Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
i didn't mean to start a firestorm of controversy here. we all like to respond to posts, and share similar or contradictory viewpoints.

a lot of extreme ultra left green environmentalists think we are way past the tipping point.

maybe they are wrong, maybe there's still time? maybe time isn't of the essence?

we have subdued the earth, but what to do next in an orderly fashion?

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just because people are starving does not mean that there is a population problem!

What the hell kind of argument is that?

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
let's face it, almost all, if not all adult human men & women love sex. it's so uplifting, enjoyable, etc. etc.

in the past without the guts of a goat or sheep or something similar to prevent conception, then conception could result.

time of the month for the female was also a factor. and certain "religious" practices also had an impact?

but now, with some 7.2 billion people, more or less, then do we need to approach the problem from a new direction?

we know people like sex. just look around. we see the effects of sex every day. they're walking the streets, some begging.

is there a problem with the basic design? or, can we overcome any basic design flaws with technology?

what we might have here is a failure to address some fundamental problems that might be creeping up on us?

as a societal effort should we be holding back on populating the earth as quickly as possible, or moving faster in that direction?

How well did the one child work out for China?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/13/18.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just because people are starving does not mean that there is a population problem!

What would identify a world population problem for you, Jim?

What kind of argument would it take?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Big Jim's too busy to make more keeds.

It don't take him long. grin grin grin

Damn, I amuse myself.

Sorry Jim.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Gus,

"The great achievements of civilizations have not come from government bureaus:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
let's face it, almost all, if not all adult human men & women love sex. it's so uplifting, enjoyable, etc. etc.

in the past without the guts of a goat or sheep or something similar to prevent conception, then conception could result.

time of the month for the female was also a factor. and certain "religious" practices also had an impact?

but now, with some 7.2 billion people, more or less, then do we need to approach the problem from a new direction?

we know people like sex. just look around. we see the effects of sex every day. they're walking the streets, some begging.

is there a problem with the basic design? or, can we overcome any basic design flaws with technology?

what we might have here is a failure to address some fundamental problems that might be creeping up on us?

as a societal effort should we be holding back on populating the earth as quickly as possible, or moving faster in that direction?

i think they implemented the option, voluntary or not. (there was penalities otherwise, taxes can be hell).

we all know it's tough to overide a huge, & strong biological urge. it's built-in, by evolutionary process?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

1) Logical
2) Reasonable
3) Rational

Next question?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Gus
we all know it's tough to overide a huge, & strong biological urge. it's built-in, by evolutionary process?

The logical means would be to infuse whatever grains, etc we export to "starving" nations with substances to at least temporarily sterilize the people that eat them. I say temporarily, because once they're able to feed themselves with locally grown stuff, then they could successfully reproduce right up to the limit the local food supply would support.

Y' know, that might not be a bad approach for inner city school lunches, too.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by T_O_M

1) Logical
2) Reasonable
3) Rational

Next question?

I was asking Jim and not for generalities, but for specific data. What would it take?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Religion has really helped f--- this up. Be fruitful and multiply. That directive may have made sense many years ago, but now helps create an overpopulated planet.

The verse says in total “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion” over all creation (Genesis 1:28). Note that it doesn't say that there's no end to it. Man has completed the task and the earth is full. There is no command to keep multiplying after the earth is full.

I see the only caveat to the command given to Adam and Eve is the one you added, which is found nowhere in Genesis or anywhere else in any of the half a dozen versions of the Bible I've seen. So does that mean that another version of the Bible will be dictated soon which clarifies, or are you just pulling that out of your ass, like all the other Bible-quoters?
Will you please quote the verse that says man is to keep breeding until mass starvation overwhelms the earth? God gave a command to 2 people and now there are 7 billion. Are you saying man is to just keep breeding forever?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus

i think they implemented the option, voluntary or not. (there was penalities otherwise, taxes can be hell).

Gus, you are a little behind on your current events and recent history.

One child is a disaster for China. They have an aging population and not enough people producing enough to take care of them.

They also have a shortage of women. Since the Chinese has a preference for boys, there we selectively aborting the girls, leaving a shortage of girls for the next generation.

As for penalties, if a woman became pregnant a second time, the penalty was government forced abortion and government forced sterilization.

Does that sound like a Utopian design to you?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

1) Logical
2) Reasonable
3) Rational

Next question?

Sounds like it would work for gun control too.

Seeing how there is gun crime and all. Must be too many guns.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

1) Logical
2) Reasonable
3) Rational

Next question?

I was asking Jim and not for generalities, but for specific data. What would it take?

Once it was decided that we could not cope with the current population.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
This nonsense is the same kind of nonsense that triggers such an emotional response with the Endangered Species Act.....except for in reverse.

Since there are lots of people in New York City....there must be too many people every where.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Population problem? NO evidence such a problem exists.

Which planet are you on? This is absolutely nuckin' futz. Look how many people are starving in Africa, Asia, or even in our inner cities

Gus ... the end game is famine leading to wars over the scraps. Malthus predicted the end game in 1798 with his book. He was correct then, nothing has changed 'cept technological (including medical) advances pushing carrying capacity outwards. One day we will encounter or create a bug we can't stop and about 98% of the earth's population will be dead within a year or less. It's not "if", it is "when." I suspect you know that the same as I do. Whole lotta people are whistling as they pass the graveyard.

Tom

Those starving in Africa, Asia and our inner cities are a self-inflicted problem by the so-called starving people themselves. Darwin keeps trying to scrub the inferior parasites of the species from the planet and the do-gooders keep rescuing them from themselves putting further strain on the resources of the planet.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

1) Logical
2) Reasonable
3) Rational

Next question?

Once it was decided that we could not cope with the current population.

It will be far too late by then.

With the rate of illegal immigration going up and up and up, even walls won't keep them out.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This nonsense is the same kind of nonsense that triggers such an emotional response with the Endangered Species Act.....except for in reverse.

Since there are lots of people in New York City....there must be too many people every where.

So when there are not too many people in every corner of the planet, then there are not too many people period - no problem?

Ever heard the saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" figure that many billions of times over in this case.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There has never been a species that felt so guilty for merely existing.

Crazy.

So, without a big shot of emotion, explain the problem?

Duh! Like there are too many people man! Duh!

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There has never been a species that felt so guilty for merely existing.

Crazy.

So, without a big shot of emotion, explain the problem?

Duh! Like there are too many people man! Duh!

Or there has never been a species that can and should see the writing on the wall before it grazes its pasture to dust.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.