Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Yep, more evidence that only trained LEO's and military should possess firearms. The rest of us are bumbling idiots who shoot ourselves in grocery stores. I can't believe no charges have been filed!

Not my feelings at all ,but the fat guy I see in Walmart with the Unkle Mike's soft holster and some model Highpoint hanging half way out the holster worries me.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by skeen
"Here's your sign."
That...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Utah is Utah. There's a predominant religion. It's also predominantly Republican, predominantly conservative, predominantly pro-gun, predominantly pro-hunting, and predominantly pro-business. With a comfortable climate, stupendous scenery, and endless outdoor sports options.

Ridiculing Utah reveals just how jealous you are.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

ChetAF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
Open carry would have prevented this.

Utah allows open carry.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ChetAF
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
In Utah??

Maybe he was trying to prevent himself from buying something evil. Like a Coke or a black coffee or something.

The temptation can be pretty bad sometimes!

Yeah, I am sure that Smith's is a real den of iniquity.

The Utah town where I work had a murder last spring. Prior to that, the last murder was in May of 1965. While I am all for concealed carry, I do get a kick out of the old guys that have a Glock 19 with two extra magazines in their belt when they go into the local donut shop.

During the same timeframe, we have actually had three people struck by lightning.

I guess they will be ready for the apocalypse. That will sure make me look foolish when I have to run back to the truck.

Said every guy that didn't have a gun when needed.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IMO, open carry makes this even more likely. MUCH higher chance of snagging the gun on something when you move or stretch. Concealed carry is protected carry.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I saw an old guy carrying a single action revolver cocked in his leather cowboy holster at our local Piggly Wiggly. I just got away from him as fast as possible.

LOL, the primal diet thread and this post reminded me about a situation I had, the primal thread on about how important it is for us aging men to keep leg and core strength, the old armed man in a store part came from me seeing an elderly guy just start listing to his right as I met him coming into a store as I was leaving.

I noticed it looked like his right leg and ankle area just quite working for him, or got weak or something, he threw his right arm out in the air like there was a wall there or some kind of support, I dropped my bag of sandwiches and cope, ran up and hipped the old guy on his right side with my left, and wrapped my left arm around his ribcage and back to hold him steady for a sec or two, and Yup, you guessed it, he had some sort of pistol strapped to his right side.

I have to wonder how/if he could use the damn thing without hurting himself or an innocent, I held him there till he regained his bearings, he thanked me and said, "damn son, you're fast" smile

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just read about a fellow in Texas some where that was visiting the meat dept.in his store when he felt his gun slipping and shot himself in the groin.

Some folks just need the drama i guess. smirk

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Just read about a fellow in Texas some where that was visiting the meat dept.in his store when he felt his gun slipping and shot himself in the groin.

Some folks just need the drama i guess. smirk

Gotta be a 24hr regular. smile

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"......when he bent over for an item and a handgun fell out of his waistband,...……."

Sometimes stupid hurts.

There's something to be said for a serviceable belt and holster.

Probably a stretchy waistband, short barreled handgun, carried roughly in the AIWB position. Bent over (with a healthy gut?) and dumped it right on the floor.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I was baptized Catholic and was an alter boy. You think I never got teased??

By “teased” I assume you meant “pounded.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's them safety triggers bein safe. LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can we safely assume it was a Glock?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
ChetAF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Hard to say. Maybe he was getting ready to throw-down over the last six-pack of 'Ensure' and had a cocked single action army.........

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carrying it cocked over an empty chamber makes it easier to “ fan it “ don’t you know.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I don't think so.

We can safely assume he pressed the trigger while picking it up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All levity aside, this is a good object lesson with two vital points:

1. Do not skimp on a holster. Security and safety ought to be your #1 priority with a holster, with comfort #2, and price a very distant 3rd.

2. Be darn sure that the way you carry does not lessen either access nor security of the gun. You have to be able to draw it, but not lose it.

Most responsible carry people end up with a "holster box" full of holsters that were tried but didn't work out for one reason or other. Don't be afraid to have one of your own.

ChetAF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
All levity aside, this is a good object lesson with two vital points:

1. Do not skimp on a holster. Security and safety ought to be your #1 priority with a holster, with comfort #2, and price a very distant 3rd.

2. Be darn sure that the way you carry does not lessen either access nor security of the gun. You have to be able to draw it, but not lose it.

Most responsible carry people end up with a "holster box" full of holsters that were tried but didn't work out for one reason or other. Don't be afraid to have one of your own.

Exactly! Very true on all points.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Yep, more evidence that only trained LEO's and military should possess firearms. . .

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Hope he didn’t shoot his dick off.

He could have. It only says he shot himself in the knee, not if he was black or not.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (673, 450yukon, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 20 invisible), 1,332 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,871
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.