Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What a hoot!!!!

That Southern Baptist stuff can obviously get in the way of having a good time. Makes me glad to be a Presbyterian Yankee.

Should be interesting to read what all the holly rollers are going to come up with.

Addition: Don't feel bad, had an Uncle and a Cousin and both put seven down in short order. Of course they did it on purpose. Kind of a family record that will stand for a looooong time. Mother's side anyway.

Addition2: Both now dead and Rem 760's. If only obviously with it being Pa.

Last edited by battue; 12/05/18.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So, I’m a little lost here. Two deer in a day is not illegal, so why did they even want to go back and see where you killed them?

I think he's still lying.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He needs to send the fine here and all will be right again....Heck, he won't even take his license. If he sends enough....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue

[Linked Image]

smile

One of the 80's finest television actors..........

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
U should not have shared this, until you thought about it more.

Weird.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS !!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm leaving to hunt now and I have a Doe tag that I had no intention of using. I may have to shoot one and perhaps it will help him to heal.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wageslave
Wow

Yeah. This.

Skip all the rest of the story and fast forward to shooting at body parts through the brush...

Holy Schitt.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I particularly liked the part about hiding the dink...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by wageslave
Wow

Yeah. This.

Skip all the rest of the story and fast forward to shooting at body parts through the brush...

Holy Schitt.....

Holy F.ukk!

Well, at least they weren't "sound shots."

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good on you for coming clean, bet you will be much more careful from now on. Takes guts to admit openly when you fail.

MM

Ps. Had this happen once shooting a doe with open sights, I shot racked the savage 99 and she was still standing in the exact spot so I assumed I missed and shot again ( bout 100 yards) and she went down. Went to collect her and two deer were laying side by side. I had two tags but was completely unaware of the other deer even being there.

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 12/05/18.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I could have done that one time, we were on a deer drive, I was one of the guys doing the pushing, saw a deer jump up and run, no shot, had a doe tag, in a hilly area, get to the top of the hill and see Brown and white in some brush, But something just didnt seem right, I couldnt see what it was should have been the deer I jumped. Its was moveing across from me, so I moved forward, it was an older guy I was in my 20s back them he was dressed in BROWN coveralls, with WHITE gloves, that came half way up his for arms, and a dark red plaid hat. It shook me, I screamed at him are you Stupid or just trying to commit Suicide! you sposed to be wearing ORANGE I had orange vest and gloves on and thru my Gloves at him and told him to put them on. he just said thanks I guess I wasnt thinking! I quit hunting and got drunk! there was a guy on that drive that would have probly shot him! Chit can Happand very fast!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Was a 340 Tyrannosaur involved?

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22

grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Just because animals keep getting up or appearing is no reason to keep shooting. Had a local carrying a cow tag that got into an elk herd. Nothing fell, so he kept firing. Ended up with 5 down when he ran out of ammo. He came to town looking for folks with tags. Seems about 1/2 of those contacted turned him in.

Another once nailed two bighorn. Shot, it went down, then stood back up. Hit it a second time, and ended up with two. Not good as he tried to get away with it and lost both sheep. Once in a lifetime tag here.

An expensive way for one to learn that lesson, but at least no one else was harmed. Be sure of ones target.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/05/18.

1Minute
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
So, what did we learn?

domt eat the mushrooms a stranger gives you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
LOL... LOL...LOL.... some of you Guys are really funny.

There is not a person on this board that would not have taken that shot at the doe looking towards him through the limbs of that windfall. There was no hunter or danger standing there looking towards me... just a deer face. After I got back into the scope after the shot, I see what looked like the same deer move left a couple of feet. Thinking I missed or got bullet reflection from those limbs, I aimed better and shot again. After getting back into the scope after that shot, I see this same deer a little more to the left, but in a more open area. Upon that shot, it fell over. I never knew there was more than one deer. I thought I was missing for some odd reason. It's amazing how many thoughts flash through your mind during those melt down situations. I always prepare to drag one out, but not more, and this was a disappointment to me, because now I'm done hunting on WMA land with my 5 deer tagged out limit... it's only private land now... which I only have a 18 acre and 34 acre spot.
I found out that the wardens wanted to see the gut piles and shooting spot because there was some private land that ran back through there and thought I might be on the wrong side of the line... which I wasn't.... and... they thought I might be baiting on public land... which I wasn't. They looked at everything and were satisfied, and as we were walking out and he asked me about the three shots and only two deer, and after that bold face lie, conviction and guilt grabbed my heart and made me surrender the truth no matter what the cost.... and my Soul is the Better for it.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Can he still enter it in Dinkathon?

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
LOL... LOL...LOL.... some of you Guys are really funny.

There is not a person on this board that would not have taken that shot at the doe looking towards him through the limbs of that windfall. There was no hunter or danger standing there looking towards me... just a deer face. After I got back into the scope after the shot, I see what looked like the same deer move left a couple of feet. Thinking I missed or got bullet reflection from those limbs, I aimed better and shot again. After getting back into the scope after that shot, I see this same deer a little more to the left, but in a more open area. Upon that shot, it fell over. I never knew there was more than one deer. I thought I was missing for some odd reason. It's amazing how many thoughts flash through your mind during those melt down situations. I always prepare to drag one out, but not more, and this was a disappointment to me, because now I'm done hunting on WMA land with my 5 deer tagged out limit... it's only private land now... which I only have a 18 acre and 34 acre spot.
I found out that the wardens wanted to see the gut piles and shooting spot because there was some private land that ran back through there and thought I might be on the wrong side of the line... which I wasn't.... and... they thought I might be baiting on public land... which I wasn't. They looked at everything and were satisfied, and as we were walking out and he asked me about the three shots and only two deer, and after that bold face lie, conviction and guilt grabbed my heart and made me surrender the truth no matter what the cost.... and my Soul is the Better for it.

You still think your mistake was lying. NO. That was a cover for your mistake, which was irresponsible shooting. If you can't hear that, Jesus ain't gonna help you. You are responsible for every bullet that leaves your firearm.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You were embroiled in a situation where you still were not sure of your particular target, even if you knew you were looking at a deer.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 38 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.