I was sneaking around in the woods today when I heard a deer blow up the hill near a windfall blowdown. My Binos revealed a doe kinda looking towards me at about 90 yds. I steadied my Tikka 7mag across a deadfall limb near me, and took the shot. Then I saw deer body move through the limbs... I aimed and shot again... then more body parts moving around.. so i shot again and it flopped over. WOW... I got one. Upon inspection... three deer lay behind the blowdown... two does and a yearling. I then panicked and hid the yearling under another windfall. Attached my two public land does tags and drug them down the hill in the opposite direction of my van, so I could drive around to them instead of a long drag back to my van... making for a closer drag with two deer to the closer road. As I'm walking back to my van... I'm thinking about what am I going to do with that yearling. I NEVER WASTE game, but what was I going to do.... and I wasn't happy about even shooting that second doe because one is enough per hunt ... NOT TWO .... let alone three. At my van the Badge Boys showed up with many questions. I instantly told them the story about the two does, and that one was an accident, in case two per day was illegal.,,which it's not... but i wasn't sure. They wanted to see the gut piles... where I shot from... and where the does lay... so I took them back and showed them everything except the yearling. The whole time my gut was turning over and over as the Holy Spirit was convicting me of that lie. Finally one guy said.. you shot three times and only killed two deer... I said yes sir... but then after walking another 10 steps I stopped, turned around to them and said... no... I killed three, and that I cannot lie about it any longer...do what you must, but I cannot tell you another lie. I then showed them the yearling and all hell broke loose with them and with my conscience of guilt for denying the Lord with that lie.

I tried to explain that both second and third deer were accidents... but it was all about the deception and lie... which I totally understood. I knew I had to come clean in order to live clean, because lying is never a part of my lifestyle. I'm always preaching against lying, and I knew i would be tested, but when it came, I folded and failed.
But now as I type this confession... I feel better inside... even though it will cost me money in court next month... but that's okay because money can NEVER be worth more than a clean conscience. On the drive home all I could think of was Bible Scriptures about satan being the Father of those who lie, and that no liars will ever enter Heaven... and the worst part was that I had denied the Lord... and that right there is what broke me up... and still breaks me up. Confession really is good for the Soul... and NOW... my soul feels good again with His Peace and Forgiveness.

I'm not sure why I'm revealing my sin today, but maybe someone can relate to it and find peace again.

Thanks Guys... May Jesus Bless You All in Many Ways.... Dan

PS... the testing of our faith is REALLY GOOD FOR US... even though it hurts... but only for a moment... eternity is nothing to play with... or dismiss.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul