[Linked Image]

Ooooh. Belong to anyone we know here?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Fubarski
"Federal prosecutors in New York are weighing criminal charges against former Obama White House counsel Greg Craig as part of an investigation into whether he failed to register as a foreign agent in a probe that is linked to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, according to sources familiar with the matter.

In addition, these sources said, prosecutors in the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York are considering taking action against powerhouse law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where Craig was a partner during the activity under examination. Prosecutors are considering a civil settlement with the firm or a deferred prosecution agreement with Skadden, these sources said."

From CNN, no less.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/14/poli...nt-registration-investigation/index.html

If Greg Craig (and anyone else) acted as a foreign agent and didn't register as such, they SHOULD be charged and prosecuted.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Manafort is going to flip. Flip 4 houses worth 16 mil to the feds as part of the plea deal.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by djs

Mueller's sole job is to find out what happened (with regards to Russian collusion) and follow all trails regardless of where they may lead.

This is not accurate. If you read the document by Rod Rosenstein that sets the parameters for the Mueller investigation it says that Mueller is to investigate any possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign and any related matters. It says nothing about investigating collusion by anyone outside the Trump campaign. Thus, Mueller is not empowered to investigate the Clinton campaign, DNC or others that worked with Russian sources to get dirt on Trump. Ol' Rod was pretty slick in the way he set this up.

You will note that the Rosenstein letter also directs the special Prosecutor's office to investigate "any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)".

28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a) (reference attached) states, in part:

a. "The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

b. "If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere. "

With the recusal of the AG, the Deputy AG is ultimately responsible, so I believe that Mueller does have the power to investigate anyone outside the Trump Campaign. Of course, if there is a real issue with this, the US supreme court is always available.

see: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.4

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by djs

Mueller's sole job is to find out what happened (with regards to Russian collusion) and follow all trails regardless of where they may lead.

This is not accurate. If you read the document by Rod Rosenstein that sets the parameters for the Mueller investigation it says that Mueller is to investigate any possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign and any related matters. It says nothing about investigating collusion by anyone outside the Trump campaign. Thus, Mueller is not empowered to investigate the Clinton campaign, DNC or others that worked with Russian sources to get dirt on Trump. Ol' Rod was pretty slick in the way he set this up.

You will note that the Rosenstein letter also directs the special Prosecutor's office to investigate "any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)".

Why is there even an investigation??? Because of bogus misinformation submitted to the FBI VIA the DNC and the media, which was fed the information by the FBI in order to obtain a FISA warrant....kinda crazy huh???....if the left is gonna condone this type of schitt, is it going to be ok for Trump to set up his own deep state??? Are you guys sure you wanna play this game with a guy like Trump??? Payback is a bitch and don't start crying when he starts shoving it up your backside without so much as a kiss...

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Northman
Living in conservative land, with only their "true news" sure keeps catching guys here off guard...

Almost every single person Trump hired to help him win the election are now cooperating with Mueller.
Almost every single high ranking person in the Trump Org, that knows his financials and legal dealings are now cooperating with Mueller.

But, you guys keep your eyes and ears shuts, and keep screaming that the life long Democrat, Trump, is now the perfect Republican President that will right the US ship.
Sure helps he was the original Birther...

The food chain is growing shorter. Usually, bigger fish eat smaller fish, but in this case it seems the smaller fish are gobbling upward in the food chain.

I do wonder/when others in the June 2016 meeting with the Russians might be charged. We know the Trump Jr. originally stated the meeting was about adoption and later changed to "getting dirt on Hillary Clinton. If any of this (or other statements/actions) were given under oath, perjury charges might be in order.

see: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/06/us/politics/trump-tower-russia-meeting.html

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Kavanaugh moving forward.

LMAO. That has you gkhunts spinning circles and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Manafort didn't lightly go into plea deal knowing that he was admitting guilt to not only the two charges he pleaded guilty today but also to the other 5, and the other 10 that had a hung jury of 1 in his last trial. Not to mention turning over his ill gotten gains from those charges consisting of 6 properties and funds remaining in numerous bank accounts all toll amounting to more than 49 million in seized assets with the guilty plea. Basically lifetime probation and unlimited corporation anytime requested and he even gave up the right to have his attorneys present.

Phil

Illegal immigrants getting rounded up and deported by the thousands.

And there's NOTHING you can do about it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by djs

OK, "One guy got two weeks in the Pokie, the other guy went down for tax evasion none of it had anything to do with trump lol.."

But, in order to plea and get reduced sentences, they had to have information that was of interest to the Special Prosecutor's Office or else, he would not have agreed to a plea bargain. Keep in mind, that Mueller's charge was to "investigate any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation", etc.
see: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...bert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html

Before Mueller would agree to a plea bargain, he needs to be assured that the "flipper" has information that is useful to the investigation and that it is verified. Mueller is following all trails and bread crumbs to the end of the trail.

And, we don't know what Mueller has on Trump, his sons or the campaign - yet.

SCOTUS pick #3 gonna happen right after Ginsburg falls face first into a vegan sandwich.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
gayghost is having nightmares about skinheads lacing up their Doc Marten Stompers, aint a damn thing he can do about that either.

Trump Won!
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by djs

OK, "One guy got two weeks in the Pokie, the other guy went down for tax evasion none of it had anything to do with trump lol.."

But, in order to plea and get reduced sentences, they had to have information that was of interest to the Special Prosecutor's Office or else, he would not have agreed to a plea bargain. Keep in mind, that Mueller's charge was to "investigate any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation", etc.
see: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...bert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html

Before Mueller would agree to a plea bargain, he needs to be assured that the "flipper" has information that is useful to the investigation and that it is verified. Mueller is following all trails and bread crumbs to the end of the trail.

And, we don't know what Mueller has on Trump, his sons or the campaign - yet.

SCOTUS pick #3 gonna happen right after Ginsburg falls face first into a vegan sandwich.

LMAO

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I think if it gets bad enough Democrats can also take back the Senate. This steady stream of bad news and the tightening noose around the Dumbster is eroding support among people who have a brain. Read: Not you guys.

I think Kavanaugh will be confirmed. Even if both Collins and Murkowski vote no, that will only create a tie that Pence will break. The Republican party will pay a huge price if Roe is overturned, though. The arc of history will not be denied. Progress, not regression, will win out. Of course, if Trump, et al, is found to have conspired with foreign adversaries to win the electoral college, then his entire presidency and all his actions should be ruled invalid. That would be fitting, his entire life has been invalid.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by djs
Living in conservative land, with only their "true news" sure keeps catching guys here off guard...

Almost every single person Trump hired to help him win the election are now cooperating with Mueller.
Almost every single high ranking person in the Trump Org, that knows his financials and legal dealings are now cooperating with Mueller.

But, you guys keep your eyes and ears shuts, and keep screaming that the life long Democrat, Trump, is now the perfect Republican President that will right the US ship.

The food chain is growing shorter. Usually, bigger fish eat smaller fish, but in this case it seems the smaller fish are gobbling upward in the food chain.

I do wonder/when others in the June 2016 meeting with the Russians might be charged. We know the Trump Jr. originally stated the meeting was about adoption and later changed to "getting dirt on Hillary Clinton. If any of this (or other statements/actions) were given under oath, perjury charges might be in order.

see: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/06/us/politics/trump-tower-russia-meeting.html

I would like to see it all come out.Russian woman was in this country by special permission from Loretta Lynch. Russian woman leaves Fusion GPS office to have meeting with Jr. then returns to Fusion GPS.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Paddler
I think if it gets bad enough Democrats can also take back the Senate. This steady stream of bad news and the tightening noose around the Dumbster is eroding support among people who have a brain. Read: Not you guys.

I think Kavanaugh will be confirmed. Even if both Collins and Murkowski vote no, that will only create a tie that Pence will break. The Republican party will pay a huge price if Roe is overturned, though. The arc of history will not be denied. Progress, not regression, will win out. Of course, if Trump, et al, is found to have conspired with foreign adversaries to win the electoral college, then his entire presidency and all his actions should be ruled invalid. That would be fitting, his entire life has been invalid.

Bad enough how, that there may just be more lefty morons out there than even we thought?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Paddler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij6mzMi8LJ8

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by djs

Why you braindeads think the Times is a credible news source is beyond me. The 2016 meeting ended up being a plea for the Trump administration to ease the Magnitsky Act which keeps the Rusky Oligarchs from doing business in the United States. The Russians retaliated by not allowing Russian kids to be adopted in the United States. So in effect it was about adoption. If you would actually do some research instead of idiotically parroting the Borg propaganda you might learn something. Oh but is it possible for a moron to learn something?

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

A true democrat would be far better than the far left communist party the DNC is building. Stop taking your stupid pills and pay attention!

Dog I rescued in January

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
All the Manafort deal means is that Mueller has no intention of stopping the witch hunt until he and the swamp take Trump down.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Too late, the three c's have claimed another demoturd, 'cranial, corrosive, conductibility' crazy they're forever lost in the stupid.

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by rickt300

Why you braindeads think the Times is a credible news source is beyond me. The 2016 meeting ended up being a plea for the Trump administration to ease the Magnitsky Act which keeps the Rusky Oligarchs from doing business in the United States. The Russians retaliated by not allowing Russian kids to be adopted in the United States. So in effect it was about adoption. If you would actually do some research instead of idiotically parroting the Borg propaganda you might learn something. Oh but is it possible for a moron to learn something?

Apparently not. The BS that the meeting was about adoptions was shown to be false long ago, moron.

Last edited by Paddler; 09/15/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,067 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,064
Posts18,501,348
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.