E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. I have a tough road ahead. The doctor suggested that I go to Phoenix for either the Mayo clinic or Barrows to get a better idea of what is going on between my ears.

As far as the backhoe,it won! smile

The hard part for me is the no hunting or shooting for a year,good thing I did not draw a deer or cow elk tag this year. My son has a javelina tag and I will be his guide for it.

Mark and Joy,please accept my apologies for not talking to the both you. Judy told me that the both of you came to see me,but I was unconscious.

Again,thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

Ken, I will second the suggestion re: Mayo Clinic. Visited their facility in Jacksonville several times in years past, they are straight up pros, second to none. Very damn glad you made it home and hope you will pay attention to Nurse Judy. Don't know that she would really use a taser on you, but a fella never knows! laugh

As far as no hunting or shooting, I get the first part, but really now, .22 rimfires are more like spittin' tabaccy, so get a second opinion on that. Note I said rimfires. Don't tell the nurse I said any of this, OK?

You do have a .22 RF doncha?

Gotta be careful with the 2x4, etc. Don't want to damage the goods. Now, that nose twist I mentioned earlier. Judy may need one of those. They do work...

Good to see you out of the big house, headed for your house...

I had suggested a .22 LR. A poster corrected me, said the 17 HMR was the way to go. I had to agree.

Can't let dem wabbits get the upper hand...

You da man...

DF

I gots to give wabbits time to breed more. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to see you posting, elk. One of these days I may look you up when I visit El Paso again.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Ken, it’s good to see you back.

I’m still gonna kick that backhoe’s ass.

Go ahead,me and you can brag about our injuries at parties. wink

LMAO!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. I have a tough road ahead. The doctor suggested that I go to Phoenix for either the Mayo clinic or Barrows to get a better idea of what is going on between my ears.

The hard part for me is the no hunting or shooting for a year,good thing I did not draw a deer or cow elk tag this year. My son has a javelina tag and I will be his guide for it.

Mark and Joy,please accept my apologies for not talking to the both you. Judy told me that the both of you came to see me,but I was unconscious.

Ken, I will second the suggestion re: Mayo Clinic. Visited their facility in Jacksonville several times in years past, they are straight up pros, second to none. Very damn glad you made it home and hope you will pay attention to Nurse Judy. Don't know that she would really use a taser on you, but a fella never knows! laugh

As far as no hunting or shooting, I get the first part, but really now, .22 rimfires are more like spittin' tabaccy, so get a second opinion on that. Note I said rimfires. Don't tell the nurse I said any of this, OK?

Umm the only 22RF I have is a S&W M&P. Hows that for abbreviations. smile

I see my neurologist on Tuesday and that is one of the questions I have for him.

Ken,

I'll send you a 10-22 I have that just sits in the safe, a stainless mannlicher. When you are back to blasting the centerfires send it back or bring it to Tonto for return. Let me know.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Ken, think about how many Wabbits you're going to have at it with in 2019!!!!!!! You'd better get to loadin'!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Welcome Back Ken!!

I toldja’ and toldja’ hunting rabbits with that 460 would hurt you bad... I have a 17HMR you can use until you sell that monster and get your own.

Take care!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear you're back in familiar territory. You had a lot of people worried. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Ken, think about how many Wabbits you're going to have at it with in 2019!!!!!!! You'd better get to loadin'!

I told Judy that since I am allowed not to shoot,it gives me the money to buy bullets,powder and any other bare necessity.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 09/19/18.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

To hell with that!

Just shoot 'em with something a bit less penetrative. laugh

Like a 22lr.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by EdM

Umm the only 22RF I have is a S&W M&P. Hows that for abbreviations. smile

I see my neurologist on Tuesday and that is one of the questions I have for him.

Ken,

I'll send you a 10-22 I have that just sits in the safe, a stainless mannlicher. When you are back to blasting the centerfires send it back or bring it to Tonto for return. Let me know.

Thanks EdM,I have a .17 HMR that'll fill the bill just fine. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Good to see you posting, elk. One of these days I may look you up when I visit El Paso again.

Let me know when you do. You and I can avoid the ruthless backhoe.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Will do OutlawPatriot.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I told Judy that since I am allowed not to shoot,it gives me the money to buy bullets,powder and any other bare necessity.

Ken,

maybe you need to take up the stick bow thing? grin

I could send you my 45lb draw one.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ken, so glad to see you back at it!!!!

Best of luck in your recovery.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Let me know when you do. You and I can avoid the ruthless backhoe.

Backhoes are never associated with recreation in my experience, and only seem to be involved where there's work. You are in no danger of being influenced to get involved with a backhoe, at least by me. Not even a garden hoe, so rest easy!
smile

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to see you are out and on the way home. The only ones that will be happy over the next year are the jacks. Godspeed on your speedy recovery!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Y'all would probably sound like a pen full of steers, talking on and on about their surgery... shocked

DF

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

If he has a seizure while holding any firearm, then he can shoot himself or whoever is driving him.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Y'all would probably sound like a pen full of steers, talking on and on about their surgery... shocked

DF

Hahahaha.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Welcome back to the fire Ken....good to see lots of positive progress! May you continue to rapidly improve toward 100%! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,928
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.