Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So, I’m a little lost here. Two deer in a day is not illegal, so why did they even want to go back and see where you killed them?

I think he's still lying.

I’d have believed ten shots zero deer.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by wageslave
Wow

Yeah. This.

Skip all the rest of the story and fast forward to shooting at body parts through the brush...

Holy Schitt.....

Holy F.ukk!

Well, at least they weren't "sound shots."

I think this is the first time I’ve seen you swear...Yeah, I suggest taking up fishing. It’s Christ like and definitely safer for other hunters than your convicted soul roaming around in the woods with a firearm...Holy F.ukk 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suggest next time........

Bone out all three of them into indiscernible pieces....

Pack them out all congealed in pillow cases.....

Or maybe one pillow case?

Job done......

Very very weird......

P.S.

Stashing the dink is hilarious!

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/05/18.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This thread has lots of “what not to do” stuff for many a hunters education class. Wow.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

LOL.... WOW....LOL Some of the logic here makes me think of the O.J. Simpson Trial....LOL.

What could be thought of as shooting blindly? Shot 1 is at her face.. shot 2 is at her shoulder 2 ft to the left.. shot 3 is now mid body a couple of ft more to the left. I thought it was all the same deer moving slightly to the left as I was missing it. What's the chance that after missing the does face that all of a sudden a man is hauling out a deer on his back behind that same blowdown at this same moment....LOL... O.J. all the way....LOL. Besides they weren't blind shots... they were dead deer kill shots... nothing blind about 3 shots... 3 kills.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D

"Shot 1 is at her face"

John Gotti needed more guys like you

My take is you don't have enough respect for an animal or a shred of common sense and should never hunt again

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DanBrothers

LOL.... WOW....LOL Some of the logic here makes me think of the O.J. Simpson Trial....LOL.

What could be thought of as shooting blindly? Shot 1 is at her face.. shot 2 is at her shoulder 2 ft to the left.. shot 3 is now mid body a couple of ft more to the left. I thought it was all the same deer moving slightly to the left as I was missing it. What's the chance that after missing the does face that all of a sudden a man is hauling out a deer on his back behind that same blowdown at this same moment....LOL... O.J. all the way....LOL. Besides they weren't blind shots... they were dead deer kill shots... nothing blind about 3 shots... 3 kills.

OJ trial? Are you now admitting that you had a hand in the death of your ex-wife and her Jewish boyfriend? How deep does this rabbit hole go, Dan?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
oh and prayers sent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Taking the OP at his word that the story is not made up, I’ll try offer some feedback without judgement.

His mistake and lack of judgement bothered him and he admitted it and accepted responsibility. How many people will report themselves to the DNR after a hunting screw up? Stood up and accepted the consequences.

24HCF is not the place to tell the story and the OP opens himself up to all things mentioned.

Loose the 7mm Mag as it’s not needed where the OP hunts. I hunt near that area and the mags are not needed. A big buck is going to be 160 to 180, average 130 and does 90 to 105. Mild calibers or 30 cals with 150 g bullets are plenty even over a cutover.

Don’t know the hunting skills of the OP but suggest he starts letting deer walk and not shoot, mental game to condition yourself to plan your shot even if it means you don’t take it. In the SC timber and cutovers you don’t get a lot of time to shoot and people tend to rush it and then the excitement takes over and mistakes are made. Better hunting skills are in order. Ask the Game Warden if you can tag along sometime if the OP doesn’t have access to more skilled hunters.

It’s a reminder to know your target and call your shot. If you have two doe tags, shoot twice. Hunting season here lasts from September to January 1st so come back another day and hunt if you only get one.

I got hyped up once after 2 hours of rain, cold and wet when a doe came out. I shot and it was way too small. I put a doe tag on it and took it to the processor. There was another hunter there and he said, “that’d be a nice deer when it growd up”. I decided to become a better hunter after that. Some would say the guy was a smart ass but he had a point....

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
“that’d be a nice deer when it growd up”

Tell him it wouldn't be veal then wink

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Forget about a man being there. Let's say there isn't one. How about whether or not you actually missed? You don't get the part about a cease fire until you know what's the true situation re the deer you fired upon?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This whole thread is not about the accidental killing of 3 deer with 3 shots... nor is it about the Game Wardens trying to do their job... it's about lying to get out of trouble, yet later on confessing up to the truth and facing up to one self and to the law.

For many years I was the BEST of sinners and could blaspheme and tell lies with the best of them. Then one night I heard a preacher on tv say that Jesus was knocking at the door of my heart, and that He was waiting on me to open the door and let Him in so that He could forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with His Presence. I knelt down in my living room floor and cried out... Oh Jesus... If you really love me, then Please forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with your Presence. Man O Man... it was like someone threw a blanket of pure love over me and wrapped me up with forgiveness... tears flowed as sins were watched away. The next morning was Sunday and I realized that I had a new desire to go to Church... and now the preacher made sense for the first time. I even received a tender conscience that convicted me about lying, stealing, drinking, drugging, whoring around and especially with married women. Wrong sex now became more dirty than I use to understand. It became harder to lie because the Holy Spirit now inside me was convicting me. I've had my ups and downs trying to walk out this Christian Life, and thought I had it together until I lied about that dink. That was my only sin to the Wardens.. to myself... and to the Lord. Guilt was eating me up during our walking around in the woods. I knew I had to confess up but was like Peter who denied Jesus 3 times... fearful and chicken and too self centered. When I confessed, it seemed like Heaven and Peace came back into my soul... and all fears left me.

That night lying in bed, all I could think about was my lying part, and how I was denying the Lord during that lie. Then this thought came to me... " A SOUL that is NOT convicted about lying... is a DEAD SOUL... your Soul is alive right now because I AM in you, and you are in Me... and you shall forever be with Me for all Eternity"

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should have become Catholic. A lot easier with a private confession and a few Hail Marry’s for your troubles...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you hadn't denied common sense up front then there would have been nothing to deny later to yourself, the game wardens or the Lord.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
You should have become Catholic. A lot easier with a private confession and a few Hail Marry’s for your troubles...😎

Easiest religion ever. I drop a check every Sunday - I'm buying my way in baby!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Them there neck of the woods must have lots of roadhouses........

And bored fish cops!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fish cops? I thought they were possum police.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This whole thread is not about the accidental killing of 3 deer with 3 shots... nor is it about the Game Wardens trying to do their job... it's about lying to get out of trouble, yet later on confessing up to the truth and facing up to one self and to the law.

For many years I was the BEST of sinners and could blaspheme and tell lies with the best of them. Then one night I heard a preacher on tv say that Jesus was knocking at the door of my heart, and that He was waiting on me to open the door and let Him in so that He could forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with His Presence. I knelt down in my living room floor and cried out... Oh Jesus... If you really love me, then Please forgive my sins... save my soul... and fill me with your Presence. Man O Man... it was like someone threw a blanket of pure love over me and wrapped me up with forgiveness... tears flowed as sins were watched away. The next morning was Sunday and I realized that I had a new desire to go to Church... and now the preacher made sense for the first time. I even received a tender conscience that convicted me about lying, stealing, drinking, drugging, whoring around and especially with married women. Wrong sex now became more dirty than I use to understand. It became harder to lie because the Holy Spirit now inside me was convicting me. I've had my ups and downs trying to walk out this Christian Life, and thought I had it together until I lied about that dink. That was my only sin to the Wardens.. to myself... and to the Lord. Guilt was eating me up during our walking around in the woods. I knew I had to confess up but was like Peter who denied Jesus 3 times... fearful and chicken and too self centered. When I confessed, it seemed like Heaven and Peace came back into my soul... and all fears left me.

That night lying in bed, all I could think about was my lying part, and how I was denying the Lord during that lie. Then this thought came to me... " A SOUL that is NOT convicted about lying... is a DEAD SOUL... your Soul is alive right now because I AM in you, and you are in Me... and you shall forever be with Me for all Eternity"

Dan, you're in denial, and still trying to rationalize what happened. It's just that simple. I don't care if you lied to game wardens. They don't own the animals. The government doesn't own the animals. I care that you are packing a gun around and shooting irresponsibly. Yes, it was an error in perception, and we all can have those, but your actual error was not in perception, but in action. You aimed, shot. Then you aimed, shot again. Then you aimed, shot again. Dan, stop shooting. Just stop. You don't know what the hell you're doing, if you are trying to kill one deer, but end up killing three, with three shots. Just stop.

Are you getting it yet, Dan? Or are you still shooting?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Are you getting it yet, Dan? Or are you still shooting?

He's at an exorcism right now,
he'll get back to you......after he wipes up the puke.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you drive an Uber Avalanche??

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 33 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.