A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by xxclaro

And you believe that?

Notice that he never if ever answers a simple direct question. Incapable of it.

I think his forefathers were apes.

Actually, just like you, he descended from a common ancestor of the modern ape.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm sure the OP and some others believe in Alexander, Socrates and Aristotle. Absolutely no proof any of them existed. They are just myths.

There are legitimate questions regarding the historicity of the character known as Socrates.
Alexander and his tutor Aristotle, not so much.

You have no proof that Alexander the Great existed.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As for me, I believe based on facts. Facts are that there were many witnesses to Christ who believed what they saw so strongly that they went out with no regard for wealth or well being to relay the story. They did not recant, even in the face of horrible deaths.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Here is truth: Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. He that believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Believe what you want, Starman, and mock the word as much as you will. But the truth has been told to you, you would not hear it, and there will be no excuse for your choice on that day when we are all of us called to account. On that day every knee will bow and every tonque will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Even your knee and your tongue. But it will be too late for you.

That's a bold claim.

I'd like to see you support it.

Jesus calls us to be ......ready for it?......... witnesses.... He calls us to tell of Him and to tell others about what has happened to us.

He does not call us nor tell us to go out and prove to someone that He is “real.” That role seems to be given to the Holy Spirit and God will your judge.

Your accountability is to Him.

“Well, nobody proved you to me to my satisfaction” will not be an acceptable excuse.

Now, I will be held accountable for my life, but I can assure you that I will not be accountable for not having “proven” God to you.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
But of course there's millions of Christians who put their faith in the KJV bible instead
of the Talmud.

Gee, isn't that odd...

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is truth: Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. He that believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Believe what you want, Starman, and mock the word as much as you will. But the truth has been told to you, you would not hear it, and there will be no excuse for your choice on that day when we are all of us called to account. On that day every knee will bow and every tonque will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Even your knee and your tongue. But it will be too late for you.

That's a bold claim.

There is no "proof" that can be given. We have only his creation to see, the written word to hear, and the urging placed upon our hearts to accept that it is true. And besides, God did not tell me to support (prove) it. He said only that I should go into all the world and share it with the lost. Believing it or not is up to you. Choose wisely.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 12/09/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If GG is wrong, who's ever going to realize it? On the other hand...if YOU are wrong, AS, I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I know where I've placed my own faith.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
So is this where the old skool heavy metal band Pantera got its name from???

After the dude that raped and knocked up Mary per the Talmud???

Last edited by renegade50; 12/09/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
So is this where the old skool heavy metal band Pantera got its name from???

IIRC "Black Sabbath" was already taken.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's a bold claim.

That's the beauty of it, no one has to prove it. Just believe. "Proof" will come soon enough.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'm sure the OP and some others believe in Alexander, Socrates and Aristotle. Absolutely no proof any of them existed. They are just myths.

There are legitimate questions regarding the historicity of the character known as Socrates.

"Proof" is a red herring. It's about the body of evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So many words and fights over semantics and virtually none embracing the real message that Christ brought to us.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
So many words and fights over semantics and virtually none embracing the real message that Christ brought to us.

Yes... "no matter how great or influential your achievements are they will still be bitching about it two thousand years later".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

No! You missed it again. I do believe in doing good works for the Glory of God. I just don't think it earns me or anyone any points toward Heaven,
and I don't think God needs any help from me to do what needs doing. I do all kinds of things though that you would consider good works. I just
don't brag about it and I don't do it because I need or have to.

welll lets see what you have said previously....

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

God may give rewards in Heaven. I'm not too concerned about it but I don't see us earning points with God based on our works..

I also distinctly recall you once saying you are afraid of doing the wrong thing in Gods eyes , so you prefer to refrain from attempting good works
in case you do the wrong thing.

.. I do all kinds of things though that you would consider good works...

What I think of your alleged good works don't matter,... for the book states your works are to be Judged by Jesus and his panel
as to whether they were GOOD or EVIL and rewarded/punished accordingly....best you let GOD decide IF you have done any good
in his eyes, rather than prematurely deciding for yourself.

1 Corinthians 4:5
" Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose
the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"Proof" is a red herring. It's about the body of evidence.

There is no evidence.

Fables don't count.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I also distinctly recall you once saying you are afraid of doing the wrong thing in Gods eyes , so you prefer to refrain from attempting good works
in case you do the wrong thing.

Confusing snarky wordplay and "clever" questions will intellectual brilliance is a trap we often fall into early in life. Hopefully as you get older you'll discover, as many of us do about ourselves, that you were never that smart after all.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe

as already stated,...The Talmud sounds far more believable.

The Talmud is pretty much an instructional manual for antichristianity.

Exactly.

And the fact the writer uses BCE:" He was born in 22 B.C.E." instead of the traditional B.C. tells me all I want to know....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by curdog4570

When it comes to spiritual matters, you have proved yourself to be an idiot. Over and over....ad finitum.

You are the christian that relies on a version of Bible with many deleted verses from the original.

What original are you referring to?

Assuming you missed this question, Starman. Care to answer?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I thought Rob Jordan lost a bet which forced him not to return after Trump won?

Then Starman shows up sounding exactly as smarmy as the ole Never Trumper Always Smarter RJ.

Things that make ya go hmmmmm...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe

as already stated,...The Talmud sounds far more believable.

The Talmud is pretty much an instructional manual for antichristianity.

Exactly.

And the fact the writer uses BCE:" He was born in 22 B.C.E." instead of the traditional B.C. tells me all I want to know....

Yessir, BCE is a deal killer for me every time!

Bull$hit Communist Era is Revisionist Marxism plain and simple.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.