Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DarlaG
Glynn,

We Texicans have a saying, that may be appropriate here relative to the leftists' complaint: Even a blind hog sometimes finds an acorn.

If you want to keep your valuables from being stolen (including your firearms), don't leave them unsecured in vehicles.
(Especially during the holiday shopping period, car burglary is one of the most common crimes. - It seems every day that our local police department has announcements on TV/radio that warn people about leaving Christmas presents in even locked cars & numerous reports of local people, who lost all of their presents to a criminal.)

Tex was a LEO for well over 2 decades & says that generally the safest place for your licensed handgun is ON your person, IN your holster, ready to use for lawful self-defense & secure from being stolen by a criminal.
(One of the things that really irritates my hubby is that, after over 2 decades of carrying a handgun each duty day on post, that he, since retirement, cannot enter the local military facilities W/O returning home to secure his licensed 9mm pistol. Having to do that task is needless, often inconvenient & silly. - Even firearms that are secured in a locked handgun container are prohibited on US military installations.)

Sincerely, DarlaG

What's this "licensed handgun" nonsense???

If you are in Texas, there is no such thing as a "licensed handgun"!!

Cancer Sucks
GB1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm a big believer in the saying that "An armed society is a polite society" (I don't remember who said it). Being armed with a firearm is a great equalize! A little 40 gr .22 bullet in the brain can instantly turn even the toughest guy in the world into a pile of dead meat. If the criminals suspected that everybody might be armed they might not attempt to rob, rape or kill them.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I believe that i should be able to carry as long as i don't or have not done anything BAD."

Who gets to decide what's BAD? The right to keep and bear arms doesn't require that you have to be GOOD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure he can I've done it many times, it's just not legal according to military law. I'm more offended by the fact the active military personal can't be armed on their own facility.

In 1968-69, while in the Army in QuiNhon, Vietnam, most people were not allowed to have ammo on our compound. I was, because we had to have an armed guard at our radio rig when crypto gear was present. When an alert was sounded, they had to go to the supply room for ammo. I though it crazy, and said so to anybody that would listen, but it did no good. Thank goodness that we had Korean, ROK's around us. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
GonHunting,

While you are technically correct, I seriously doubt that any Texan didn't understand what I meant. - Owners, rather than objects, are licensed by DPS to carry concealed/openly.

Sincerely, Darla

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Rhettsker
I LOVE Texas! God, guns and country. That is why I recently bought a house there and will be moving soon--can't wait. Also look forward to meeting up with some of the great Texans that post on this forum.
R

Rhettsker,

Texas will welcome you, when you "join the party".

ALL Texans are either emigrants or the descendants of emigrants. - Even our Native tribes are from elsewhere in the Western Hemisphere & arrived in what is now Texas within 5 centuries or much more recently.
(In my case, I was born & raised in Washington & Oregon & came to TX seeking work about 5 years ago, met/lassoed my guy & am now a PROUD "Tex-Anne" by adoption.)

Sincerely, DarlaG

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

At my very first CCW license class like 25 years ago (when the law first passed) there was a lady that missed the the closeset target (3 yards?) multiple times. And then had other signficant safety handling issues. She still passed! Having people like that walking around carrying firearms is very disconcerning.

Mutatis mutandis, this could be a statement about some people walking around exercising their right to vote.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

At my very first CCW license class like 25 years ago (when the law first passed) there was a lady that missed the the closeset target (3 yards?) multiple times. And then had other signficant safety handling issues. She still passed! Having people like that walking around carrying firearms is very disconcerning.

Mutatis mutandis, this could be a statement about some people walking around exercising their right to vote.

mathman,

In our opinion, there are any number of people who are so filled with unreasoning hate, brainless
and/or ignorant that they really shouldn't be voting OR wearing arms.

Sincerely, Tex/DarlaG

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sincerely, Tex/DarlaG

Is this a joint effort now?

If so, DH must have returned from the field... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was born & raised in Washington & Oregon & came to TX seeking work about 5 years ago,

Snowflake go home.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She/he/it may still be in OR.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
She/he/it may still be in OR.
Didn't Jello go ahead and have his nuts removed?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
rockinbbar; All,

Marriage (IF a marriage is actually the way that The Savior intended = The Good Book says something about, "they shall become one flesh".) has forever been "a joint effort" & my beloved Darla has always "read over my shoulder" & commented on what she reads, as I often read over hers.

DIM-wits like "Ethan Edwards" would do well to keep their big mouth shut, as Darla is no "meek pussy-cat" but instead is a leopardess, full-grown, despite her outward beauty, soft voice & quite petite size.
She is smarter/better educated than 99% of "keyboard commandos" & her "critics" are & can/has stripped the hide off big-mouthed jackasses/morons/leftists, without once raising her voice and/or using even one vulgar word. ======> LIBs, Trump-HATERS, bigots, DIMocRAT fools, "gun-control advocates", feminazis, hateful atheists & other mostly worthless creatures have felt her claws on more than one forum on the Worldwideweird.
(I often chuckle when she humiliates haters/fools & their responses make it obvious that they don't understand that their dim-witted comments have been stripped bare of any credibility & that she has cut them down to size.).
Addenda: I truly LOL at the response ("Huh?") of a HATER on one of the "newspaper commentary forums" (that she reads/contributes to) & who threatened to leave forever if Darla wasn't banned from commenting by the editors from the forum. - Dara said to him, "Nothing that you have contributed to this forum has graced it quite so much as your planned departure."

Note to friends: YES, I've been "up to my ears" in several TPWD projects for more than 6 weeks ("from could till couldn't") & thus have been AWOL from this & several other forums that I normally frequent. - The mammal studies & related projects that our team are doing are MUCH more important than anything that I'm ever likely to say here or on any other www forum.

That said, I should be back regularly on this forum by CHRIST-mass week.
(For now, I have to head out to the Nature Center again. = Work awaits.)

yours, tex

Last edited by DarlaG; 12/06/18. Reason: add
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
laugh laugh laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 36 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,856
Posts18,517,676
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.