Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Elkslayer91,

You barely dignify a response to any of your crap.

But, I know a lot of elk hunters, very good elk hunters and I don't know a single one that would give the advice to use a 350 yard zero to a new hunter.

Further, not a single one I know ever used a 350 yard zero.

Keep up the argument scooter...you're doing awesome.

Oh, and as far as shooting elk, yeah, I don't discriminate much when I feel like killing one. With 3 tags a year, just in Wyoming, with an elk herd over objective, I see no reason to not shoot some cows and younger bulls. Harvest should be distributed across the age classes, not concentrated on mature bulls only.

Oh, and as far as shooting old bulls, I shoot those too:

This one I didn't have to use a 350 yard zero or twist turrets...held the 30 yard pin right on. IRRC, he was 9.5 years old, over 370 gross:

[Linked Image]

This one was 10.5 years old:

[Linked Image]

This one was 8.5:

[Linked Image]

These were all 5.5-7.5:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All shot on public land, DIY, not on a "ranch".

Oh, and plenty more pictures where those came from...

I hate you so bad sometimes.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow BuzzH. Fantastic bulls. Thanks for the pics.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Guess again callnum.

After hunting big game for 46 years now, and having another 150 hunters in camp primarily for deer, antelope, and aoudad, I've actually seen most every kind of impact imaginable. The last "no man's land" impact happened to a nice guy from Illinois who was out here hunting aoudad. He brought a 300 Weatherby, and drilled a big ram high behind the shoulder at a distance of less than 200 yards. The ram dropped like a sack of rocks, and we watched for at least a couple of minutes, then commenced giving high fives. I told him to make his way over to the ram while I watched from where he had shot. He didn't take more that 10 steps when the big ram got to his feet and scrambled off before the hunter could get another shot off. We crossed the narrow canyon, got to where the ram was laying, found a little blood, not a lot, followed along a while, and never saw the ram again.

JG,

There is no “void”, “no mans land”, etc. between the spine and lungs. The spine comes down into the chest cavity, and when the lungs aren’t attached to the chest wall at the top it’s called a pneumothorax, and it’s lethal.
The lungs are attached to the chest wall- bottom to top, on all sides- by a mucus like membrane called the pleura. The lungs come up and slightly above the spine -as viewed form the side. In other words to hit the bottom edge of the spine, you also hit the very top of the lungs.

What people- all people- that thinks they hit in no mans land actually did is hit above the spine, nicking one of the spinous processes. The spine falls pretty deep into the chest, and what we see on the outside as the “spine” is actually the spinal processes.

Again- medically, there is no gap between lungs and spine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Formid, on an aoudad sheep? I'm sure you well know African animals vitals are further forward. Possibly the impacts were a bit further back than they should have been, but I can assure you the arrow hanging out the off side of that one particular ram wasn't above the spine. It almost exited and was very clear and easy to see.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/04/18.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good stuff here.
I like this part about where if you are taking a long shot you have no time for a scope adjustment ... however you DO have time to count 'horns'.
Now, is a 'horn' a point on an antler or do ranch elk have 'horns'?

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
You don't have that time to "check and click click'ing" when they are 300-500 yards across a small valley walking through openings on the opposite ridge from you...I guarantee you. I can put you in places where you'd miss the Bull of a lifetime if you had to go through the regiment you just described.

While you are check and click click'ing, a man with a 350 yd zero rifle is putting the crosshairs on the boiler room and pulling the trigger. By the time you get through check and click click'ing, that Bull just might have walked behind trees in a heavy covered area on the side of that ridge, and you can't/won't see him walking off through the trees...never to be seen again during your hunt.

I know of what I'm talking about. I hunt a ranch as I just described. There's a reason you count horns with your scope in certain hunting environments.

I think Country_20boy got his money's worth of free advice.
Most of us mountain states cupcakes still actually use a rangefinder, we haven't mastered that 350 yd zero thing, and most of us have only killed a dozen or few dozen elk.
Heck, most of us probably don't even hold out for that 300+ score bull.
If ElkSlayer91 hadn't chimed in you would be picking up all these bad habits.
And as a bonus we all learned the real reason for blaze orange and that Colorado would go broke if it were not for Texas.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The "real reason for blaze orange??" I must've missed it, please enlighten me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by country_20boy
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Elkslayer91,

You barely dignify a response to any of your crap.

But, I know a lot of elk hunters, very good elk hunters and I don't know a single one that would give the advice to use a 350 yard zero to a new hunter.

Further, not a single one I know ever used a 350 yard zero.

Keep up the argument scooter...you're doing awesome.

Oh, and as far as shooting elk, yeah, I don't discriminate much when I feel like killing one. With 3 tags a year, just in Wyoming, with an elk herd over objective, I see no reason to not shoot some cows and younger bulls. Harvest should be distributed across the age classes, not concentrated on mature bulls only.

Oh, and as far as shooting old bulls, I shoot those too:

This one I didn't have to use a 350 yard zero or twist turrets...held the 30 yard pin right on. IRRC, he was 9.5 years old, over 370 gross:

[Linked Image]

This one was 10.5 years old:

[Linked Image]

This one was 8.5:

[Linked Image]

These were all 5.5-7.5:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All shot on public land, DIY, not on a "ranch".

Oh, and plenty more pictures where those came from...

I'd give my left pinky toe to tag along and learn from someone like you........Let me know if you ever need an extra hand.

No kidding!! Heck I'd love to tag along on one of Buzz's cow elk hunts - I'd even bring my 7MM-08 along
grin

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Wow. You've just revolutionized long range shooting, right before our eyes. You're a genius, obviously the smartest guy in the room.

Either that or an idiot.
Unfortunately, they closed the insane asylums several decades back where, in the past, you could have received some treatments, and been kept from procreating.

It is readily apparent you were inflicted with S.L.I.Q. Syndrome™ * in the womb, being throughout this whole thread you, or anybody on this thread, have not been able to quote any specific area of what I wrote and refute it with “facts”.

You should heed the advice of your own signature to keep from making yourself a laughing stock of the internet.

* Super Low Intelligent Quotient Syndrome

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wish I had a dollar for every Texan who thought he was an expert at hunting elk. All that 'sperience' locally, I suppose.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Brad
A 27 year old from Texas lecturing on Elk Hunting... doesn't get more impressive than that smile

Originally Posted by Brad
Elkslayer91... I’m guessing born in 1991.

Above is the problem with these forums. You have people incapable of discussing a topic with facts to refute what was written, so they post the drivel above to impress others, who are also incapable of discussing a topic or refuting it with facts.

How sad.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Shag
My favorite part is him sighting in his rifle 6" high at 100yds for a 200yd zero and holding dead on an elk from 400-500yds. too funny...

Here's another one.

He can't even comprehend what was stated.

It was a 350 yrd zero, and holding dead on at 400-500 was never said.

How sad.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Above is the problem with these forums. You have people incapable of discussing a topic with facts to refute what was written, so they post the drivel above to impress others, who are also incapable of discussing a topic or refuting it with facts.

How sad.

So you’re 26, not 27?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Thank you for coming back...You’re really smart 🤓😎

Here's another one incapable of refuting what was said with facts.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I’ve not known battue to embarrass himself.

Nope

DF

X5

X6.

This one is absolutely hilarious.

Battue came back, and even admitted he did not know anything about long distance shooting, after he humiliated himself not understanding when glassing from midway up a ridge to the opposing ridge across from a person, above a valley floor, 300-400 feet below oneself, there aren't any trees blocking your view.

And his fan club comes, and falls to their knees to protect him claiming he didn't embarrass himself.

LMAO.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 09/04/18.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Dang BuzzH, those all look like they belong in a museum. The third one, the 8.5-yr-old has some of the most handsome horns I ever have seen, even if it wasn't the biggest of the bunch. On the first one, are you saying it was a 30-yd shot? Was it facing away? Is the hole an entrance or exit? Just wondering about what shot placement worked so well and the rearward hole. Whatever you're doing, especially finding those guys on public land and putting them in your sights, works well. I'm jealous.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Why do you care so much about what other people think of you?

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”
And another who's narcissism is driving him crazy because I have not replied back to him;

Notice, he too is incapable of quoting and refuting any part of what I wrote with facts.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
While ignoring Elkslayer91’s nonsense,

People have been placing their aim point on different locations of an animal's body for decades to allow for the bullet trajectory to arrive in the center of the kill zone.

Ever heard about placing an open sighted rifle at 6 O'clock on the target, and adjusting for the POI to be 10 ring?

Ever heard of an archer putting the pin on a deer's belly to compensate for the animal squatting, and therefore allowing the arrow to hit in the center of the kill zone.

Your post is nonsense.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

, shooting through a very small opening in heavy cover. That right there is why hunters are required to wear orange…to hopefully not get shot by someone who can not see their target or what is behind it.

Who knew?

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, wat a tool. I responded to your posts because they were bad advice for a new elk hunter. I just hate to see that kind of BS go unchallemged.

You should be asking questions, not giving advice.

You have refused to quote any part of that article, which specifically detailed what I was talking about, and refute it, with written detailed facts.

Anybody can go back, and scan this whole thread, and see every single one of your posts are filled with just vague generalities in your attempt to make yourself look knowledgeable.

You'd be better off spending your time applying for a Walmart Greeter's position, instead of all of the time you've wasted here, being 12 years later, and you haven't learned anything. At least at Walmart, you'd have earned some money, and wouldn't be just another broke dic on the internet trying to be a big shot.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ES91 is the glockdoofus of the 7/08 thread.......

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, 6 invisible), 1,343 guests, and 672 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,519
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.