I was gonna guess Matthew Muhonnahey.

LMFAO

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That girl in the video is barefooted, that's incredible in itself if you've ever walked in a freshly made hayfield.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy
That girl in the video is barefooted, that's incredible in itself if you've ever walked in a freshly made hayfield.

That model baler is loaded with incredible features.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I was gonna guess Matthew Muhonnahey.

LMFAO

Those are the funniest commercials of the last 2-3 years!

Jim, believe it or not they played that one on on the local radio here a week or two ago!

Gruff, heard you had some bear(raccoon?) trouble in the urban sprawl hen house. Time to swallow your pride and get Ace over there to show you how to homestead.

Last edited by SamOlson; 09/17/18.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We didn't have a fancy store bought rake so my brother and I raked leaves by hand.

I remember more than one year when the tractor would break down and instead of plowing we'd be out pulling weeds by hand. From sun up to sun down weeks at a time. Pull weeds until your hands bled.

Didn't have a baler so we'd make little hand tied bundles of weeds and stack them away for winter feed.

Pfffftttt.

Least you had a brother.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Geno,

A saw is a saw.

Unless you're one of those worker types.

Or perhaps unless it's a see-saw?

Or an old saw?

Enjoy the BB game. Wife's treat is the best way to go. She buyin' the hot dogs and beer?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We didn't have a fancy store bought rake so my brother and I raked leaves by hand.

I remember more than one year when the tractor would break down and instead of plowing we'd be out pulling weeds by hand. From sun up to sun down weeks at a time. Pull weeds until your hands bled.

Didn't have a baler so we'd make little hand tied bundles of weeds and stack them away for winter feed.

Worthless, lazy-assed dog!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Pffffftttt

Least she had feet.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Pffffftttt

Least she had feet

If'n she kin make bizkits, she be a keeper fer shore!

Geno

PS, she ain't too brite from my perspective. If'n she walked to the other side a thet feeld and pushed alla thet hay to the midle, she woodn't hef ta' tote it so fer t' the pickemup truk.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I lived in an outer borough of NYC until I was nine. Mom didn't drive so we had to take the bus to the subway station..................after walking 3 whole blocks to the bus stop. It sucked out there in the outer boroughs, we had to walk to the delicatessen, the bakery, church and school, on concrete sidewalks even. Rarely saw a cab out there. No elevator in our 3 story apartment building, just a dumb waiter (we couldn't even afford a smart one we were so poor and far away from civilization) The pizzas were OK, the Chinese food too................but not like in Manhattan or Chinatown. It was so hot and humid and we were so poor there was no A/C so we had to take light blankets down to the park along side the East River (do you KNOW what went into that river? Does seementa shoes mean anything to you? ) so we could get some sleep. We had a goodly number of kids in our family so we had to wear hand me downs and mom had to darn our socks and s**t we were so poor. I think I only had one suit for going to church in and it too was likely a threadbare hand me down.

I tell you, I was in high country heaven when we moved to the suburbs of San Diego CA. Ground squirrels, lizards, and even road runners on our retaining wall. A "ditch" out front the house, actually a creek that was kinda channelized, with crawdads, frogs (even African Clawed frogs), bats in the culverts so the roads could pass over, herons and egrets, barn owls in the palm trees. But we were still poor. I had to earn money to buy my own genuine Levis or mom and dad would buy us Penney's, or worse, K-Mart jeans. I went to parochial school thru 8th grade, but we got even poorer and my three younger siblings had to go to the Public Schools. I had to purchase my own 18 year old car with my own hard earned paper route money, and mean ol' dad made me pay for the insurance and everything too.

I realized I wanted to live in the "real country" on our first visit to "Uncle" Bill's place, about 35 miles out in the backcountry of San Diego county. (It's now a suburb) Commercial chicken barns across the road from his place, coyotes and raccoons and critters, tarantulas, horned toads. His was a three and half acre RANCH, or maybe it was a FARM. He had a Ford tractor, a water tank on top of the barn, fruit trees, vegetable garden, made his own adobe bricks, his kids raised pigs and calves and had ponies. We trapped rabbits in box traps (Still legal in San Diego county) or he shot them with an old single shot .410 with a big ol' 5 D cell flashlight taped on the barrel. We went up for a few weeks every summer, got dropped off to work on the FARM. I don't think Bill was as poor as we were though as there were only 4 kids and he was a Ma Bell lineman. Good money back then, His wife (who just passed, bless her soul) used to can and freeze veggies from the garden and fruit from the orchard. I thought that was the best.................no more Bird's Eye or Green Giant or overcooked Del Monte canned veggies while I up there for the summer. We could never convince mom to do the home canning thing, she had a deathly fear of the dreaded ptomaine which she thought came from home canned goods, as good NYC girls learned in their NYC school system Home Economics classes. Country folks got the ptomaine, Del Monte would never allow the ptomaine into their canned goods...........modern science and materials you know.

Now I live a 20 minute drive from the butter. If I forget it because it's not on the list when we're in town, we're SOL especially after 10PM as there's no 24 hr Safeway or Kroger's within a hundred miles. I tell you, this country livin' is tough.

But nowhere near as tough as those walks to the bus stops to get to the subway so I could go be on Romper Room WAY BACK in the dark ages of the 1950's.

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Pffffftttt

Least she had feet

Geno

PS, she ain't too brite from my perspective. If'n she walked to the other side a thet feeld and pushed alla thet hay to the midle, she woodn't hef ta' tote it so fer t' the pickemup truk.

GPS and Autopilot aren’t available on this model.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To All,

Her bare feet tell me that she isn't really in a new-mown hayfield, as I've NEVER seen a new-mown field that didn't have numerous venomous snakes, who would happily bite her feet/legs.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Pffffftttt

Least she had feet

Geno

GPS and Autopilot aren’t available on this model.

Still, she looked like she might ride real nice.

All that pushin' and liftin' on that fork makes for good core muscles!

Geno

In it is contentment

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That model baler is loaded with incredible features.

I noticed that mah-self.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could watch her work all day!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes sir no sir . Yes mam no Mam .

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Schit no....all it does now is rain.....now that my wheat crop is ready to cut.

I am starting to think the Jeebus dont like me.

You seriously haven't cut wheat yet? Wheat has been off around here for close to a month now. Soybeans are coming off now.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Like it or not, things change. I graduated in 1980. Dad was a carpenter by trade, and while he was an excellent tradesman, work wasn't always good. We lived outside of Youngstown, Ohio, and the steel industry down there was on it's last legs as mills closed up one after another. If I wanted money for anything, I had to earn it on my own, as Mom and Dad struggled just to keep the bills paid and food on the table. From the time I was 10 years old I worked to earn money for my self and to help the family. We raked leaves, shoveled snow, and did whatever else we could scrape up through the neighbors. I ran a trap line, even at that young age. My brother would set the traps at home, as I wasn't strong enough to set a 110 Connibear, or a 1 1/2 longspring yet. He'd wire the jaws open and once I had the trap set, I'd cut the wires. We were doing stuff to earn money all the time, and if we weren't doing that we were hunting or fishing to put meat on the table. While the other kids were out running around having fun, I was filleting crappies, or skinning squirrels. We used to save up our squirrel tails and sell them to Mepps every couple years.

I don't know that many kids come up this way any more. When you are doing this mainly for the good of the whole family, it takes on a different kind of significance. We never had much, but we never went hungry, and Mom and Dad always managed to make the house payment. I well remember the mortgage burning. That was a big day for Mom and Dad.

Nowadays, its seems like all the kids focus on is their "need" to have the latest cell phone or gaming system. My how times have changed.

I'd like to know how somebody incapable of setting a 110 conibear could run a fuggin' trapline.

Well, Travis, I ran a "fuggin" trapline with the help of my brother who'd set the traps an wire them open for me. Being's your questioning me on this, here's how we did it. I ran mostly 1 1/2 long springs, and 110 Connibears. I could get away with the 1 1/2's for rats or coon, although 2's would have been better for the coons. I did lose a few. My brother would run a wire through the rings on the end of the spring, set the trap, and tie off the wire. I'd make the set, and cut the wire with a pair of sidecutters. On the connibears, he'd do a couple wraps around the spring while the trap was set, and tie it if off and I'd set the dog, cut the wire and set the trap. I could carry about 10-12 traps in a pack. We had a stream, three ponds, and two flooded farm fields within walking distance of the house, as well as lots of hollow beech trees that always had coons in them. I'd leave at about 4:30 in the morning and be back by about 7:30 which left me time for school. Friday nights I'd take about 6 more traps, or move some sets to a small swamp off the end of this run, as I didn't have to be to school in the morning. I'd wire the jaws open for transport, then cut the wire once I reset them. These sets got pulled on Sunday morning. Any sprung traps, or traps with fur in them were brought home and my brother would remove the fur. I skinned any fur the night after I brought it home. Even with just a small line like this, I'd take enough rats, coons, and the occasional mink to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by gophergunner; 09/18/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Takes a long time to pull the wheat and make little bales by hand...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I understand the process but I've never heard of someone doing that with traps that size. 220's or 330's yes because they have the hooks and it makes things faster at times. But if you couldn't smoosh the spring on a 1 1/2 I don't know how your scrawny ass was bringing back a basket full of steel and fur in the round.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.