Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
ChetAF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is why you should always use a 'inside the comfort-stretch waistband' holster while carrying in the grocery store:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46437709/man-accidentally-shoots-self-while-grocery-shopping-in-utah

SANDY — Police say a 67-year-old man accidentally shot himself while grocery shopping.

About 5:50 p.m. Wednesday, a man was shopping at Smith's, 10305 S. 1300 East, when he bent over for an item and a handgun fell out of his waistband, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen.

When the man picked it up, the gun went off, striking him in the right knee, Nielsen said.

No one else was injured. The man was transported to a local hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.

Nielsen said the man was lawfully allowed to carry the weapon. As of Thursday, no charges had been filed.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Here's your sign."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
In Utah??

Maybe he was trying to prevent himself from buying something evil. Like a Coke or a black coffee or something.

The temptation can be pretty bad sometimes!

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wouldn't have gone off if he hadn't put a finger (or thumb) on the trigger when he picked it up. Probably scrambling trying to get it picked up before someone noticed and not paying as much attention to where he was grabbing it.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
In Utah??

Maybe he was trying to prevent himself from buying something evil. Like a Coke or a black coffee or something.

yea he was in the 3.2% beer isle..........

picking up a 12 pk of Busch Light from the bottom shelf

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I saw an old guy carrying a single action revolver cocked in his leather cowboy holster at our local Piggly Wiggly. I just got away from him as fast as possible.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Those hammer springs can be pretty stiff.

Maybe he gets his kid to cock it before he leaves the house.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Wouldn't have gone off if he hadn't put a finger (or thumb) on the trigger when he picked it up. Probably scrambling trying to get it picked up before someone noticed and not paying as much attention to where he was grabbing it.

My thoughts as well. Just like that back flipping federal fool who shot a bystander when he picked up his fallen gun.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Geeeeesh......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you are packing a hi-cap 9 in Utah, you can't use the "15 Items" line at checkout.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Years ago I snatched at a loaded Glock that was falling off a high shelf. Scared the snot out of me and I switched to kydex holsters,so it would never happen again. I touched the gun before I stopped myself,but it could have been bad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In Utah??

burn in hell for a sip of Lipton iced tea but it's ok to marry your 12 year old daughter

ChetAF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
In Utah??

Yeah, I am sure that Smith's is a real den of iniquity.

The Utah town where I work had a murder last spring. Prior to that, the last murder was in May of 1965. While I am all for concealed carry, I do get a kick out of the old guys that have a Glock 19 with two extra magazines in their belt when they go into the local donut shop.

During the same timeframe, we have actually had three people struck by lightning.

I guess they will be ready for the apocalypse. That will sure make me look foolish when I have to run back to the truck.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
ChetAF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
In Utah??

burn in hell for a sip of Lipton iced tea but it's ok to marry your 12 year old daughter

That's 'daughters' thank you very much.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Man, the anti lds vibe is strong here.

Plenty to dislike about the culture of that area without getting [bleep] about it.

Montana MOFO
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeeze Louise folks.

I was baptized Catholic and was an alter boy. You think I never got teased??

Just having a bit of fun this morning.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Open carry would have prevented this.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Hope he didn’t shoot his dick off.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep, more evidence that only trained LEO's and military should possess firearms. The rest of us are bumbling idiots who shoot ourselves in grocery stores. I can't believe no charges have been filed!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tactical Grampie

glock 19 , 2 mags, extra batts for insulin pump

Clarks fuzzy house loafers, shopping for Sanka

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 15 invisible), 924 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.