Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together-faqs

Says they will still honor the Cabelas lifetime warranties.

David

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The only reason I even brought this up, i saw a 10x42 Cabelas for $400. They're gone now but thought I might roll the dice at that price. Otherwise I deal with Doug. I haven't bought binoculars from anywhere else since he came to the Fire years ago. He's great to deal with.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
First i am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that we ( I have two pair of Cabelas instinct binoculars) signed a deal with Cabelas when we bought the binoculars. Just because there is a change in ownership doesn't change the fact there is an agreement between the buyer (me) and seller (cabelas) of their binoculars. As long as they are operating as Cabelas I believe they have an obligation to honour their warranty. When the ownership of other corporations changes it does not change the relationship of the acquired corporation with their clients. Its often called goodwill and the buyer ofter pays a lot for it as I believe Basspro did. Let the flames begin.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^^This^^^^^

This mirrors my thinking.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just pulled the trigger on new binoculars and got a great deal on them from Doug at Camera Land! Big one day sale. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Kinston,

Just ask them and they will tell you. I found out about the new policy a few months after the merger. Sucks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Wesley2
They are awesome optics however I will not buy any more “Cabelas” branded optics since bass pro is not honoring the “cabelas legendary lifetime warranty. Cabela branded optics are essentially disposable now if something goes wrong.

This will/has killed the resell of cabelas branded optics.

I’d pay more for the Meopta w/out cabelas name on it b/c Meopta has great customer service.

Do you have a source for this change in policy.

The Customer Service desk!

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The people at the customer desk, usually know less than my dog would about the subject.

You would need to get this verified by someone at the company level.

So go ahead and do that and report back. The big question, is if they do a transferrable warranty.

There are not many optics sold by Cablea's that are made by Meopta, the others are made in China, from a multitude of
vendors.

Until then, the written warranty explained above applies.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Canazes9
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together-faqs

Says they will still honor the Cabelas lifetime warranties.

David

Again, says right in that link I previously posted Bass Pro WILL HONOR CABELAS LIFETIME WARRANTIES.

David

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (406_SBC, 14idaho, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 13 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.