-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know how many people here, how many times have said on various matters to just roll with it and fight it out in court when the police arrest you for something that isn't illegal in the first place. I guess guns are different.

This is what comes when folks just let stuff happen for years and years and then it happens to them or they can finally envision it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who gets to report these red flags?

I'm thinking red flag calls against every police officer and every elected official in Maryland...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Before 2018, five states had some version of red flag laws.[7] After the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida, in 2018, that number more than doubled, as more states enacted such laws:[8][9] Florida,[10] Vermont,[11] Maryland,[12] Rhode Island,[13] New Jersey,[14] Delaware,[15] Massachusetts,[16] and Illinois.[17] Other state legislatures considered similar legislation.[18][3][19][20]

the British are coming.

I recall that many on this site were indignant that the 'authorities' missed the 'red flags' and that prior action would have prevented the shooting. Many also believe that ex felons should regain their gun ownership rights.

The simple fact is that politicians, the law makers, are both incapable and unwilling to address the problem and that gun confiscation and regulation gives them power and is the default remedy.

The only realistic answer is for individuals to be self reliant. Acquire training, knowledge and weapons and refuse to be a victim. In today's political climate repression is to be expected and should be planned for. Having off the books guns and dispersing the locations of same may be a good plan for some.

Unfortunately self reliance is too difficult for many.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't know how many people here, how many times have said on various matters to just roll with it and fight it out in court when the police arrest you for something that isn't illegal in the first place. I guess guns are different.
This is what comes when folks just let stuff happen for years and years and then it happens to them or they can finally envision it.

Well thats the big question isnt it. What are you willing to sacrifice? You have two options. Legal or Physical.

If the Law with lots of guns and personnel comes to your house with a signed warrant to get your guns and you are there with your family, kids etc. What do you do?

What do you do?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So if you think you'll get your guns back in any kind of the same condition you had them stolen in, after the court fight, dream on. I bought a batch of rifles that had been confiscated by the police. Most were NIB Savage 99's a few decades old. Two were engraved models worth thousands of $ each. The police threw them in the trunk of a squad car and they were all scratched to sheit, Wood and metal. It looks like they made every effort possible to teach the owner a lesson about messing with the police, even removing the ones in the boxes so they could be damaged along with the unboxed ones.

To me, the police are nothing more than criminals the way they disrespect a citizens property and rights. I can't imagine how I would have reacted at 5am either. Probably would have had a shootout in the living room.

Where's the GD sense of decency anymore? Are the police such disattached sociopaths that they have no awareness of what a citizens rights are, or how to behave as something less than animals?

And people wonder why the police are despised? Do you ever listen to them speak? With their language they somehow seem to have a disconnect with the empathy and compassion centers in their personality and are running in robot mode, "7 civilians were pronounced deceased at the scene"... WTF is that? Those cops need a serious bitch slapping.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like few posters on this site even GAF. The debate on whether the .270 outshines the 30-06 is a lot more important.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am surprised that a case on these laws has not gotten to SCOTUS yet; I did not know that there were as many as there are that have enacted these type laws going back to 1999.

Needs to get there................soon, very soon.

MM

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I thought that the police were just like us and would NEVER go door to door confiscating guns since doing so absent due process would be unconstitutional?

The mere accusation is enough to suspend due process and the constitutional protections afforded to us by our creator.

That's what I was waiting for.

6 pages and not a single comment on the actions of the LEO that "Followed Orders" to illegally confiscate a persons property without Due Process, until your's.

Law like these cannot succeed unless our LEO are ready, willing and able to Confiscate your firearms.

We hear and read over and over that LEO are on the Side of the Second Amendment and would never even thing about Confiscation without Due process, and here we are again. Following orders in spite of the Constitution.

Moral, never answer the door unless you know who is on the other side. If it is LEO, Do Not Answer, Ever. If they break down the door down, shoot the criminals.

Last edited by steve4102; 11/12/18.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Remember many of the NAZI's said that they were just following orders too.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
A couple of counties over, 450 square miles but less than 8,000 people. They have a young sheriff and he said he hopes for gun registration. I've argued with him over it and it's amazing his 'thinking' on the matter. It shows how easy it is for this kind of crap to creep into areas.

He ran uncontested, but I'll be watching there closely in the future and making people aware.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
A couple of counties over, 450 square miles but less than 8,000 people. They have a young sheriff and he said he hopes for gun registration. I've argued with him over it and it's amazing his 'thinking' on the matter. It shows how easy it is for this kind of crap to creep into areas.

He ran uncontested, but I'll be watching there closely in the future and making people aware.

Has he advertised that sentiment?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Looks like few posters on this site even GAF. The debate on whether the .270 outshines the 30-06 is a lot more important.

Probably because it happened in Maryland. If one chooses to live in one of the Commie states they need to expect to live under Commie law.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I thought that the police were just like us and would NEVER go door to door confiscating guns since doing so absent due process would be unconstitutional?

The mere accusation is enough to suspend due process and the constitutional protections afforded to us by our creator.

That's what I was waiting for.

6 pages and not a single comment on the actions of the LEO that "Followed Orders" to illegally confiscate a persons property without Due Process, until your's.

Law like these cannot succeed unless our LEO are ready, willing and able to Confiscate your firearms.

We hear and read over and over that LEO are on the Side of the Second Amendment and would never even thing about Confiscation without Due process, and here we are again. Following orders in spite of the Constitution.

Moral, never answer the door unless you know who is on the other side. If it is LEO, Do Not Answer, Ever. If they break down the door down, shoot the criminals.

Pension , benefits - power trip along the way smile ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Wow, Man, I've never heard of this law and I live here. I sure hope nobody wants to screw me and have my guns confiscated. This ain't right. Guilty until presumed innocent.

Stonecutter,

If you apply for a Maryland medical marijuana application the Md State police will come and get your guns before the permit is issued. At first, I thought this was propaganda...but it's true.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
So who gets to report these red flags?

I'm thinking red flag calls against every police officer and every elected official in Maryland...

Yep, I overheard Rick Scott say something like "This is it ... I've had enough ... I'm armed, and I'm going out in a bang." I should call the police and tell them about that so they can arrive at his residence at 5:00 AM and take his guns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is why one should never keep all one’s weapons in one’s house.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Good point.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

This

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Keep your bills of sale handy showing where you sold them all too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What guns? whistle

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.