Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I see alot of these advertised on various forums. I assume Meopta made them for Cabelas - what are the equivalent Meopta products?

For reference, I've been looking at the B1 series to replace my Minox.

Thanks.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabela’s Instict Euro HD = Meopta Meostar B1

(Not my pic)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
They are awesome optics however I will not buy any more “Cabelas” branded optics since bass pro is not honoring the “cabelas legendary lifetime warranty. Cabela branded optics are essentially disposable now if something goes wrong.

This will/has killed the resell of cabelas branded optics.

I’d pay more for the Meopta w/out cabelas name on it b/c Meopta has great customer service.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wesley2
They are awesome optics however I will not buy any more “Cabelas” branded optics since bass pro is not honoring the “cabelas legendary lifetime warranty. Cabela branded optics are essentially disposable now if something goes wrong.

I’d pay more for the Meopta w/out cabelas name on it b/c Meopta has great customer service.

This^^^^^^

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

That said I bet Meopta still works on it .

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good thought on Cabelas vs Meopta.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's interesting info. Yeah, that certainly won't help sales any either.
Leave it to Bass Pro to take away yet another thing that made Cabelas Cabelas.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
from what i have seen you can by the meopta branded ones cheaper from Doug anyways....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Went to Cabela's here on Friday. First time in there in almost a year.

Danged depressing. You could tell they were spacing things out to make the store look full. Aisle were wide enough for an F250, shelves were pretty thin with product. Bargain Cave done away with it seems as well.

Wasn't a good sight.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Do you have a source for this change in policy.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gene270
from what i have seen you can by the meopta branded ones cheaper from Doug anyways....

It's always our pleasure to work with the members here smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I thought the same thing but that's not what happened in my case. I bought a heavily used pair of Euros that fogged up on the inside about the third time I used them. I'm nowheres near a Cabela's so I just called Meopta. Although very polite about it, the lady told me that I would have to go through Cabela's. I even offered to pay for the service and she told me it would be too costly as they would be shipped overseas for repair. This was awhile back but I just stick with the Meopta lines now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

I thought the same thing but that's not what happened in my case. I bought a heavily used pair of Euros that fogged up on the inside about the third time I used them. I'm nowheres near a Cabela's so I just called Meopta. Although very polite about it, the lady told me that I would have to go through Cabela's. I even offered to pay for the service and she told me it would be too costly as they would be shipped overseas for repair. This was awhile back but I just stick with the Meopta lines now.

Good to know, thanks for posting that info.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gene270

Agree. Bought a 12x50 Meostar from Doug last week - much less than Cabela's Euro HD. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kingston

The two employees I talked to in the Huntsville AL Cabelas last week. One guy was a seasoned employee and wasn’t happy about it either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The two employees I talked to in the Huntsville AL Cabelas last week. One guy was a seasoned employee and wasn’t happy about it either.

According to the website Cabela’s branded products are covered with Cabela’s Lifetime Guarantee.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

According to the website Cabela’s branded products are covered with Cabela’s Lifetime Guarantee.

[Linked Image]

confused Seriously?? I hope you are correct but I believe that was only true up until the point they were purchased by bass pro and bass pro decided not to honor “Cabelas Legendary Guarantee”. Why would basspro honor their guarantee? It wouldn’t be a wise financial move one their part. Show me where Johnny Morris says he’ll honor cabelas lifetime warranty and I’ll believe it.

Why would bass pro change “cabelas” webpage when they are still trying to liquidate cabelas merchandise that some will purchase slowly b/c they think they have a lifetime warranty with the product.

All I know for sure is what a seasoned employee told me at the store.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

I have some recent experience with Meopta service, I was treated well, but they do not do any repair in the USA, they
are all sent back to Europe.

Cablea's in any case has not offered a transferable warranty on their binoculars, so you are out on that count anyway.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had issues with Meopta scopes and they, along with Doug, provided excellent service. I’d go with them vice rolling the dice with what is left of Cabelas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see no reason to shop Cabelas anymore

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.