sporting Goods is learning a lesson in political activism. Nike may very well get a lesson in Profit and Loss with theirs. Under Armour has been beating their ass for a decade, taking profits. Is CK the answer to Under Armour? How does Colin Kaepernick help them out? We shall see how it plays.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other popular brands owned by Nike are Converse and Hurley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nike_brands

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JJR it will show up as long as they keep breeding .its in there blood

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Hatari: I do NOT know what the meaning of the longest word in the English language is ("antidisestablishmentarianism"- sp?) but I think a high percentage of todays younger people are being bred and educated for reasons of anti-establishment politics!
When I was a young man if any commercial product had hired an anti-American spokesperson to sell their product that product/company would have failed miserably.
Today is a different time.
The audacity of Nike to try to use this scoundrel as the face for their products advertising, in my mind, is just assinine and irresponsible - but I am not much of a business adviser.
I fear for the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Simm: Hi, my name is Simm. How may I help you?
Roy: Colin paperback is gonna be the new face of you guys now.
Simm: There's no confirmation for it yet.
Simm: But what I can tell you is that we support athletes and their right to freedom of expression on issues that are of great importance to our society.
Roy: Word will spread about your companies relationship with Colin kapernick. I know nike products will not be purchased in my family ever again.
Simm: I'll make sure your feedback will reach our team.

Simm terminated chat on me

Haha haha
Snowfakes......

Last edited by renegade50; 09/03/18.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
13% of the population and if you watch sports or regular network programming you would think they were more than 50% of our society..love the mortgage and high end car commercials or any commercials for that matter..50% black and with Spanish and indian and asain and anu other breed you can think of its 30%white.the usa I love and served and thankfully lived in was a true America..this far left low life scum and gutter trash will evenyually win sadly and America as we know it will bo gone..thankfully I will be long gone before the nationality of supposed human will be so diluted you will never know..just know when you come for my ample gun collection you will receive them muzzle 1st and flaming..thamk god for Ronnie Reagan and d trump who love the real America.f...k the scum left wing classless undignified trash.if they all died we would have a real country again.soory for the diatribe..but what the hell is wrong with these morons

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Just hopped on Nike's customer support Chat Line (below). Asked if it was true that Colin Kapernick was going to be the new spokesman for Nike's new ad campaign? Got an evasive answer and a strong impression that I was not the first person to raise this issue. Politely explained to the chat agent that if Nike engaged CK in a public ad campaign, all of my Nike branded gear would go in the trash. And that Nike would be dead to me just like the NFL has been for the past two years.

If you have an extra five minutes, rattle Nike's chain via the link below. The more negative hits they get regarding Crapperdick, the more likely they are to reconsider the ad campaign, or cut it short. Nike is all about the money. We have to provide strong clear feedback that any profit they make off the malcontent will be more than offset by the money they lose from real customers who buy sports gear for themselves, their kids, their grand kids.

Take five minutes to let Nike know that this choice will negatively impact their bottom line...

Nike Customer Support Chat Line

Make sure you do this. They replied to me that their management has chosen to make no further statements on this issue at this time. I advised them that I would make no further purchases pending a satisfactory answer.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by J23
I'm not a "Nike" kinda guy, but my daughter sure won't be getting anymore of their shoes or apparel.

Got two boy athletes, 9 and 11 that I will be buying their clothes for years to come. No more Nike. Easy.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The dove hunters?
smile

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Maryshell: Hi, my name is Maryshell. How may I help you?
Maryshell: Hi Roy glad to have you in chat.
Roy: Maryshell what type of name is that????
Maryshell: If you don’t have any specific questions about Nike, a Nike product, or Nike order, I will kindly need to close our chat/email so I can help other Consumers
Roy: Colin kapernick getting nike welfare job? What's up with that? You all know he has sex with gerbils right?
Maryshell: As it appears you don't have any questions about Nike, I'm going to end our chat/email. Thank you for contacting Nike.com and have a great day
Maryshell has disconnected.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by sloone
13% of the population and if you watch sports or regular network programming you would think they were more than 50% of our society..love the mortgage and high end car commercials or any commercials for that matter..50% black and with Spanish and indian and asain and anu other breed you can think of its 30%white.the usa I love and served and thankfully lived in was a true America..this far left low life scum and gutter trash will evenyually win sadly and America as we know it will bo gone..thankfully I will be long gone before the nationality of supposed human will be so diluted you will never know..just know when you come for my ample gun collection you will receive them muzzle 1st and flaming..thamk god for Ronnie Reagan and d trump who love the real America.f...k the scum left wing classless undignified trash.if they all died we would have a real country again.soory for the diatribe..but what the hell is wrong with these morons

You just described to a fine point how the average British man felt back in the mid 1990’s. Look where that went.

Past, most often, becomes prologue.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (17Hunter, 1OntarioJim, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 27 invisible), 1,322 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,983
Posts18,520,002
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.