-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 40 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 39 40
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Anybody that claims to live in the Republic of Texas is a retard.

So is kellory.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

So is kellory.

Bahhhhaaaha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So is kellory.

I'm still trying to find some redeeming value to you. It's been a long search, And mostly a waste of time.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kellory
Curiosity, from those who have faced bears, why is a pump shotgun with solid slugs or 00buck, not the preferred close in bear weapon? Fast handling, close in devastation, and a bead sight for fast sighting. Why choose a long range rifle for a close in job?

Because a shotgun lacks penetration, even on the relatively thin skull of the big cats.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Curiosity, from those who have faced bears, why is a pump shotgun with solid slugs or 00buck, not the preferred close in bear weapon? Fast handling, close in devastation, and a bead sight for fast sighting. Why choose a long range rifle for a close in job?

Because a shotgun lacks penetration, even on the relatively thin skull of the big cats.

True. While bowhunting, a large caliber handgun, 357 on up, is best because of its deployability, maneuverability, power and weight. My preference when returning to one of my kills to pack out the remainder, whether rifle or bow season, is to carry my 45/70. I feel my Marlin Guide 45/70 is the ideal weapon for a close-in bear encounter. My 454 Ruger Alaskan is a close second. Luckily, I've never had to test my opinion or preference.

Last edited by Mad_Max; 09/19/18.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mad_Max

True. While bowhunting, a large caliber handgun, 357 on up, is best because of its deployability, maneuverability, power and weight. My preference when returning to one of my kills to pack out the remainder, whether rifle or bow season, is to carry my 45/70. I feel my Marlin Guide 45/70 is the ideal weapon for a close-in bear encounter. My 454 Ruger Alaskan is a close second. Luckily, I've never had to test my opinion or preference.

Thank you for an intelligent response. I hope you never have to test your choices, either. wink Ohio does not ALLOW a second weapon when hunting deer (bow or gun). Only exception is your CCW if you have one.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Btw - I appologize.....I didn't realize that I was talking with Matt Dillon when I made the comments about short barreled handguns... my bad. It never came up in conversations, but I'm betting that my guide would have suggested that even Matt should leave his cavalry model 45 at home and to bring something with a shorter barrel. Maybe not....

I’m not Matt Dillon, but I can clear leather faster than Matt Dillon.
I’m not Wyatt Earp, but I can clear leather faster than Wyatt Earp.
I’m not Billy the Kid, but I can clear leather faster than Billy the Kid.

I’m the fastest gun alive.

BTW: Anyone who'd tell someone to look left and start filling the sky with lead, while a bear is around in the hope to scare off any "potential unseen bears", while hoping a real bear doesn't step out to maul their client to death while they reload from filling the sky with lead, is in fact a complete idiot.......even Matt Dillon would tell you that pard.

P.S. I didn't say "you", or your guide were a city slicker.....read.....read....read.

Elk Slayer....do you know who "Maser" is????

That's who you're arguing with.....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Guess what, you have to aim a shotgun, just as you do a rifle, or you ain't hitting sheit.

Shotgun ammo is HEAVY. Never seen anything outside of a dove field that a shotgun is a better choice than a rifle.

I grew up with shotguns. It's a natural extension of my arm. Shotgun ammo ain't much heavier than my .450 bushmaster loads, and I don't count ounces when it's my life on the line.
Besides, even a loaded ammo belt is not uncomfortable to carry long term. (Ymmv)

Compelling, but you still have to AIM with said extension.

Try wearing blue if you go where bears are, it might have the same effect as at do with deer.

Deer see blue very well. They see more into the ultraviolet than we do. Camo works better on us than them anyways. Deer can not see red, but we use hunter orange because we see it better than red. The deer would see the yellow portion of orange.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mad_Max

We are going to start carrying the 50 beowulf AR we have. Pretty good thumper really. Quick repeat shots.

That said I"m generally still comfortable with the G20 and if not either of the above its whatever is decent and handy.

Mostly if you pay attention and keep your head in the game you'll have much less risk. Regardless the risk is there, we are not top of the food chain and wife and I are ok with that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The fact that anyone still thinks you don't have to aim with a shotgun, well it baffles me. But they say I"m easily baffled....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am baffled by approximately 96% of the posts on this thread. laugh

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

More on the penetration from Professional Hunter Robin Hurt: "In a split second, the leopard sprang up at me from close quarters but I somehow managed to fire the second barrel with the muzzles less than a foot from its head. But as he was moving so quickly, the shot missed his head, hitting him on the side of the neck. At such close quarters, the ’00’ buckshot had acted like a solid and had absolutely no immediate effect."

shotgun on leopard

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would be interested in your impressions of an AR Thumper. I went with the .450 bushmaster.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
I am baffled by approximately 96% of the posts on this thread. laugh

I’m baffled that it hasn’t turned into a “ bow hunting bashing thread”.

Maybe that’s still to come.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by GregW
Whew...
Who has a handle named elkslayer? Bet you've slayed a "ton" of elk....
When your fellow elk hunting buddies give you a nickname, based on your success, and ask you to guide for their high affluent clients too, well.....

Don't be jealous because you don't have repeat clients while wasting your life away trolling on a forum board.

No one gives a damnn.
Let's see. A *guide* [cough] trolls another person on the internet, and then states nobody "gives a damn" in their limited intellectual capacity to convince the dark matter in space the *guide* [cough] is a somebody with their clown statement.

I don't give a damn what you think / say / do. That is my "one" opinion.

I'm half convinced you are a woman with the drama you start.
Another liberal mental case here....wanting to place blame on the other person for the crap they started. It is called a false negative, and only Communist liberal trolls use this technique.....and the mentally sick.

I embarrassed you by making you eat crow here from your lies you posted. Deal with it mr [cough] *guide* [cough]

You've been spreading your vast knowledge all over this board.
You realize people can go look at my posting history, and read my posts, and see you are lying again right here, right? No, liberals are incapable of thinking ahead. They just repeat lie after lie after lie in the hopes it will stick. Another Saul Alinsky student you are.

Folks like you come and go all the time. Just like JeffO, trying waaay to hard to act like you've done something....
Who's trying waaaay too hard here mr *guide* [cough] troll?

I've "done something" for over two decades while elk hunting...got the mounted trophies....the friendships acquired along the way with other "true professional guides", who by the way don't call themselves a guide and troll on a forum board, unlike you.

Elkslayer, just how many elk have you taken to get that name from your Texas buddies? No way to know when that bull died and if you say you've never wounded an animal I call BS or you haven't been hunting long. It happens to the best of hunters. Come on up, I'll set you up in a grizz area for a hunt, we'll all see how you fare. Better bring your depends.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

More on the penetration from Professional Hunter Robin Hurt: "In a split second, the leopard sprang up at me from close quarters but I somehow managed to fire the second barrel with the muzzles less than a foot from its head. But as he was moving so quickly, the shot missed his head, hitting him on the side of the neck. At such close quarters, the ’00’ buckshot had acted like a solid and had absolutely no immediate effect."

shotgun on leopard

An interesting read, thank you.
"If there was any fault at all, it was mine in that I changed from my rifle to the shotgun. It was a calculated risk, one I was well aware of, but life is often a gamble and, after all, hunting itself is the chance of the chase. My shot through the neck and into his back would have killed him instantly had it only been from the .500. It was a costly mistake, but one that I would never make again."

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So is kellory.

...and wears Rhinestones 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wytex
Whew...
Who has a handle named elkslayer? Bet you've slayed a "ton" of elk....
When your fellow elk hunting buddies give you a nickname, based on your success, and ask you to guide for their high affluent clients too, well.....

Don't be jealous because you don't have repeat clients while wasting your life away trolling on a forum board.

No one gives a damnn.
Let's see. A *guide* [cough] trolls another person on the internet, and then states nobody "gives a damn" in their limited intellectual capacity to convince the dark matter in space the *guide* [cough] is a somebody with their clown statement.

I don't give a damn what you think / say / do. That is my "one" opinion.

I'm half convinced you are a woman with the drama you start.
Another liberal mental case here....wanting to place blame on the other person for the crap they started. It is called a false negative, and only Communist liberal trolls use this technique.....and the mentally sick.

I embarrassed you by making you eat crow here from your lies you posted. Deal with it mr [cough] *guide* [cough]

You've been spreading your vast knowledge all over this board.
You realize people can go look at my posting history, and read my posts, and see you are lying again right here, right? No, liberals are incapable of thinking ahead. They just repeat lie after lie after lie in the hopes it will stick. Another Saul Alinsky student you are.

Folks like you come and go all the time. Just like JeffO, trying waaay to hard to act like you've done something....
Who's trying waaaay too hard here mr *guide* [cough] troll?

I've "done something" for over two decades while elk hunting...got the mounted trophies....the friendships acquired along the way with other "true professional guides", who by the way don't call themselves a guide and troll on a forum board, unlike you.

Elkslayer, just how many elk have you taken to get that name from your Texas buddies? No way to know when that bull died and if you say you've never wounded an animal I call BS or you haven't been hunting long. It happens to the best of hunters. Come on up, I'll set you up in a grizz area for a hunt, we'll all see how you fare. Better bring your depends.

FWIW, Bayou Rover is "MASER" ... The pissing his pants, diaper wearing, binky sucking, hiding in the closet from gramps maser.....I suspect ElkSlayer91 is also one of his reincarnations...probably from a different computer...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
.When your fellow elk hunting buddies give you a nickname, based on your success, and ask you to guide for their high affluent clients too, well.....

Lets see, from Texas, calls a bull-- Imperial, shows no dead elk pics, can't score a bull, suggests one of the most bizarre theories I have seen on sighting in an elk rifle.

Ya for sure an elk slayer. Your buddies call you elk slayer? You can't get them to stop?

Last edited by callnum; 09/19/18.

Page 21 of 40 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 41 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,219
Posts18,504,151
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.