Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
It's hard to wrap your head around this much destruction.... beyond sad!

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

I have gotten news mostly from radio. The poor folks that lost everything but maybe their car and clothes they're wearing. Heartbreaking. Hopes for those affected.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
irfubar,

Condolences to your friends on their loss. Looks like a nice place they had. Glad they got out.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I have gotten news mostly from radio. The poor folks that lost everything but maybe their car and clothes they're wearing. Heartbreaking. Hopes for those affected.

Definitely bitter sweet....My sister inlaw was communicating with a first responder friend on Facebook that is working the fire and he just sent this photo of my parents house

unbelievable
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes. During training we were told that about 1 mile is the upper limit for a fire brand.

I have personally seen them at 4 miles. Still red hot and the size of a base ball.

Yes, when schit really gets bad, the fuel is going to burn. I have never seen an area ignition, but I have been around some blow ups. Nearly always because of a Foehn wind event or a cold frontal passage.

Trouble is that the firestorm rarely got started as a chimney fire.

A person just about has to live like the fire department does not exist, because when schit gets really bad.....it wont.

Heavily wooded and densely suburban areas are just another fuel type.

Its too late when it becomes a fire storm, but it didn't have to become one.

Good luck California.

This post can’t be over-emphasized enough! As I’m planning my build up north in a temperate rainforest no less where forest fires aren’t as mich of a concern as other areas I’m planning my own fire suppression/prevention approach. One thing I learned is that the same company that makes my downriggers also makes my hydrant wrench. 🙄

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My parents live directly across from Bille Park and they've been told there house and some around them were not burned, but they have not been able to get back up there to verify,

mom said the fire was 8 miles wide coming towards Paradise, pretty scary for those involved, they were warned about 8:30 am and they left there place a little after 9:00 and it took them over 4 hours to drive down the Skyway to Chico normaly a 25 min ride, a lot of good people have lost everything, continue to pray for the folks they have a long road ahead of them!

Ackleyfan,

I got married in Billie park!

And Valsdad , thank you, my friends are alive, healthy and doing fine....... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes. During training we were told that about 1 mile is the upper limit for a fire brand.

I have personally seen them at 4 miles. Still red hot and the size of a base ball.

Eagle Creek fire in the Columbia Gorge in 2017 jumped the Columbia. Not sure how far it is where it jumped, but I'd guess it's at least a mile.

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
My parents live directly across from Bille Park and they've been told there house and some around them were not burned, but they have not been able to get back up there to verify,

mom said the fire was 8 miles wide coming towards Paradise, pretty scary for those involved, they were warned about 8:30 am and they left there place a little after 9:00 and it took them over 4 hours to drive down the Skyway to Chico normaly a 25 min ride, a lot of good people have lost everything, continue to pray for the folks they have a long road ahead of them!

Ackleyfan,

I got married in Billie park!

And Valsdad , thank you, my friends are alive, healthy and doing fine....... smile

irfubar it's a small world, my parents say it's still popular for weddings and such!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ackleyfan,
I am glad your parents house survived..... it looks beautiful

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am so sorry for the loss these people have suffered. I was in agreement with Sal about California politics and didn't think what my statement would mean to folks actually affected by the fire.

This destruction is hideous. I am at a loss for words. My brother was going to Chico this Wednesday and had to cancel last minute. My good friend and old platoon sergeant lives outside of Marysville and would have been swept away if the Oroville dam had let go. Living was easy in California for the longest time. This stuff is sobering.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Town of Paradise just released a damage report from a small, very limited initial survey.

Initial Damage Report

23 pages worth..... Based on the current suspected numbers of destroyed structures, the final report would be near 300 pages, so this is very initial in scope.

All of Maxwell Dr. is gone, so my good friends house is no longer standing - his address is on the list. frown

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Gov. Jerry Brown said California is requesting aid from the Trump administration. President Donald Trump has blamed "poor" forest management for the fires. Brown told a press briefing that federal and state governments must do more forest management but said that's not the source of the problem.

"Managing all the forests in everywhere we can does not stop climate change," Brown said. "And those who deny that are definitely contributing to the tragedies that we're now witnessing, and will continue to witness in the coming years."

Per FOX news....

What in the holy fugg kinda crack are these stupid ass-holes smoking?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wait....are you making fun of Californians in this time of crisis?

Seems like I took an ass kicking for that a few days ago.. 🤔

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella

You took an ass kicking for making stupid comments same as Jerry is here.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Higbean

"Managing all the forests in everywhere we can does not stop climate change," Brown said. "And those who deny that are definitely contributing to the tragedies that we're now witnessing, and will continue to witness in the coming years."

One of the lamest comments I've heard from the moron. The clown is brain dead.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean

You took an ass kicking for making stupid comments same as Jerry is here.

You self righteous sob.
GFY.

You, quite literally, wished burning death on the entire State of California because you hate Gavin Newsome.

Jerry Brown just said anybody that doesn't believe in climate change is complicit in the deaths caused by a wildfire.

Are you gonna defend either?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh please..

How many Threads are there daily on this site that just despise Californians?

Get over yourself dude.

Proud NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have always been worried that climate change will be eventually used as a great excuse for Non-Action.

You would either spend all your time preoccupied with the wrong problem, or go lay down because the problem is too big.

Crazy what the good Gov said.

I am MAGA.
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
In my estimation, both Trump AND Brown don't have a real solid understanding of the challenges of the urban/wildland interface, unique Butte County geography, and the additional multiple compounding issues (lack of precip, soil moisture, native chaparral, etc) that contributed to this fire.

Not to mention, probably PG&E azzhats.

There is no magic bullet. But those dipchits have LITERALLY NO CLUE.

ETA: I mean "dipchits" in relation to this issue. (Actually, I mean Brown as a dipchit in relation to ANY issue.......)

Last edited by duck911; 11/11/18.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm heading up there tomorrow to stay in son's off the grid house until they reopen the town to the public. There have been reports of looters and that ain't gonna happen on my watch. I'm bringing a husky chainsaw, a quadrunner, dvd's, a kindle full of books, and a magnum 870.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1936M71, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,636
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.