Campfire Regular
T
Turtles are cool.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Turtles show up on the driveway from time to time.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I appreciate the info. I will check out those articles. It’s just my opinion, but it really is a dang shame that the co inventor of the WSM casing design, John Jamison, patented, and then filed suit against Olin/Winchester over the casing proportion design when they tried to bring it to market. It really put the breaks on that whole WSM / RSAUM style of casing. Not saying Winchester went about it the correct/honest way at all. Again, just my opinion, but the WSM style of casing, short / fat style of casing, has a ton of benefits over the long skinny Win Mag style of casing. I think, over the next 5 years or so, we will start to see some legitimacy come to the different “neck downs” folks have been making off of the WSM / RSAUM casings at home. Now that John’s patent has expired, of course.

Some light reading if you are interested.

Jamison Lawsuit Synopsis

Jamison Short/Fat Patent

We have done a good bit of experimenting with shortening and widening other common overbore magnum casings, with some interesting results. Our testing leads us to believe as a general rule of thumb, the further the powder is away from the ignition source, aka the primer / flash hole, the less consistent the powder burn is from shot to shot. Also, the likelihood of pushing unburnt powder down the barrel increases with the length of the casing powder chamber. Either way, I think there is still a good bit of refining to do on optimal casing design relating to powder chamber diameter vs powder chamber length.

Is the 6.5-300 a variant of, or another name for, the 6.5 GAP? I agree with you on the accuracy over velocity comment. We make a lot of Cheytac brass, and most of those guys are always wanting more case capacity for a little extra speed.
[/quote]

Sir

"The 6.5 Leopard is the 300 WSM necked down to 6.5

This new wildcat may be the ultimate answer for long-range deer and varmint hunting.
By Jim Carmichel September 18, 2007"

https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/guns/rifles/2007/09/65-leopard

Now I've never tried to attain 3,200 FPS in this rifle.

I'm a short range meat hunter, not a long range target shooter so the current long range craze has not infected me.

I am not familiar with the 6.5 GAP, 6.5 GAP 4s or the 6.5 RSAUM .

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/6-5-saum-4s.163147/

Based on the above, I undestand that the 4S stands for "Super Secret Squirrel Schitz. Which leads me to question whether "B" claimed the naming rights!

Quien Sabe?

From the limited info I have it would be similar to a 300 SAUM necked down to 6.5

http://bluemountainprecision.com/blog/post/6-5-remington-short-action-ultra-magnum-6-5-saum

So From Sierra #5......

300 RSAUM........180 gr. bullet, Magpro min/max........64.9/70.1

300 WSM.............180 gr. bullet Magpro min/max.........67.7/76.9

Would seem the 6.5 WSM would have more powder capacity than a 6.5 RSAUM

I'm sure there are others here that have much more insight than I, as I'm JAPPFT

[Linked Image]

Just Another Porker Perforator From Texas

ya!

GWB

[/quote]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DerekP
I appreciate the info. I will check out those articles. It’s just my opinion, but it really is a dang shame that the co inventor of the WSM casing design, John Jamison, patented, and then filed suit against Olin/Winchester over the casing proportion design when they tried to bring it to market. It really put the breaks on that whole WSM / RSAUM style of casing. Not saying Winchester went about it the correct/honest way at all. Again, just my opinion, but the WSM style of casing, short / fat style of casing, has a ton of benefits over the long skinny Win Mag style of casing. I think, over the next 5 years or so, we will start to see some legitimacy come to the different “neck downs” folks have been making off of the WSM / RSAUM casings at home. Now that John’s patent has expired, of course.

Jamison Lawsuit Synopsis

Jamison Short/Fat Patent

We have done a good bit of experimenting with shortening and widening other common overbore magnum casings, with some interesting results. Our testing leads us to believe as a general rule of thumb, the further the powder is away from the ignition source, aka the primer / flash hole, the less consistent the powder burn is from shot to shot. Also, the likelihood of pushing unburnt powder down the barrel increases with the length of the casing powder chamber. Either way, I think there is still a good bit of refining to do on optimal casing design relating to powder chamber diameter vs powder chamber length.

Is the 6.5-300 a variant of, or another name for, the 6.5 GAP? I agree with you on the accuracy over velocity comment. We make a lot of Cheytac brass, and most of those guys are always wanting more case capacity for a little extra speed.

Sir

This new wildcat may be the ultimate answer for long-range deer and varmint hunting.

I'm a short range meat hunter, not a long range target shooter so the current long range craze has not infected me.

Based on the above, I undestand that the 4S stands for "Super Secret Squirrel Schitz. Which leads me to question whether "B" claimed the naming rights!

Quien Sabe?

From the limited info I have it would be similar to a 300 SAUM necked down to 6.5

http://bluemountainprecision.com/blog/post/6-5-remington-short-action-ultra-magnum-6-5-saum

So From Sierra #5......

I'm sure there are others here that have much more insight than I, as I'm JAPPFT

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Am I the only one wondering why the owner of the company can't figure out how to use the quote function on a message board?

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was Rick Jamison who sued Winchester/olin over the WSM line of cartridges. He was a gunwriter.

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Mike74
It was Rick Jamison who sued Winchester/olin over the WSM line of cartridges. He was a gunwriter.

I was just listing his name as it appeared in the legal documents. John R. Jamison. I didn’t know him personally, if he went by Rick, I was unaware.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Jamison Lawsuit Synopsis

Jamison Short/Fat Patent

Sir

Quien Sabe?

So From Sierra #5......

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Am I the only one wondering why the owner of the company can't figure out how to use the quote function on a message board?

David

Is this better for you?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

I think he wrote for Shooting Times Magazine, but that was before I got into the industry. I think I heard that one of the reasons he left Shooting Times was because of the fallout from the lawsuit.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Derek,

IIRC, over the last 20 years or so I have loaded for over 80 different rifle/pistol cartridges, from 17 Hornet to 458 Lott.

I've owned a half dozen 300 WSM's,

[Linked Image]

This Winchester M-70 Super-Grade was my fav' of those

one 7mm WSM,

[Linked Image]

three 270 WSM's

[Linked Image]

one 6.5 WSM

[Linked Image]

and two 325 WSM's

[Linked Image]

My fav of the 4 Montanas I have owned was this 325 WSM

[Linked Image]

I do luv my Nolser M48 Custom Sporter in 325 WSM. For a couple years it was my go to dark-thirty hoglet thumper due to the Illuminated reticle on the Leupold. Plus stuff tended to be DRT. No fun tracking at nite in the Texas hill country.

In fact, the 325 WSM is my favorite of the WSMs.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Jamison Lawsuit Synopsis

Jamison Short/Fat Patent

Sir

Quien Sabe?

So From Sierra #5......

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

David

Is this better for you?

It's ok Derek, I know that was just your first batch of quoted posts.

David

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Try to tell the truth and stand your ground!

Don't let the bastids get you down!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 10/02/18.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by geedubya

Try to tell the truth and stand your ground!

Don't let the bastids get you down!

ya!

GWB

Listening to that reminds me I haven’t even come close to sorting through all of the old country songs I need to. Thanks again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I think he wrote for Shooting Times Magazine, but that was before I got into the industry. I think I heard that one of the reasons he left Shooting Times was because of the fallout from the lawsuit.

Yes indeed. Good writer but he was a magnum guy and never let you forget it.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Haha. Took me a second to figure out what you meant by magnum guy. At first I thought you were speaking to his personality.

Last edited by DerekP; 10/02/18.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DollarShort
Might as well go for a soda

Nobody hurts and nobody cries. Ha Kim Mitchell. 1984.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

That probably is what drove him to figure out the WSM proportion ratio. I really want the magnum performance, but I hate using a pound of powder for every 100 casings. Enter the WSSM. Plus he was probably sick of lugging around his magnum action rifle and extra barrel length.

Last edited by DerekP; 10/02/18.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 16bore
Looks like the flash hole was "deburred" from the wrong end.

Drunk pards case prep?

Most likely that's what happened..
But..
LactoBoy just might have done it himself..
Fun to watch him and his lil' baglickers squeal.. laugh

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Nrut

Most likely that's what happened..
But..
LactoBoy just might have done it himself..
Fun to watch him and his lil' baglickers squeal.. laugh

I have arrived at the conclusion that the pair of dills deserve each other.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
PaulBurnedhard,

I'm VERY much enjoying your gullibility,as you do your best. Congratulations?!?

There is nothing to "argue". DUMB Fhuqk Derek manufactured,endorsed,"QC'd",packed,sold and shipped outfhuqking right Dog Schit brass and is weaving Lie after Lie,to make it "better". She apparently "thinks",that telling those Lies,will "Magically" improve the schit I rceived. In fact,she's doing "GREAT" and the humor is offa the fhuqking charts! Now it's a "Conspiracy" Theory,that somehow her schit wares were manipulated...though nobody could fhuqk it up worse than she could,by driving the dinghy. Hint. Laughing!

I remain "fairly" certain in the assertion,that opening said parcel,did not alter it's characteristics. That'd prolly be a gross fhuqking understatement. Hint. Laughing!

What she needs far more than anything,is to quit being a Whining Lying Kchunt and offer wares 1/10th as good as the bullschit she espouses. While none of that is within her means...everyone enjoys a High Speed Train Wreck and she's greasing rails,just as fast as she can.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!...............

WhoreHey!,

Of course NOTHING is going to fhuqking change,you Amazingly Inept CLUELESS Fhuqking Dolt. You did NOT get a scoop of IQ in your sleep last night,nor a cup of ambition,nor a serving of Adventure...just more Whine and fresh Excuses. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to start a Thread,when your Couchbound Kchunt steps Outdoors and don't be miss aspooked to dangle your version of "pictures". I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you didn't "explain" your Imaginary Pretend Ignore and instead held pat on being a CLUELESS Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

As an aside and only as a "surprise" to you,this is what great brass looks like. Pardon it being easy for me to say,if only because I shoot it all and then some. Be sure to nod your head like you "understand",as you feverishly GoogleFu same. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

It's never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't...you "Hard Charging" Coke Bottle queen. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.........

'weasil,

Do NOT underestimate the "power" of DUMB Fhuqk Derek Peterson's Imagination or Pretend...she's on FIRE.(grin)

Bless her heart.

Laughing!............

elkchunter,

How "close" were to going Outside yesterday? How "close" to driving a vehicle? How "close" to shooting your schitty rifle? Don't forget,to mop that drool up,from your quivering lips. Hint LAUGHING! Congratulations?!?

Only saw (3) Polar Bears yesterday,but nuttin' in either good light or handy. Hmmmmm...how to fuel your Imagination,so you can "live" vicariously yet another day and find the sheer determination to plagiarize yet more pics?!? Decisions...decisions.

Laughing!

This is fitting,if only because it's as "fast" as you can "move"...you "lucky" kchunt.

LAUGHING!!!

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Derek The DUMB Fhuqk,

Pardon my horning you up,but I'm "surprised" you added that to your incredibly looonnnggggg list of WELL founded Insecurities. Congratulations?!?

I was REALLY hoping,you were gonna "tell" me about "Forestry" and "climbing" too,with your hilarious inside scoop of Retardation...if only to copiously frost the notion that you "started" a business. Hint. LAUGHING!

Lemme connect some dots for you. Fair to middlin' Timber here,I was freshly charged and prolly had a sidearm of some flavor at the ready. Hint. laughing!

[Linked Image]

Fair to middlin' Timber here.

[Linked Image]

REALLY enjoyed your "almost" getting Jamison's name right,as you plagiarized your perpetual Dumbfhuqktitude...by yet again doing your BEST. THAT was simply fhuqking awesome! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........

16',

In fairness,the interior of the flash holes are hilariously fhuqking schitty too,but the posterior is much easier to capture with Splendid Pixels. I reckon I could buy a borescope.(grin)

Peterson's "QC" is simply fhuqking EPIC,in it's oblivious Humor Quotient.

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!...................

'9,

Derek The DUMB Fhuqk confuses the schit house with her "QC" Department too. Rest assured,she's giving things her ALL.(grin)

Bless her heart.

Laughing!..................

'74,

Don't get DUMB Fhuqk Derek going on another "Conspiracy" Theory...her pointy head cain't take it.(grin)

Bless her heart.

Laughing!..........

'72,

I've laughed soooooooooooo fhuqking hard at Derek The DUMB Fhuqk's keen "observations","explanations" and "QC",that tears streamed face numerous times! This schit is Blazing Saddles funny...just not on fhuqking purpose!

Bless her heart.

LAUGHING!........

Nrut,

No need to come crashing out of the closet,yet again. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

'STUART,

PLEASE say you "believe" Derek The DUMB Fhuqk's "Conspiracy" Theory! Congratulations?!?

PLEASE!!!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'STUART,

PLEASE say you "believe" Derek The DUMB Fhuqk's "Conspiracy" Theory! Congratulations?!?

PLEASE!!!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........

No, when he posted that crap I lumped him in the same box you sit in.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 38 of 48 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.