Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 43 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 42 43
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who said that? shocked

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Play store: Firefox
Firefox: Add Ons: uBlock Origin shocked

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
You started this thread with bitching, then you're given the solution several times over - and you bitch about that!

Sonny, listen up or shut up.

Rocky,
Always liked you.

You're just not seeing the big picture. You said it yourself. You don't even carry a phone. As Flave said, anymore a phone is a computer. There are more reasons than the Fire for me to run Chrome that I am not going to divulge here, nor waste my time explaining. Briefly, I have software for my business that runs on Chrome. I was a senior level IT guy for many years over a 3 decade career, so I kinda know a little of what I'm talking about.

Chrome is the Google browser that has a user base of 2 billion. Ublock Origin is simply a plugin app for several browsers.

And finally, I'm not blaming Rick. I'm actually working with him through a 3rd party to help him resolve the problem. It is also WAY in his best interest to do so.

Please don't become an ass like somebody else here is trying so desperately to be. It seems like one troll can control so many people's minds on this forum anymore.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/29/18.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RickBin
How's things now?

No problem at all. Lol

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick, just got another one. Sorry.

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ad T78.net
Congratulations! You've won an iPhone 9!!
(Ain't I lucky? 10th time this week!)

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That sucks!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, it looks like we may have identified it. Turned it back off. Please let me know if it cleans up.

Might clean cookies first.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So far I have been able to look at a page for more than minute and not been sent to one of the you win sites...typing is slow to respond though.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
hell no, I gotta fuggin flip phone. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"New instamessage says your video is ready to play. Just click here" (redirect)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dear Lucky user,

FridayNovember 30, 2018

Congratulations Lucky user! You are one of the 10 users we personally selected for a chance receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card or $1,000 Walmart Gift Card!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickBin
How's things now?

Bad as ever as of two minutes ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory

Dear Lucky user,

FridayNovember 30, 2018

Congratulations Lucky user! You are one of the 10 users we personally selected for a chance receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card or $1,000 Walmart Gift Card!

And again.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Dear Lucky user,

FridayNovember 30, 2018

And again.

Yep, could hardly make use of my iPhone for the Fire today. Now back at my MacBook. No problems on it, ever.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This chyt has gotta jump regionally around the country.

I ain't been hit all day( fingers crossed)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
This chyt has gotta jump regionally around the country.

I ain't been hit all day( fingers crossed)

Have no fear, there's plenty to go around. You'll get yours... wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK guys, made another change.

Feedback please. Since I can't make it happen here I need feedback from those who are affected.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick,
I went by my local T-mobile office today to see what light they could shed on the problem. Here are some takebacks from that conversation. Bear in mind, I carry no malice for you. This is simply a technical problem in need of an answer. I spent a 30 year career as an IT problem solver. As you are well aware and practicing, you just keep pecking away until you eliminate the root cause. I was not a web guy. I was a database guy, so please bear with me if I get bogged down in something off topic.

1. They believe it may be coming in as a biproduct of your ads. (In my time, we used to have hackers running up and down the ports on our servers, looking for a soft spot. We had specific ports dedicated to specific aspects of the business, and of course, many many that were not pre-assigned). Quick question: For example, have you checked port 1080 to see if anything or what is coming through there? Do you use a host file? You could also check to see if that's been modified.
2. They have seen this before on both iPhones and Androids. So, it is equal opportunty privacy invasion. It apparently started with iPhones and mutated over to Droids.
3. I went through my phone's settings and disabled pop-ups and re-directs from all sites other than one of my banking apps. Yours was ome of tjem im that list.
4. Depending on how you resolve ip addresses, if you use DNS and where your DNS origimates from, and if the re-directs are static or floating ip, you may be able to kill them using their url and ip. That is another thing I am doing on my phone. On my Galaxy S6, if presented with a lower case "i" circled to the left of the url, you can click on the "i" and block that web address.

As I learn or find out more from the Droid side, I will share that with you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You had pop-ups allowed?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, it's a never-ending task in today's Net.

Question: howzit now?

Page 14 of 43 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,210
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.