T

good job on dead 'yote

shoot one for all of us........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You did a good job on that, James.

I probably would have just burned a hole in that thin metal with my welder... smile

Years ago I had one of those San Angelo brand trunk mounts and installed it as an overhead rack in my pickup. Now the ceilings of pickups are cluttered, and not flat like they used to be.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
friend of mine designed and started selling these a few years ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Gripp-9253-Universal-ATV-Mount/dp/B00IIZUPOA

Yeah.....but will it blend????

I am MAGA.
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I probably would have just burned a hole in that thin metal with my welder... smile

Years ago I had one of those San Angelo brand trunk mounts and installed it as an overhead rack in my pickup. Now the ceilings of pickups are cluttered, and not flat like they used to be.

After I got married, I worked in a factory as a mig welder for 12 years. Worked there on the evening shift and farmed during the day. Damn near killed me, but I did learn how to weld, at least with a mig welder.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nice fabrication job. 👍

How long was that dog down before the flies covered it up? We have flies but I don’t deal with them that thick, not to mention the moth that decided to join the scavenger show. I bet that the ticks are fierce too......👎

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good ingenuity, get a patent on it ASAP.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

After I got married, I worked in a factory as a mig welder for 12 years. Worked there on the evening shift and farmed during the day. Damn near killed me, but I did learn how to weld, at least with a mig welder.

I'm probably gonna borrow your brace idea you pictured and incorporate that into my tractor mount. I have it secured on top with a HD rubber bungee strap now. Your idea looks much better. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nice set-up, and pretty sweet.....a coyote with a 22 RF! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love those take-down 10-22s!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

That was a Walmart clearance one at $169. Normally, I would scope it, as my old eyes don't care for open sights. But, I'm beginning to like it as it is. I've killed a few squirrels, turtles, and some birds with it, in addition to the coyote. It is like every other 10-22 I've had.........very accurate and will shoot anything. I shot that coyote with some LR solids that I was I was wanting to shoot up. It came with a very nice carrying case, and I thought I'd leave it in there, put some ammo and a few other survival items in, and keep it for an emergency. But, it shoots to sweet to just forget about it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nice fabrication job. 👍

How long was that dog down before the flies covered it up? We have flies but I don’t deal with them that thick, not to mention the moth that decided to join the scavenger show. I bet that the ticks are fierce too......👎

Coyote was dead maybe 25-30 minutes. It was in the upper 80's and the flies are thick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at the coyote, one might consider an additional rack for an "A salt" gun or a fly swatter.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good Job, Buddy! grin

Yeah, I think going to a .223 is a good idea.

[Linked Image]

I always carry my 1911 as well. The other day, I got lazy and didn't strap my rifle in the gun rack. You guessed it... Coyote! Had to take it with my 1911 at 65 yards.

Some things I've taken from the 100hp hunting blind... Coyotes... hogs, and rattlers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glad you got that rack implemented! I love mine.

if i saw a rattler that size the only thing that would satisfy me that it was dead would be a napalm strikex2
hate those things.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cant believe you guys are able to kill coyotes without a 6.5 Creedmore, must have been some mighty lucky shots and some mighty sick coyotes. laugh

[Linked Image]
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Kill all them damn pigs!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
I cant believe you guys are able to kill coyotes without a 6.5 Creedmore, must have been some mighty lucky shots and some mighty sick coyotes. laugh

James actually owns a 6.5 CM so just having one at the house....long as you wear the magic fob bracelet. Any firearm you take hold of will have the same mythical powers.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jnyork

James actually owns a 6.5 CM so just having one at the house....long as you wear the magic fob bracelet. Any firearm you take hold of will have the same mythical powers.

Yep, I always touch my 6.5CM before I shoot another rifle, as it will give the other rifle some mystical qualities. It will turn a plain old ordinary BB gun into a weapon capable of killing an elephant.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

[Linked Image][/URL.

So I'm on my phone scrolling down this thread and get to this picture and the damned thing vibrated! Nearly dropped it!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

[Linked Image][/URL.

So I'm on my phone scrolling down this thread and get to this picture and the damned thing vibrated! Nearly dropped it!

laugh laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

That was a Walmart clearance one at $169. Normally, I would scope it, as my old eyes don't care for open sights. But, I'm beginning to like it as it is. I've killed a few squirrels, turtles, and some birds with it, in addition to the coyote. It is like every other 10-22 I've had.........very accurate and will shoot anything. I shot that coyote with some LR solids that I was I was wanting to shoot up. It came with a very nice carrying case, and I thought I'd leave it in there, put some ammo and a few other survival items in, and keep it for an emergency. But, it shoots to sweet to just forget about it.

I just got one this summer at a grocery store going out of the gun business... mine is SS with a couple other nice touches. The price was about 75 bucks higher than your deal, but I'll pay that for SS most any day! I put an old 3x Leupold on it because they cannot be broken, even by a 10-22. And it shoots!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.