Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Judman
Oh never experienced this poi shift....

You evidently don't shoot much or accurate enough rifles to know it. Do a little research, GUY.

HR IC

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You sound stupid butchy..... you know better than that but you sound cool....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by Judman
Oh never experienced this poi shift....

You evidently don't shoot much or accurate enough rifles to know it. Do a little research, GUY.

Butch, aside from your “piss’n match” with Jud. I asked above for information you seem to know first hand about March Scopes”. I’ve been using Leupold VX6 scopes on several big fur rifles. Switched over a couple to Bushnell LRHSi scopes and another to a NF SHV. What is your knowledge or actual experience with March as a rugged scope like NightForce?

If you only have bench experience, I understand. Looking for experience with how they perform over time with magnum rifles and hunting situation where both rifle and scope can get knocked around. Thanks again...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guys famous 6ai, frequent poi shifts, fogs up, I hate this setup.... haha
[Linked Image]

From the “bench”.... haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My LRHSi,never lasted the first shot...aboard my Heavy 6BR. It "tracked" like a Mad Woman,going to take a schit.

Top.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It WAS funny though!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Took a coupla months(no thang,as I have a "few" scopes) and the LTRSi replacement actually fhuqking works. I prefer it's reticle too,but dat's subjective.

[Linked Image]

Pass the MQ Fixed Fhuqkers and hold the Fluff.

Hint........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You’re not the first to bitch about the LRHSi having issues, especially the newer made scopes. The older LRHS scope still has a good reputation for reliability. Schit happens in large companies where they decide the individuals they hired to improve a scope line and increase market share are no longer worth paying the big bucks too...Pink slipped and down the road the talent goes. Then bean counters in purchasing take over and shop internal parts out to lowest bidder without regard to the original specifications developed to build an excellent scope...Wash-Rinse-Repeat. 😎

Are March Scopes just a boutique scope? I got to see and shoot behind a Kahles k525i...This scope was beyond impressive in every way, albeit above my pay grade. Grin!

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weren't a complaint,but a simplistic gross mechanical failure.

Haven't really flogged on the LTRSi,as all of my newest stuff wears MQ Fixed Fhuqkers...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like a fairly small market to try to find reviews on the March scopes on this forum. Doubt more than a couple guys own them on here and that is a pretty small sampling to make a decision on. Check the interweb review sites for your particular choice and you'll have a better chance of getting a more rounded feedback sample.

Good example, a Facebook hunting page I get on the page owner gets freebies from scope companies for advertising their wares. So, he gets some high dollar scope (pretty sure it was a Nightforce but can't recall exactly what model), and he goes out and shoots it at 100 yards and then at steel at 500 yards. Tells everyone what a great scope it was because he could shoot a 1" group at 100 yards and hit an 18" gong at 500... so I asked him if he did a box test or a tall paper target test? Well, no..... but this is a great scope, I'm sure it will do fine.... Almost lost my credentials on that site that day, but for several other people who felt the same way so they shut down the discussion instead....

Same thing happens here. A guy shouting " I shot a deer with my (fill in the blank) so it must be the best (cartridge, rifle, bullet, gunsmith, etc...) ever made. If you really want to know and not blame someone if it doesn't measure up to what "someone else" told you- sometimes you just have to spend your money and take your chances. Then you can do like Big Stick and say- "this is the biggest POS I've ever owned" or.... " I can throw it in a river and take it out and it still keeps ticking".....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm rather at ease,in calling thangs as they is...and can prolly extrapolate like wares of the ilk,from a few different Makers............................(grin)

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It appears this forum is more about, well if you don't like this scope, go phuque yourself. A few folks have shot a variety of scopes and can give a good evaluation other saying that you are an AZZ for loving this one.
Oh Well, I have better things to do, like beating a dog.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
For a very long time my only scope was a Leupold 2.5-8X. If I could only have one scope, that would still be it.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’s the loss/gain between a SWFA SS 3-15x42 or their SS 5-20x50 HD? Aside from power increase. Is the “HD” improvement in clarity worth the additional $500? $1300 puts me in the NF arena. Both NF and SWFA are almost as bullet proof as you can get with reasonable money...😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Seems like a fairly small market to try to find reviews on the March scopes on this forum. Doubt more than a couple guys own them on here and that is a pretty small sampling to make a decision on. Check the interweb review sites for your particular choice and you'll have a better chance of getting a more rounded feedback sample.

Good example, a Facebook hunting page I get on the page owner gets freebies from scope companies for advertising their wares. So, he gets some high dollar scope (pretty sure it was a Nightforce but can't recall exactly what model), and he goes out and shoots it at 100 yards and then at steel at 500 yards. Tells everyone what a great scope it was because he could shoot a 1" group at 100 yards and hit an 18" gong at 500... so I asked him if he did a box test or a tall paper target test? Well, no..... but this is a great scope, I'm sure it will do fine.... Almost lost my credentials on that site that day, but for several other people who felt the same way so they shut down the discussion instead....

Same thing happens here. A guy shouting " I shot a deer with my (fill in the blank) so it must be the best (cartridge, rifle, bullet, gunsmith, etc...) ever made. If you really want to know and not blame someone if it doesn't measure up to what "someone else" told you- sometimes you just have to spend your money and take your chances. Then you can do like Big Stick and say- "this is the biggest POS I've ever owned" or.... " I can throw it in a river and take it out and it still keeps ticking".....

Bob

Thanks, Bob...Makes sense. Not enough ownership here yet to speak with knowledge and experience. Appreciate the information. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
It appears this forum is more about, well if you don't like this scope, go phuque yourself. A few folks have shot a variety of scopes and can give a good evaluation other saying that you are an AZZ for loving this one.
Oh Well, I have better things to do, like beating a dog.

Don’t beat your dog. I’m sure he thinks your scopes are just dandy...I was only asking for information it appeared you had experience with on a March. Nothing more. 😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Butch, please please don't beat the dog!!! my god march scopes aren't dumb!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm rather at ease,in calling thangs as they is...and can prolly extrapolate like wares of the ilk,from a few different Makers............................(grin)

[Linked Image]

Jesus fuucking Christ how much longer you gonna whine about Peterson brass??? No wonder why kerri left your dumb ass, you stfu or let anything go..... Hint

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sheister

Bob

Bob have you ever passed on a chin full of nuts.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Nightforce Nightforce Nightforce.

[Linked Image]

sugar tits it’s a modern day miracle that you can shoot a gun from the Prone position due to bobs head constantly in your lap.

PS Nightforce 😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice set up...😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nightfarce is never not funny,especially coming from a Boob who couldn't begin to cypher betwixt MOA and/or Mil.(grin)

For The Window Lickers,beings they cain't afford any R&D.

[Linked Image]

Hint.........................

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (240NMC, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,281
Posts18,486,813
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.