Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
As would I. My rule is always use 210s with charges below 80grs and it's always seems to tighten up my groups. I'll have to see that the old Weatherby Guide says. They have some pretty good loads in there, including a "factory equivalent load", keeping in mind the last Guide published was in 1985.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
HR IC

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You gonna like that one.

Keep us posted.

DF

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
FYI, both Nosler and Weatherby Guides call for 215s, but I'm going to try both.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Yep.

It depends on the powder.

DF

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Jorge, I am super glad you are pleased with the new rifle. I hope it shoots for you as well as you say it looks. The last time I looked at a 240 was in '79 and, of course, it was on the 9 lug magnum action. I passed it over in favor of the Varmintmaster 26 inch in 22-250. Your newer 6 lug action would be much more balanced and desirable to me for a relatively small cartridge like the 240.

My answer to the need for a high speed six is a SA Rem 700 243 rechambered to 6mm-284. I use 240 loading data as a guide and work from there.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm just a rifle nut. Hell just a few months ago I picked up an unfired Browning (Sako) Safari in 243... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I have a Mk V and it loves Nosler 100 partition at a little over 3300 fps.

Sure the cases cost more than your plain Jane cartridges

My .240 HS Precision SPL also loves the 100 NPT and over MRP, half MOA at 400 yds. In fact the NPT is the best shooting bullet in that gun, and I tried a bunch. I haven't tried RL-26 yet, may need to check it out. Speed may be a bit more; it'll have to be pretty good to beat MRP accuracy. MRP is pretty close to RL-22, some say it's the same powder. So, RL-23 may also be one to try.

.240 cases don't have to cost more. Roll your own using 25-06 brass and a CH4D belt forming die.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W/W on L, Wby on R, can't tell the difference. Neck is fully formed after firing. Performance is the same, W/W primer pockets are said to last longer than Wby/Norma. Brass may be harder.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I learned something today. Thanks for sharing.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Glad you picked it up, Jorge. I'd like to make a test run with the cartridge too, but due to budgetary constraints, I was thinking of doing it with a Vanguard. Regardless, I think it would make a terrific whitetail cartridge.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I'm just a rifle nut. Hell just a few months ago I picked up an unfired Browning (Sako) Safari in 243... smile

Shrapnel must have let that one slip thru his fingers... wink

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I almost owned one once...…..

Went to the LGS to buy one then discovered that 25-Oh6 ballistics are within one of them little hairs of .240 Bee ballistics to 600-700 yards. At the time, the $$ was an issue. So I bought a 6-lug 25-Oh6. The platform is INCREDIBLE !!! Super light, exquisitely balanced and is a .5"-.6" shooter with no special load development in particular.

You're going to be more pleased in the future than you are today.

Last edited by Yoder409; 09/17/18.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fotis
Love mine

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fotis. what primer, F-215s? I went ahead and picked it up for a good price. Very nice rifle, LIGHT! nice wood and matte finish bluing.

Fed 215 match

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I have an 80's vintage Weatherby guide stashed somewhere. What vintage is yours?

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman

I have an 80's vintage Weatherby guide stashed somewhere. What vintage is yours?

I have about six of them, ranging from 1957, to it's last year of publication, 1985

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Mine may be that last one. The owner of the gun shop where I worked at that time gave it to me.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish they'd bring them back. The reloading section is pretty good, especially their "factory equivalent loads" seem to be spot on in the calibers I tried. Great pictures too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Schit action,schit chambering and schit brass. The dumber of a fhuqk or Texan that you are,the "better" they are...as this Thread and all others attest. Congratulations?!?

100 NPT's are HILARIOUSLY horrid to boot. Hint.

I "prolly" shoot 6-284's also and a High RPM Six Twat-Six Montucky,wearing a Brux. A Seex Kreedmire will reliably slap THE fhuqk outta a 240 Japperby and make it look easy,mainly because it is. Boolits still matter farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmore,than headstamps. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Mebbe even a few others,in the bore size. All of which,will fhuqking CRUSH a 240 Japperby. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Seex Kreedmire and now you can say you've "seen" one. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

If only Peterson made 240 Japperby brass. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

I'll not even mention a 224 Kreedmire and 88's wearing a .545BC at 3250fps and 100+++ MOA available on an erector...because it'd be Sensory Overload. Ooops! Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

A "lowly" 20" Seex Grendel Krunchenticker will reliably CRUSH a 240 Japperby. Easy for me to say,if only because I shoot 'em all and then some. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I do very much enjoy the Couchbound Chronicles and Whore Hey's innate ability,to schlep STUPID,to places it's never been before.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!

Let's hope she doesn't "forget" about her Imaginary Pretend Ignore and yet again quantifies,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that she is also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!!!!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A revelation! EVERYTHING BS uses is the BEST and everything I use is the WORST

Last edited by jorgeI; 09/18/18.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I see the father/husband of the year has decided to join the fray.

HINT: i know it's clearly evident his genes swim at the oxygen starved shallow end of the gene (stature) pool, after all these years he still fails to grasp he is on IGNORE UNTIL he addresses me personally (you know, like now)... The dumbass is strong with this one and of course only serves to reinforce I've made the right call...

Jorge, are you paying the midget rent for living in his head?

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Paying of course, about the same rate as my lawn people...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW...........A crash course in post-lobotomy critical thinking........and all for free !!!

What's that gene pool filled with ??? Bile ?? Vitriol ?? Or just plain old piss ???

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.