Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I got the gun in and put one of Fermin Garza's front sights on it ( I love this sight) and have one of Story's 8 round .22 Mag cylinders on the way and have it tucked in an EPS Tom Threepersons holster. The grips are bone of some kind but are kinda fat for my taste and I have large hands. I don't know if I will keep the grips as is, get rid of them or maybe even try to slim them down (not sure about that). I will shoot it and see how it feels then.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Very nice.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think it is a good deal and nice looking. I still have mine that I paid $140 for NIB years ago yes they go up in value. It has made a excellent small game gun and night raccoon gun. Enjoy

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Got the .22 mag cylinder and it dropped right in perfectly!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think $275 for a Single Six like that is a fair enough price.

Mine's from the '50's, it rides around in this really sweet Heiser from the '40's.

[Linked Image]

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Mine was bought used in the early 90s. It's the 3rd one I've owned. It didn't come with a Magnum cylinder, so I got this one off the internet and fitted it. It had mediocre accuracy with 22 Long Rifles but is very accurate with 40 grain WW magnums (silver box). It's killed many Rattlesnakes with shot shells.

It's effective on Badgers and, of course, Richardson's with the hollow points.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Very nice Muleshoe. I am sending mine off to have the grips thinned

Last edited by pacecars; 10/06/18.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kinda looks like mine after I gave it a redo.

[Linked Image]

It was in need from living a fairly rough life.

[Linked Image]

It's killed snakes, mice and squirrel with no problems. Never have shot it from a bench to actually test accuracy but it is "good enough".

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
For all of you single 6 shooters out there, how accurate on average do these pistols shoot?

On average, IMHO, not well enough. I've had between 12 and 15 of the rimfires and 5-6 of the .32s. The first rimfire was really quite good with both cylinders. The first .32 was fair (4-5/8" barrel) but I shook it to death with some of Skeeter Skelton's recipes. The second, a 9-1/2" barreled gun a gunsmith friend modified a Leupold blackhawk base for, was spectacular. There was a 9-1/2" .22 that shot well with one brand of .22 mag ammo. Otherwise, until this most recent gun (the 2nd Hunter model I've owned), they were consistently unimpressive.

I like the design and feel of them well enough to keep trying, though, so IMHO it's worth the work. Besides, shooting guns to test loads and stuff is fun and rewarding in its own right whether it turns out to be a success or a failure in the end.

Also, in fairness, not everyone expects, or can obtain, the level of accuracy I want from a handgun, so you might be very happy with a gun I "discarded" (sold) because it didn't meet my requirements.

The current Single Six hunter will generally put 6 rounds of CCI mini mag hollowpoints under an inch at 25 yards with iron sights if the sun is square behind me so I can see that bead. I've just replaced the bead and notch sights with a traditional patridge -type sight but haven't shot it since so I'm not sure if that helps or just makes me feel better. It's pretty hard on the local ground squirrels, though. I already proved that.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
now i'm gonna start looking for one, it's been awhile since I've had one

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by dave284
Kinda looks like mine after I gave it a redo.

[Linked Image]

It was in need from living a fairly rough life.

[Linked Image]

It's killed snakes, mice and squirrel with no problems. Never have shot it from a bench to actually test accuracy but it is "good enough".

Dave, that thing was just "broke in" when you started messin' with it ! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That all right, now it's just "broker in". smile

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 673, 7mm_Loco, 1minute, 21 invisible), 1,183 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,362
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.