Originally Posted by DanBrothers
This whole thread is not about the accidental killing of 3 deer with 3 shots... nor is it about the Game Wardens trying to do their job... it's about lying to get out of trouble, yet later on confessing up to the truth and facing up to one self and to the law.

For many years I was the BEST of sinners and could blaspheme and tell lies with the best of them. Then one night I heard a preacher on tv say that Jesus was knocking at the door of my heart, and that He was waiting on me to open the door and let Him in so that He could forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with His Presence. I knelt down in my living room floor and cried out... Oh Jesus... If you really love me, then Please forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with your Presence. Man O Man... it was like someone threw a blanket of pure love over me and wrapped me up with forgiveness... tears flowed as sins were watched away. The next morning was Sunday and I realized that I had a new desire to go to Church... and now the preacher made sense for the first time. I even received a tender conscience that convicted me about lying, stealing, drinking, drugging, whoring around and especially with married women. Wrong sex now became more dirty than I use to understand. It became harder to lie because the Holy Spirit now inside me was convicting me. I've had my ups and downs trying to walk out this Christian Life, and thought I had it together until I lied about that dink. That was my only sin to the Wardens.. to myself... and to the Lord. Guilt was eating me up during our walking around in the woods. I knew I had to confess up but was like Peter who denied Jesus 3 times... fearful and chicken and too self centered. When I confessed, it seemed like Heaven and Peace came back into my soul... and all fears left me.

That night lying in bed, all I could think about was my lying part, and how I was denying the Lord during that lie. Then this thought came to me... " A SOUL that is NOT convicted about lying... is a DEAD SOUL... your Soul is alive right now because I AM in you, and you are in Me... and you shall forever be with Me for all Eternity"

Amen...never stop giving your testimony my Friend. We all mess up at times. But as you did, always keep a short account between you and God!