T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Mike74
[Linked Image]

I lusted after an S-10 Blazer as a youth. lol. Not many around anymore but a few!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image]

The coyotes got that one eh? grin

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Grouse camp, NE MN
[Linked Image]

NW WI Deer camp
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
roundoak,

What size wall tent is that?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]
This is our second camp ( Stone Camp--- built in the 1930's )
Red Camp is our First.
[Linked Image]
Both camps surrounded by basically thousands of acres of hardwoods -- 270 acres of private hunting in New York attached to 900 acres public Hunting in NY and attached to 2000 acres public hunting in Vermont. Both camps are next to each other at the end of a dead end hollow.
The 1 acre of land my father bought in 1954 for $40 to build it, included forever hunting and restricted woodcutting rights on the remaining 100+ acres of woods that the 1 acre parcel was subdivided out of. Hunting rights can include anyone hunting out of our camp. Present owner ( hunter ) doesn't like it --- but knew it before he bought it. We do respect his property. Note --- Photo of Red Camp -- Bear used the post of the porch for his mark -2 post clawed up----- Web
----- Camp in nearby South Arlington Vt. that my Father hunted out of
[Linked Image]
also nearby the very famous South Hollow Hunting Camp in Vermont
[Linked Image]

Last edited by wldthg; 10/25/18.

[Linked Image]
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I like these posts. I almost bumped a similar topic from 10 or so years ago. Great photos on display here.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
[Linked Image]

I lusted after an S-10 Blazer as a youth. lol. Not many around anymore but a few!

I had that one in the late 90's. It was a pretty good rig.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some of you all have some fancy camps. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't for me.

For deer, elk and antelope here in WY, I usually sleep in the front seat of my pickup. If I eat dinner at all, I just heat up a can of stew on a small single burner stove on my tailgate and eat packaged stuff for breakfast and lunch. I like to be mobile and being fancy with the cooking doesn't work well for me.
If I am in the backcountry for elk or deer, I have just a small dome tent and my jet boil with Mountain House.

If it is going to be dry, sometimes I just use a tarp, like at snowCOCK camp this year.
[Linked Image]

I have a nice wall tent, but way too much time and energy is wasted getting an actual camp set up for me. When I hunted off horseback it was sometimes different, but not always.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dooger
roundoak,

8'x10'

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
[Linked Image]

I had that one in the late 90's. It was a pretty good rig.

You have the 4.3 in that? That motor is/was damn near bullet proof.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No it was a 2.8. It was very durable but did lack the power going up mountains.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by Dooger
roundoak,

8'x10'

Thanks! I’m thinking about a smaller one for solo trips and summer camping with the wife and kids. Do you think you’d rather have a 10x12?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, if you notice, there is only one chair at the tent entrance. I hunt solo with this tent.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Some of you all have some fancy camps. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't for me.

For deer, elk and antelope here in WY, I usually sleep in the front seat of my pickup. If I eat dinner at all, I just heat up a can of stew on a small single burner stove on my tailgate and eat packaged stuff for breakfast and lunch. I like to be mobile and being fancy with the cooking doesn't work well for me.
If I am in the backcountry for elk or deer, I have just a small dome tent and my jet boil with Mountain House.

If it is going to be dry, sometimes I just use a tarp, like at snowCOCK camp this year.
[Linked Image]

I have a nice wall tent, but way too much time and energy is wasted getting an actual camp set up for me. When I hunted off horseback it was sometimes different, but not always.

Me.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wldthg
[Linked Image]
This is our second camp ( Stone Camp--- built in the 1930's )
Red Camp is our First.
[Linked Image]
Both camps surrounded by basically thousands of acres of hardwoods -- 270 acres of private hunting in New York attached to 900 acres public Hunting in NY and attached to 2000 acres public hunting in Vermont. Both camps are next to each other at the end of a dead end hollow.
The 1 acre of land my father bought in 1954 for $40 to build it, included forever hunting and restricted woodcutting rights on the remaining 100+ acres of woods that the 1 acre parcel was subdivided out of. Hunting rights can include anyone hunting out of our camp. Present owner ( hunter ) doesn't like it --- but knew it before he bought it. We do respect his property. Note --- Photo of Red Camp -- Bear used the post of the porch for his mark -2 post clawed up----- Web
----- Camp in nearby South Arlington Vt. that my Father hunted out of
[Linked Image]
also nearby the very famous South Hollow Hunting Camp in Vermont
[Linked Image]

That's an amazing camp and a really cool story of how you got it! Thanks for posting the pics.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Here is ours. No neat old history. Same bunch of guys for the last 8-9 years. This is actually a cabin our neighbors let us use in exchange for pasture rent. A nice little trout stream about 100' from door.

[Linked Image]

They put this up for a carport, but we find it more useful for this purpose. Last season we had all five beams with hanging deer and a couple on the ground.

[Linked Image]

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks tzone--- There are about 10 + more camps in the nearby area that I known of and many many more over in nearby Vermont that I never new existed.. Our red camp gets used by a party of 5-7 hunters for the better part of First week of Vermont and First week of New York--- Nov-9th- 24 or so and then weekends. Most of the other camps in the area ,Hunters are hit or miss in and out. We by far have been the most regular since 1972. Camps are in this area a dying breed--- youth love them . for party--- camps were built in the woods in the 40's and 50's--- much larger deer herd and easier to shoot a buck setting at the edge of the farm land 10 miles away than to hunt the bigger woods. Which I understand their reasoning and their type of hunting. Much much more to hunting out of one of these camps with family and friends in breaking bread and drolling grog in front of a fireplace than figuring out which way the wind is blowing before you take that last piss 100 yards before you approach your deer stand that frosty morn. Thanks Keep your powder dry Web

[Linked Image]
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wldthg
Much much more to hunting out of one of these camps with family and friends in breaking bread and drolling grog in front of a fireplace than figuring out which way the wind is blowing before you take that last piss 100 yards before you approach your deer stand that frosty morn. Thanks Keep your powder dry Web

You got it. That's what it's all about!

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.