Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 85 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 84 85
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't fear injury so much as just knowing my legs will be a lot fresher if I lay off for at least a few days. And I need all the help I can get..........

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't fear injury so much as just knowing my legs will be a lot fresher if I lay off for at least a few days. And I need all the help I can get..........

Yeah I've got a handful of prior injuries. broken ankle, rotator cuff, that plague me. The training helps make them better, but I feel I walk a fine line. Go a little aggressive and I am hurting for a couple weeks. Right now everything feels just right. Wish my season started yesterday!!!

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Preaching to the choir nemo, I've got a re-built ACL with a little arthritis on one side from a skiing accident in 2001, and fused ankle bones on the other side, had to get that done early this year and it's still not right. Re-built rotator cuff on one side which gives me no problems, and reconstructed ligament in my wrist on the other side which still gets sore.

I got more hardware than Ace. Hope the screw don't back out.......

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Jeff has a stalker; hopefully the stalker realizes he’s happily married and not available

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Preaching to the choir nemo, I've got a re-built ACL with a little arthritis on one side from a skiing accident in 2001, and fused ankle bones on the other side, had to get that done early this year and it's still not right. Re-built rotator cuff on one side which gives me no problems, and reconstructed ligament in my wrist on the other side which still gets sore.

I got more hardware than Ace. Hope the screw don't back out.......

Glad I am not alone! Haha. Funny thing is, I had a compound femur fracture in 2000, titanium rod from hip to knee with all attaching hardware, and it gives me no problems whatsoever. I wonder how big a part the guy doing the surgery plays, because the the fella that did the femur was world class, so I was told. The guy that did the ankle, on the other hand...I still might smack him in the mouth next time I see him...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep that schidt up on the freak show.

Seriously? You think that stench doesn't enter this room?

Talk about stupidity, fishing is a workout? Hell, than I'm a world class Olympian.

Differing opinions, sure.....but...

He's a delusional attention whore who fabricates crap to fit his whacked personal agenda.

The fact that you don't see him for who he is, and the fact that you think he's 'your friend' speaks poorly of you and your lack of proper judgement.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth

The fact that you don't see him for who he is, and the fact that you think he's 'your friend' speaks poorly of you and your lack of proper judgement.

No, the fact that you think I said he's "my friend" shows you can't read. It's a free country, and people can post what they want; it bothers me not in the least. If I want to comment on it I will but I normally ignore it because I don't come here to read the political "discourse," or for medical, financial or personal advice like so many seem to.

I'd just like to keep the political bullsh** where it belongs, which is up in the freak show, not here.

Pretty simple concept, without all the drama that you guys seem to thrive on.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Kenneth

No, the fact that you think I said he's "my friend" shows you can't read. It's a free country, and people can post what they want; it bothers me not in the least. If I want to comment on it I will but I normally ignore it because I don't come here to read the political "discourse," or for medical, financial or personal advice like so many seem to.

I'd just like to keep the political bullsh** where it belongs, which is up in the freak show, not here.

Pretty simple concept, without all the drama that you guys seem to thrive on.

+1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep.

New shop roof project starts tomorrow.... step one, I think, is "staging" sheets of 1/2" ply on the porch roof. I'm going to be replacing a lot of plywood. Carrying ply up ladders is awkward and dangerous to say the least and will have my full attention. Unfortunately I'm having lower back spasms but usually that resolves positively if I challenge it. Hope so, because I've got a short weather and work window to git 'er done.

I guess it's kind of my "elk hunt" this year. I opted to go out of sync with my buddies as they burned 4 points on a tag I didn't want to burn 4 points on. That should put me in Hells Canyon next season or the the one after with a really good bull tag. I'm hoping to get up to elk camp anyway just to hang with the guys and scout for them, hunt grouse, and fish but that won't approximate (physically) what I'd do with a tag in my wallet. smile

I've talked about the remarkable physical (and mental, for that matter) renaissance I've experienced in the last several years due to, in essence, eating weed. I know it's not for everyone but in the context of managing old injuries, of which I have my share, the right word is simply "remarkable". I hope it can reach some of you folks, perhaps in a more societally-palatable form, at some future date. In the meantime I'll continue my cutting edge research as a public service! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Jeff has a stalker; hopefully the stalker realizes he’s happily married and not available

Being that same sex marriage is legal where Jeff Obama hails from I would imagine he is married but how would he really know being high and delusional.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
oh the drama

my wife, Tiny Elvis and I got 3.5 miles on the trails this afternoon- upper 40’s with a mix of sunshine and clouds, nice!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got back to it last week with 3x moderate bike rides. Did some wood splitting yesterday with wedge and sledge. Bumping up the intensity on rides this week with more wood splitting. Supposed to cool down the end of the week so it'll be more hunting, less wood splitting.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Back on the PNWild workout with a 30 pound pack, did day one this morning. Have a little draw where I go to shoot and did some fast hiking/ jogging to shooting position. push ups and stuff to get heart rate up and tired before the shot. Not really a work out, just getting ready for the upcoming hunt!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
had today off so was able to get a nice 6 mile loop in with Tiny E

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
hit the gym for a bit of a lackluster lift squats 5/5/5+, bench 5/5/5+, pull-ups 3x10, dips 3x30, core

this [bleep] still has it grips into me after two weeks plus frown

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Last workout before the elk season for me today, easy cardio on the staionary bike. Season starts Saturday, five days only for the first season. We'll see how the ankle holds up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Luck to you.

Got back in the pool for the fist swim in... not sure how long. Swim tests in the 50, 100, and 500. Not sure where my times were compared to my peak... certainly off a bit, but much better than this time last year. Had immediate soreness in chest and shoulders, which was really something.

From there we went to the gym for an FTP test on the bike. If you've never done that, it is a 20 minute maximum sustained output. The trainer records your wattage the whole time, and then takes a percentage of the average to estimate how much power you could put out for 60 minutes. An interesting, objective benchmark. I was way off my peak on that as well, so lots of room for winter improvement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^ cool!

Good luck SP.

First day on the roof. For a first day I felt great up there. Good balance, no prob being at angles all day on my feet/legs, etc. Guess all that exercise I didn't get in my boat is paying off. smile Plenty tired though. The last sheet of plywood I took up the ladder my legs were like REALLY?! At least it's 1/2", much easier than the 5/8" I used on my house.

It's a PITA. Short story, since I'm pulling the plywood and can access the trusses, I'm doing the carpentry on the gable ends (correctly this time) for fascia. It's non-trivial. The way the metal roof trims out requires good solid straight fascia.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Last workout before the elk season for me today, easy cardio on the staionary bike. Season starts Saturday, five days only for the first season. We'll see how the ankle holds up.

the elk are probably shivering in their footsteps now! laugh good luck

we woke up to 2” of snow in town this morning, probably 12”+ in the mountains- could make for interesting opener (10/20)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was just looking at road conditions where I hunt. Been snowing every day, one day alone they got a foot and had to close the highway for avalanche clearance.

I hate messing around with tire chains, reminds me why I like the early seasons.

Page 64 of 85 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 84 85

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.