Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
She's still an idiot Marxist and must be defeated.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
oh and I wish her luck in getting a tribal number so she can share their free health care. Ahh but she already has that as a senator.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've had my DNA examined by Ancestry and was pretty impressed with the results. It identified relatives correctly that I had no easily seen connections with and that lived in different parts of the country. From family history as well as ancestry research, my sixth great grandmother was supposedly a Cherokee woman. The census records support that claim, but who knows if she really was or not? If it is true that would put me about 1/256 th Cherokee. For someone whose family has lived in the South Eastern Part of the country for a couple of hundred years being part Cherokee or Creek is probably likely and normal. But for me to claim that I was Cherokee would be like making a big pot of cream of tomato soup, saying that I threw one pea into it and claiming it is now pea soup. It just isn't...

Harry
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by satx78247
Ringman,

That sounds like that you are a "good 'ole American mutt" like most of us.

Fyi, I'm of English, Scots, Irish & NA ancestry. = Our family was BANISHED from the UK to "the colonies" in the early 1600s & intermarried with the local Amer-Indians EARLY in VA, NC & SC.
(POCAHONTAS, daughter of deep Stream & Little fawn was my 14th Grandmother, through her youngest daughter, Cleopatra Rolfe-Smith.)

yours, tex

I wish I was a mutt. I had mine done by ancestry.com and I came back 100 percent Celtic (Irish/Scottish - it did not differentiate). Fortunately, my kids have more genetic diversity.

A little hybred vigor is a good thing.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep breeding Dalmatians back to Dalmatians and before long half of every litter is deaf or has the one green/one blue eye thing goin on

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by persiandog

according to gedmatch,com

# Population Percent
-------------------------------------------
9 Amerindian 0.95

not sure what to make of it , any idea ?

From now on I'm calling you Sitting Bull.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
oh and I wish her luck in getting a tribal number so she can share their free health care. Ahh but she already has that as a senator.

rainshot,

Fwiw, FAUXCAHONTAS Warren is UNACCEPTABLE to ANY NA Tribe, inasmuch as you must be at least 1/32 Native to be enrolled & only then IF you have family members who are already enrollees, who possess a CDIB.
Further, we REAL Native folk say that, "She speaks with a forked tongue, like a snake."

REAL AIs thoroughly despise FAKERS, WANNABEES & knowing LIARS, as they are a source of SHAME to our people.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My mother told me we were part Cherokee.

Can I claim to be a Senator?

Retired cat herder.

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Yes being an enrolled tribal member is what makes you an American Indian in U.S.GOV. terms

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One irony being that you could be a full-fledged adopted tribal member back then and have not a drop of Indian blood. Weren't no certificates or paper, you was just one of them.

Last occasion I am aware of there was a older White guy like that at Onondaga (IIRC) back in the 1970's, "he is us" as one fullblood speaker put it. The guy had come from a disfunctional home as a kid, prob'ly in the 1920's, was friends with some local Indian kids, and the parents just sorta took him in.

OTOH, there is some sort of Indian Adoption Act or whatever nowadays where only an enrolled Indian can adopt an Indian. I know up on the Northern Plains your tribal ID lists your blood quotient down to 1/64th. We had a guy from South Dakota live with us for a while some years back, looked White, was officially Indian. His mom died and he never did get formally adopted, just sorta kicked around the Rez growing up.

I've had students who were of American Indian parentage, enrolled parents living down here off the Rez, who avoided enrolling on the tribal rolls until they were 17 or 18, the fear being that if some tragedy took both their parents they would be sent back to the Rez. once older, they enrolled so as to be eligible for college grants etc....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Been meaning to get DNA testing done for some time I know my mother is basically 100% Irish(1st cousin did 23 & Me). My paternal Grandfather is likely pretty much 100% Czech...the rest is hard to say, have relatives through my Paternal grandmother that I don't know much about...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could have more Native American blood than Warren, I have no idea what my Irish ancestors did in Canada and I couldn't care less. I claim that ancestry once a year, March 17th.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (222ND, 22250rem, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 46 invisible), 2,138 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,232
Posts18,504,391
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.