Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Conservative as they get. I've hunted with him several times."

So why is he a Democrat? Ask him if he voted for Obama or Hildebeast.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, I pay attention, but only to see if it mirrors my view.

Candidate B - "Wolf in sheep's clothing".

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The NRA will endorse a candidate that has a record of voting to uphold the 2A. Many times that guy is a slug. Any democrat especially in the house will have to hold the party line or else suffer the consequences. Democrats can get permission to vote across party lines when it will benefit them in an election cycle like Manchin did. I pay attention but ultimately I vote republican. There is so much at stake it is foolish to take a chance on a democrat. It's hard enough to find a republican that actually believes in the constitution as it was written.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't pay attention to NRA anything.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My FIRST consideration on any candidate is their stance on the SECOND amendment.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
It’s based on their voting record if they have one. If none, it’s based on answers to a questionnaire.

Mark Begich lied on the form when running for us senate, and NRA gave him an “A” rating, even after being part of Bloomberg’s ‘mayors against guns’.

Vote what you know.

Bagitch also ordered the destruction of hundreds of guns held by the city as evidence or lost property. It took Wayne Anthony Ross suing to stop it. This was after Knowles had been stopped by the courts the same way.

On the latest go-around they gave Bagitch a ? after being in elected office for over 10 years?!?!

They gave him an A- and he barely beat Ted Stevens whose now over-turned guilty verdict was fresh. We got 6 years of Bagitch due at least in part to the NRA. I do not trust them nor use their ratings. Liiiissa will get an A in 2022 and I will vote for anyone else.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Wondering about my congressional district and their endorsement. It appears that they have grossly overlooked my district or just didn't do their homework.

Candidate A: RINO. Career "politician". Our daughter roomed with his daughter at college. I doubt he even has a handgun for self defense...or which end of a deer rifle goes bang...but he's a Republican so he gets a A, and NRA's pick.

Candidate B: Young guy, Democrat, black. Tremendous family, good as gold. He owns a farm. Salt of the earth. He's a deer hunter from birth, can "talk guns" with anyone and is a staunch 2A supporter. Conservative as they get. I've hunted with him several times. Passes up 140 class bucks so he can get a 160. Married, two children..."Yes sir, no sir, thank you" type of children. Wife taught his children and they were great. He gets a solid "F".

?

Will he vote "yes" to confirm a conservative supreme court justice?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by lastround
Wondering about my congressional district and their endorsement. It appears that they have grossly overlooked my district or just didn't do their homework.

Candidate A: RINO. Career "politician". Our daughter roomed with his daughter at college. I doubt he even has a handgun for self defense...or which end of a deer rifle goes bang...but he's a Republican so he gets a A, and NRA's pick.

Candidate B: Young guy, Democrat, black. Tremendous family, good as gold. He owns a farm. Salt of the earth. He's a deer hunter from birth, can "talk guns" with anyone and is a staunch 2A supporter. Conservative as they get. I've hunted with him several times. Passes up 140 class bucks so he can get a 160. Married, two children..."Yes sir, no sir, thank you" type of children. Wife taught his children and they were great. He gets a solid "F".

?

Candidate “B” may be, as you say, a great guy and conservative NOW. Put him in Washington under the democrat liberal thumb and I fear things would change. It’s all about control of Congress! Our’s or Their’s..........

The first thing candidate B would do is vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. No thanks.

To answer the op, no, I don't pay any attention to their endorsement.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If B is so conservative then why is he in a party that is the least conservative. You cant trust them to vote the issues only the party line. So we have to vote that way until that changes. Better to vote in a rino than a for sure no vote on the Trump agenda.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Timberlake
My FIRST consideration on any candidate is their stance on the SECOND amendment.

Agreed.

And that assessment has nothing to do with the NRA.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not so much after they endorsed Harry Reid

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, I pay attention, if someone is anti 2A they will never get my vote. I live in New Jersey, all the Dimwits are anti 2A, pro illegal immigration and pro abortion, they will never get my vote!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
It’s based on their voting record if they have one. If none, it’s based on answers to a questionnaire.

Mark Begich lied on the form when running for us senate, and NRA gave him an “A” rating, even after being part of Bloomberg’s ‘mayors against guns’.

Vote what you know.

Bagitch also ordered the destruction of hundreds of guns held by the city as evidence or lost property. It took Wayne Anthony Ross suing to stop it. This was after Knowles had been stopped by the courts the same way.

On the latest go-around they gave Bagitch a ? after being in elected office for over 10 years?!?!

They gave him an A- and he barely beat Ted Stevens whose now over-turned guilty verdict was fresh. We got 6 years of Bagitch due at least in part to the NRA. I do not trust them nor use their ratings. Liiiissa will get an A in 2022 and I will vote for anyone else.

Liiisa is a special case.

Some years ago in a primary, she claimed the higher 2A ground vs Mike Miller because he doesn’t have a hunting license.
Bet he’s a bigger shooter than her weekend a year at duck camp - if they still do that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Do I review the NRA ratings? Yes. Does it influence my vote? No. I already know who I am going to vote for in each slot. However, it does provide a certain level of confirmation bias.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I read them and will use them if not sure about a new candidate with the exception of - no democrats, ever.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Vote what you know.

Liiisa is a special case.

Some years ago in a primary, she claimed the higher 2A ground vs Mike Miller because he doesn’t have a hunting license.
Bet he’s a bigger shooter than her weekend a year at duck camp - if they still do that.

Joe's "problem" was getting a "low-income" fishing license.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
On the 2nd, obviously.

Also, like to read any additional background info the NRA prints on candidates. That can be hard to come by in FL, as the dims often try to hide the fact they're dims in so many "non-partisan" elections.

Non-partisan, my ass.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

?

If he's a Democrat he's a liar. Plain and simple. He will vote with the rest of the liars.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The NRA endorsed Casey Cagle for governor of Georgia in the election primaries. They were way off
base on that. I emailed and called them about their choice. The NRA never responded to my email and
just gave me political doubletalk on my phone call.

Luckily the people of Georgia knew the difference and Cagle was defeated by a substancial margin. You
could call it a butt kicking.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,082
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.