-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scopes are for steering bullets and nothing can hang with a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker. I may own more than one scope.(grin)

Hint..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 #4 reticle

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kingston
I can’t even settle on “the” one scope per each particular rifle.

The 42mm objective March scopes are said to suffer from a finicky eyebox. This is understandable given the design. It’s always a give and take. Even a 25x optic with a 56mm objective suffers compromised low light performance.

A Corvette is said to be slower than a Geo Metro? If it is in your price range, check it out first.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
For hunting, all my rifles wear a M8 6X42. I have never needed more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by kingston
I can’t even settle on “the” one scope per each particular rifle.

The 42mm objective March scopes are said to suffer from a finicky eyebox. This is understandable given the design. It’s always a give and take. Even a 25x optic with a 56mm objective suffers compromised low light performance.

A Corvette is said to be slower than a Geo Metro? If it is in your price range, check it out first.

If I were to try one it’d likely be their FFP 52mm objective model. I’m a fan of open center/ floating dot reticles. March’s FML-1 reticle suffers from a heavy 0.1 MIL center dot. I don’t get the FML-T1. It appears as a peculiar hodgepodge of compromises. In this price range the Kahles with Finn Accuracy’s MSR2 reticle has my almost complete attention. The 10 oz weight penalty is a small price to pay in this class scope. For reference, a Kahles displaced a Tangent Theta on my Ryan Pierce built 28N.

I recognize that you're talking an almost entirely different animal with a 30mm tubed, SFP, 42mm objective.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot 6x MQ's on everything from High Zoot Precision Air Rifles,to all things Rimfire and of course Centerfire.

There's no equal.

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It looks like the Leupold 2.5-8 gets a lot of love here. We got ours around 1990, both went on moderate weight ( 9 pound) magnum rifles ( one on a .375 AI, the other on a .338 WM). Both worked flawlessly until they were replaced with a little higher power scopes (3.5-10). The 2.5-8’s, reside in QD base/rings...zero’d and ready for service! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leupold 6 x 36.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Elvis
Leupold 6 x 36.

+1

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by memtb
It looks like the Leupold 2.5-8 gets a lot of love here. We got ours around 1990, both went on moderate weight ( 9 pound) magnum rifles ( one on a .375 AI, the other on a .338 WM). Both worked flawlessly until they were replaced with a little higher power scopes (3.5-10). The 2.5-8’s, reside in QD base/rings...zero’d and ready for service! memtb

I've yet to see a 2.5-8x Reupold track or hold zero and have been around piles of 'em. The 3.5-10x,is routinely superior...but PALES to a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker,whether 1" or ANY of the 390mm version(s). BT/DT and have all the T-shirts.

Hint.................

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can’t vouch as to there ability to track....as in adjust turrets for a shot, and then return. We merely zero’d, and rarely had to re-adjust, said zero! With our new (to us) 3.5-10’s.....they appear to track well. Of course, we don’t turn the turrets much.....as most of our shots ar3 inside 400 yards. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman

Hey guy, I've asked why you posted that. What is your reason? Did you get a bad one or have you even used one?

Butch, I’m not familiar with March, aside from seeing a few on PRS competition rifles. What do you like about March? What attributes do you see them having that make them a good choice for a hunting optic? 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1 scope? Probably either a 6x36 w/ LR Duplex or 2.5-8x36 with B&C reticle.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I've yet to see a 2.5-8x Reupold track or hold zero and have been around piles of 'em. The 3.5-10x,is routinely superior...but PALES to a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker,whether 1" or ANY of the 390mm version(s). BT/DT and have all the T-shirts.

Hint.................

You poor ignorant incredibly stupid fuuck...... the fail to perform in sub zero temps too!!!! Haha
[Linked Image]

Notice the dumb tape and big stupid turrets..... tuck your boo boo lip back in and pretend you’ve killed something besides a July Sitka buck or kelp fed bear.... haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Hey guy, I've asked why you posted that. What is your reason? Did you get a bad one or have you even used one?

Guy??? haha Well, the name is gay for starters.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I know that is my first criteria when I buy a scope.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes, for sure!! Kinda like rifles. Tikka? 270 etc.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I guess I would expect a response like that from you, "GUY".
March was started to build a scope eliminating POI shift with superior optics. If you are familiar with lenses, you will recognize the ED glass. Engineers assemble the scopes, not assembly line folks. I don't know of anybody else that makes a 10 time variable. 2.5X x 25X for example.
They are expensive, but that was not stated that it mattered in the OP's post. I have used a 45X March in competition and have shot other peoples rifles with various models of the March.
That is my choice of scopes and I don't believe I jumped anybody's AZZ for using something else.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh never experienced this poi shift....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can’t vouch as to there ability to track....as in adjust turrets for a shot, and then return. We merely zero’d, and rarely had to re-adjust, said zero! With our new (to us) 3.5-10’s.....they appear to track well. Of course, we don’t turn the turrets much.....as most of our shots ar3 inside 400 yards. memtb

I can.(grin)

I've bought over 100 Reupolds through the years,have shot 100's on top of that and their elder version(s),trump new. The 2.5-8x's were once "mainstays" of sorts,due both their aesthetics and mass...but I've simply never seen 'em be worth a fhuqk,upon any platform,for any application. I tended to drive the 6x42 as a Utilitarian default and sadly,they too are now pieces of schit.

A scope's SOLE purpose is to steer bullets and Reupold is an easy pass,in this day and age.......................

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 67 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,302
Posts18,487,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.