-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Engraving but no other marks. All script is on the barrel.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
spent a summer shooting 13 stripe ground squirrels with Colibre on a big baseball field with an animal control officer, we were ordering 5K at a time and sweeping empties out of the truck at lunch

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by blanket
spent a summer shooting 13 stripe ground squirrels with Colibre on a big baseball field with an animal control officer, we were ordering 5K at a time and sweeping empties out of the truck at lunch

One of the less lucky species of vermin...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL! Guessing that's true. LOLOL

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by shoot4fun

Hilarious!!! And the sound effects are spot on!

Try this video, I'm amazed that squirrel held on as long as it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDa_cpgHWs

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If I were an "urbanite", which I have become due to local [bleep] lining their nest, I would suggest a Benji Marauder in 25 cal..

Multiple whacks and a 5 gallon of pure Pb and a mould, it's cousin Eddy's gift....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

was a chitload of fun

DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm ordering one of those Yankee Flippers... Gotta be worth the money in Laff's alone.

11K views. Maybe I can get my money back by monetizing a youtube video.....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.25 Marauder will indeed whack em dead. But in an "urban" environment, you really are shooting the equivalent of a .22 CB round. The aerodynamics aren't as good, but still, maybe a bit much unless your backstop is literally bulletproof.

As Boxer/BigStick said, there is nothing like a FWB 300S. But you're trading power for pinpoint accuracy. I've heart shot squirrels with the .25 Marauder and they just fall out of the tree. Not as likely to happen with the target .177. Figure on head shots only. I've seen them from $3-400 right now, depending on condition.

I've got a .177 Marauder for avian pests, and it makes the .25 Marauder sound positively loud in comparison. And the .25 is anything but truly loud. Accuracy not quite like the 300S, but still quite good, and with heavier pellets, about double the energy.

But the .22 Marauder "pistol" might very well be the best of the lot. About the right amount of power, and in a nice compact package. Do a little hand pumping and get some exercise before you shoot. This is purely anecdotal on my part though. While I own the first three pellet rifles, I do not own the Marauder pistol.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Walmart had the .22 Benjamin's on clearance and I picked one up. Seems pretty good for $54

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I just wanna kill a few grouse in front of my new-used, gun-shy dog. She will get it I think. Then we'll work up to .22, and 20 ga next year.

Now if the damn USPS will stop sending it back to Midway for "insufficient address" (same one I've had for 22 years), we are good to go - as long as it comes in tomorrow, as we are heading for the remote (buku grouse!) cabin on Tuesday.

Back up plan is to borrow a friend's Sheriden when we hit Fairbanks.

Honey Half-Lab is on her own if we see a bull moose.... or geese... smile

Last edited by las; 09/09/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Casting 22 airguns sucks ass.

25's, no matter the output, gets you miles with a bucket of lead. At the furnace, checkbook or at impact....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not try rat shot.

Ever once in a while you can find a .22 smooth bore (no rifling) commonly called a Garden gun. It was made for .22shot shells for birds and snakes.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kellory

Ever once in a while you can find a .22 smooth bore (no rifling) commonly called a Garden gun. It was made for .22shot shells for birds and snakes.

Thanks. Didn't know that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DMc
I'm really liking the rat shot idea and am going to give it a pop.

No way I'm sending a 50 cal projectile off into the wild blue yonder in a suburban neighborhood. Phugh that.

But I'm definitely going to get a pellet rifle to have here for my Grandson.. I'm preparing my "Put your eye out" speech as of this writing...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_RWS_54_Air_King/398

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Gamo Tac with the whisper barrel - pretty good. However, the rating is 1200 fps but that's with a very lightweight pellet that will get pushed from a mosquito flying around from the next block. The 10.5 grain pellet I use brings it down to just under 700 fps.

But most scopes that come with them are crap. For under $70 you can get a Hammers 3-9x40mm scope with an AO. The rings should have a base with a pin that gets trapped in the rail slot to keep it from moving. And you must use a scope that's a springer specific or the pounding will ruin a traditional scope. Good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory

Thanks. Didn't know that.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722313

https://youtu.be/oDQwMRz8ago

https://youtu.be/ho-YEToMo60

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"I'll need a scope, my eyes aren't what they used to be. Cataract surgery is scheduled for Tuesday."

You'll not need the scope then. The sights on the venerable Daisy 880 are plenty good enough for squirrels.
And rats, and Cuban Frogs, and Coral Snakes and Cottonmouths. And anything else I take a disliking to

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I was at deer lease in the late 70’s. A guy shot his wife in the ass with a pellet gun. She called him names I had never heard before. He was drunk of course.

DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
I was at deer lease in the late 70’s. A guy shot his wife in the ass with a pellet gun. She called him names I had never heard before. He was drunk of course.

Better than the "eye".

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,705
Posts18,494,387
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.