Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Yep, and not afraid to be in the woods alone.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My wife hunts on her own all the time. Her showing up with a deer in the back of the jeep is not a surprise(she shoots a ruger 30-06). Chases quail with her britt all the time as well. My oldest daughter, a soph in college, is all the time "borrowing" guns to go hunt by herself. They just like to hunt, with me or others.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by bearmgc
I am a woman hunter who routinely hunts alone. I have quartered my own elk and loaded the truck. I don't know what is all the fuss here...

No fuss, just curious.

Women hunting alone are akin to unicorns, heard about them but never seen one........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was kidding about the fuss part. Actually I'm kinda proud of myself, to be honest. If you hunt the Bridger National Forest and Wilderness,Wyoming, you'll probably see a few "unicorns".

Last edited by bearmgc; 03/13/07.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just like a woman, to overreact....

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I've been hunting whitetails alone since I was 15 or so. My husband decided to try deer hunting after we met. I thought it would be great- we could sit in the stand together and enjoy the sunrise. Well, I ended up almost kicking him out of the stand- he was very fidgety. I had him shoot a doe that came by- it was the only deer we had seen, and I didn't think he was going to be able to wait any longer. That was the first and last time we sat together. Since he prefers prairie dogs to deer, he is content these days to stay in with the kids while I go out to my deer stand. We do some bird hunting together, and shoot sporting clays together.
So, I wouldn't say we are "unicorns", more like white rhinos. Very rare but definitely of this earth.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Smooth, ain't I? ...grin...

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Still laffin...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KYHillChick won't hunt, but every year she mentions how ugly turkeys are, and how they're looking more and more huntable to her.

She also has this thing against squirrels. It's due to a bad experience she had on our first big camping trip. She could kill a squirrel, just to watch it die.

Hunt? No, I don't think we'll see her out there in the near future.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
buddies wife hunts, and killed a 116 4/8" coues buck! owner of Coueswhitetail.com AManda is a huntin machine. other than that, i dont know any other female hunters. would like to meet a good lookin 21-23 year old up here in flagstaff who likes to hunt just as much as me!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually bearmgc is being somewhat conservative. I'ld venture that just about any hunting area here in Wy is going to have female hunters.
My mom and a couple of my aunts, a few of my cousins, my exwife, wife and sister inlaw and a whole passel of family friends (female) all hunt, do their own shooting, gutting, and help with packing the meat out.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am one. I hunt them whenever I get the chance. Being single it is always open season!

Last edited by Tundragriz; 03/16/07.

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know one and she has an equal number of tooth(yes! tooth) 70 ish y/o lady up near my deer camp.Have never met any others. If I could meet one that would hunt and fish that would be awsome.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There was a lady named HoundGirl who posted a lot while trying to collect a blacktail deer this past season. She was offered a lot of help on her hunts in Washington or Oregon, but said she wanted to do it completely by herself. She started out asking questions about which rifle to buy, which caliber, scope, then deer hunting tactics and the whole nine yards. According to her posts, she went out every single day during the season, but unfortunately, did not collect a deer. The way this lady hunted and did what she did was, and is, a tribute to all hunters. I guess she did not want to post on this thread. Tom Purdom

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm pretty sure Houndgirl turned out to be a dude...at least, I read that somewhere...

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
This may not qualify as hunting alone, but any woman who will walk up to a polar bear and kill it with a bow and arrow has to qualify as a very gutsy hunter. Here is the story about Michele Leqve, the "Xtreme Bowhuntress"

Leqve Is First Woman To Arrow A Polar Bear

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
My wife hunts alone a lot, partly because she likes to sit in the whitetail woods, while I prefer hiking around the mule deer hills. She will even hunt alone when I am gone on a trip. Cam,ed back from a hunt in some other state once to find a whitetail hanging in the barn. She had to float it down a creek for about half a mile to get it out of the thick stuff where it was killed.

I know several more women who hunt alone. Maybe that's more common in the West than elsewhere.

John Barsness

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out this girl, on the cover of the Oregon Game Regs.
http://bp0.blogger.com/_dOW-I0QpMVY/RdUP45JG53I/AAAAAAAAAE8/z-yrwTPUetc/s1600-h/Wild+Turkey.jpeg

She recently hosted a party where she killed everything served, it included Duck, elk, crab, salmon, goose, cougar, and some other stuff too.

She's a doctor, rides a Harley and hunts more than most guys I know.

To answer the question before it comes up, she's straight and single. Want me to send her your way Steelhead?

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.