Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You can never say what a Warden will do. One year in South Dakota I only had Antelope Doe tag and I shot a small buck that I failed to see the horns on. I promptly turned myself in. The Game Warden looked it over and called it an honest mistake and after admonishing to be aware of the black cheek patch from now on he issued me a tag to keep it because as he said, it was too warm and it would spoil by the time he could get it anywhere to be processed and by letting me keep it it would not go to waste. He did not fine me nor strip me of my second doe tag. He told me to go get another and enjoy myself but be mindful that bucks have black cheek patches.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have found the Montana fish cops much more friendly than the Idaho counterparts.

Perhaps the Claude Dallas effect?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Maine's wardens would have taken his deer, rifle, truck, bible, and any beads he was rubbing.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Okay... I know that common sense is not too common, but let me try to once again explain my whole purpose with this thread... and then I'm done with it.

After the Game Warden Guys looked over the entire area, they understood how it all could have been an accident. And they were even going to help me get the two legally checked deer back to my van. It was on the way out that one guy ask me about 3 shots and only 2 deer. I bold faced lied about that for about 15-20 seconds, but the conviction of the Holy Spirit strongly prodded me to confess up and take my licks... which I did. My only crime in their eyes was in the not coming clean about the dink. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I knew I wasn't going to let it go to waste. They later told me that if I had called it in, then I could have used one of my private property doe tags.... DUH... stupid me.. didn't even think of that... I should have called it in. I made the mistake... I was wrong... it was My Bad.

I honestly thought that I would start this thread on my two favorite forums for the ONLY purpose to make you shake your heads and say...." WOW... lying sure doesn't pay... I guess I need to take Dan't mistakes and learn a lesson about lying before it's too late" I didn't even think about how much anger and hatred would rise up against me, because it never was my intention to make anyone mad or angry...I was just telling a life lesson story for all to learn from. I wasn't bashing anyone... just bashing myself for being a cowardly liar... but I came clean, and am the better for it. I'm so sorry for making so many people violent... it never was my intention.

I know that my writing skills suck...LOL... that's because I skipped most English Classes in school. I'm not very good at typing feelings of thought and emotion.... and my joking around doesn't seem to come across either.... My Bad again...LOL.

I know that most of the Guys on these forums would NOT be content with their rifles shooting 4" groups at 100 yds... or 3" groups... or 2"... and most won't be happy with 1" MOA... so WHY do we allow ourselves to live outside of the MOA standards of our Creator? When I lied to those Guys about the dink, I shot outside of MOA... more like the 3 ring... or maybe just missed the whole target all together. But the Range Captain and my fellow Team Mates would probably forgive me after they knew that it was an honest mistake, and that I would practice harder before the next Match.

Years ago when I realized that I was my own worst enemy with my constant living outside of MOA standards of correct shooting.... I woke up and said..." WOW Jesus... can you come into my life and help me?
He did.... and I've been the better for it... even when I miss the target some days. He and I both know that this walk is not in the hitting of the X ring every moment of life, but it's in the trying.. it's the trying that He is looking at.

I try NOT to make a practice of shooting in error...and I understand that no shooting team out there would have me if I wasn't always focused on getting better. That's why I'm trying to tell everyone that jerking the bullet off target just does not work well when shooting by yourself.... or even with others. Iron sharpens iron. We should all be focused on sharpening each other without all the judgmental accusations..... AND.... I too am guilty of that shooting error as well sometimes... but I try not to make a practice of it.

Why can't we all learn from each other's mistakes and use it to shoot right... live right... and just plain out... be right.

Today is the beginning of the rest of our lives.... so it's never too late to start again.

Jesus calls it.... Born Again.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
Okay... I know that common sense is not too common !

There's your problem, right there.

You have no common sense & your lack of logical reasoning abilities, has/is clouding your thought process.

Like I mentioned earlier, "brother", you have way more that you need to discuss with your maker.

Merry Christmas.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Hell, I just aim at schit moving around in the woods and shoot. That's hunting!

WTF ! IDIOTs, so is anyone who kills for numbers and is not careful what they shoot at.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I call BS on your entire story. They probably found the third deer and you're pretending to have "confessed" about it to make yourself feel better.

Jesus ain't going to help you with this one, you can't do dumb things, ie shooting until ANY deer drops, and ask for forgiveness later. This is the real life and actions have consequences. Your faith, any faith, will not help you when you have killed a fellow hunter for being extremely careless, which you were.

Also, the fact that some of you think it is funny or he did nothing wrong is scary, but then again the amount of dumb sh*t I witness other hunters do is mind boggling.

Last edited by Scruffee; 12/19/18.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dan?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JDK
Maine's wardens would have taken his deer, rifle, truck, bible, and any beads he was rubbing.

MN would be no different.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by JDK

MN would be no different.

Depends on where said beads were being "rubbed". Possibly could have kept those, especially if he didn't "lie" about where he normally 'rubbed' them.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
This whole thread is weird.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
"so WHY do we allow ourselves to live outside of the MOA standards of our Creator? When I lied to those Guys about the dink, I shot outside of MOA... more like the 3 ring... or maybe just missed the whole target all together. But the Range Captain and my fellow Team Mates would probably forgive me after they knew that it was an honest mistake, and that I would practice harder before the next Match.

Years ago when I realized that I was my own worst enemy with my constant living outside of MOA standards of"

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Oh my God, would you please just Shut The Fu#k Up

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kota
My god I despise bible thumping holier than thou ass hats who try to salve their stupidity with "The Lord". Give me a F'n break. If the "Badge Boys" (as you so condescendingly referred to the C.O.'s doing their job), hadn't shown up, you would have l wasted that fawn and never said a damn thing about it. Then you come on here looking to be rewarded for being such a good little lamb of Jesus. You're a douche.

I am a christian and believe in God, but I gave up on organized religion years ago, mainly due to hypocritical douche bags thumping the bible to make their pathetic lives look pious under a thin veil of smugness, and more righteous than everyone else.

Do us all favor, sell your 7 mag and take up golf.

I like this guy!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
We still confessing our Sin's? If so god forgive me for what I'm about to say.. I watch nfl football, I use PayPal, I order stuff from amazon, I bought a under armour hoody from dicks sporting goods.. amen

Oh, You’re gonna burn....Sinner! 😁😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well it's pretty cool Benny Hinn is a campfire member and a hunter sweet!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good on you for ultimately doing the right thing sir. You will be forgiven.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,283
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.