Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
This is what it looks like when a major storm crashes into a beach community. (apologies if this clip is redundant).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was there not long ago. The town is all but destroyed.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My prayers for everyone impacted by the hurricane. Seeing those pictures reminds me of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Riding a hurricane out is something I never want to do again.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

best wishes to all the residents.......

Trump will be there !

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yep, i remember Katrina like it was yesterday, not fun at all.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hudge
My prayers for everyone impacted by the hurricane. Seeing those pictures reminds me of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Riding a hurricane out is something I never want to do again.

Some folks never learn from the past, Hudge and you always have those who think a State’s leadership is only crying wolf. Lots of that.

Then,,,of course, you have the “tuff guys “ who are going to stick it out.

As long as gasoline and diesel burns, folks need to get out of harms way. Sad when they don’t and even sadder when they can’t.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 miles per hour below a Cat 5 storm,,,,shiit that's fake news footage there, nothing to worry about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised it's still there. Panama City, etc is nothing but sand bars.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn.......Used to go camp and fish a lot between St Andrews and Mexico Beach when I was a kid. Love that area.

Sounds like most of the folks west of there got off relativity easy?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I wonder if TLee is still in Florida. A year or so ago he was traveling north to avoid a hurricane and basically said he was getting too old to run for his life and was going to migrate to a daughters place or some such thing.

Haven't noticed a post from him for awhile. Maybe he's busy herding his cats... I think he was having some health issues like a lot of us. Don't know him but miss his posts and humor.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WhiteFawn
I wonder if TLee is still in Florida. A year or so ago he was traveling north to avoid a hurricane and basically said he was getting too old to run for his life and was going to migrate to a daughters place or some such thing.

Haven't noticed a post from him for awhile. Maybe he's busy herding his cats... I think he was having some health issues like a lot of us. Don't know him but miss his posts and humor.

I, too, have wondered about Ole T. It would be good to hear from him here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a mess. I can't imagine dealing with that. I'm counting myself blessed today.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Build on a beach...your going to it to get it at some point .....if u build on a freeway ,don't be surprised if one day u end up a sail cat....just sayin

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Most of those images are the aftermath. Imagine the storm surge that deposited the debris on top of the road and bridges and far inland. I know for Katrina, in one of the places that I fish, the storm surge was in excess of 18ft. I personally witnessed washing machines and debris in the tops of what trees remained, and on top of boat slips with really high roofs. It's hard to fathom looking up from the deck of my boat, and seeing debris that high up. It's surreal.

Wish them the best. It will be a years long recovery.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sad situation. Our church is still working to help folks from the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. Now we have Florence to deal with, in eastern N.C. and S.C. I’m not sure how we will get down there to help with Michael. I’m sure that we will at least send funds. Got hurricane fatigue around here right now. Living in the Carolinas is typically a pretty sweet deal. Right now.....not so much. Prayers for the fine folks in Florida.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I cant imagine homes blown awsy and 2 story motels and apts still left standing after 150 mph.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here in flyover country, (Minnesota) we get some bad winter weather, but I'll take my chances with our cold and snow in stead of what these folks in Florida are going through. I'm a very lucky man to have not had to experience that first hand. Prayers and best wishes sent to all those impacted by this killer storm. Mother Nature can be a really nasty bitch when she wants to be.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Best of luck to them, hurricanes are devastating.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Sad situation. Our church is still working to help folks from the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. Now we have Florence to deal with, in eastern N.C. and S.C. I’m not sure how we will get down there to help with Michael. I’m sure that we will at least send funds. Got hurricane fatigue around here right now. Living in the Carolinas is typically a pretty sweet deal. Right now.....not so much. Prayers for the fine folks in Florida.

Don't worry disaster relief teams from the entire northeast are rushing down there. All kidding aside, Prayers to all those people, I have been thru these things and they are beyond belief.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6mmbrfan, 10 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,556
Posts18,510,431
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.