Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Now Trump needs to bring the troops home from Afghanistan and stop selling those weapons to Saudi Arabia that they're using to blow up Yemen.

It looks like we’ll be pulling out of Afghanistan too which is a great move. As far as stopping the sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia so the poor Yemenis and Houthis can get a reprieve and continue their massacres of anyone and everyone......NO! Up the sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia and let them kill as many as possible because every dead SOB over there is one less SOB we’ll have to worry about down the road. I don’t GAF if SA wants to get dirty, that’s their business not ours. I only care about our foreign policy, not the foreign policy of every other country on earth. I’m surprised that you want to get involved in the foreign policy of Saudi Arabia, I thought you only cared about America’s foreign policy?

Selling arms to Saudi Arabia, a very wealthy country btw, is good for us. It’s better than GIVING arms for free and it’s better than a “lend-lease” program.

Let other countries carry some weight for once and let them fight our proxy wars for us instead of the USA being the worlds police.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Before we complete the pull out, how much do you want to bet Assad "gas attacks his own people" again?

You really believe that schitt happened?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Generals Washington and Eisenhower had the experiences to issue the warnings they did.
As long as this doesn't end for allies like Saigon in 1975, it will be a good decision.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The kooks kongregate....

Guess it's easier to say that than justify what we're accomplishing there besides doing Israel's bidding and/or trying to provoke a war with Russia.

Spot on.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Before we complete the pull out, how much do you want to bet Assad "gas attacks his own people" again?

You really believe that schitt happened?

Notice the quotation marks.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The kooks kongregate....

Buchanan too??

Yeah, pretty much ...

You disappoint me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The kooks kongregate....

Guess it's easier to say that than justify what we're accomplishing there besides doing Israel's bidding and/or trying to provoke a war with Russia.

Spot on.

Spot OFF. i am on board 100% with the Syrian (and Afghan) pullouts, not into these half assed wars, but the sooner you realize Israel is there as OUR tool, the quicker you'll understand GEO AND REAL "Politics"

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The kooks kongregate....

Buchanan too??

Yeah, pretty much ...

You disappoint me.

I see you're learning from Bristoe to cherrypick...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
One less war, one less Secretary of Defense, one less adult in the room. Mattis was willing to stand up to Trump and his tantrums and give him world-view advise on how to treat allies and ugly situations.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The Brits and Russians learned their lessons in Afghanistan long ago

Good to the US pulling out. US soldiers provide g security for the current favorite war lord / tribe poppy farms
Ain't t helping national security

The Dems and Rinos and defense contractors sure love their wars and kids from Iowa, Ohio, Texas ..lose their lives for nothing

Chickenhawks and warmongers like djs love ra good war. Djs any current family members serving in combat units in Afghanistan or Syria?

Have you served in a combat unit?

I thought not

Last edited by ribka; 12/21/18.
IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The kooks kongregate....

Spot on.

Spot OFF. i am on board 100% with the Syrian (and Afghan) pullouts, not into these half assed wars, but the sooner you realize Israel is there as OUR tool, the quicker you'll understand GEO AND REAL "Politics"

Jorge - I certainly oppose the US getting involved in most regional conflicts, but this seems to be a place where our presence can provide an influence.

Won't a US pullout from Syria just leave the door open a little wider for Russian and Iranian influence? I realize that 2,000 US personnel can't make an earthshaking difference on the outcome, but at least it is a position. As for, "Israel is there as OUR tool", do we need (given the Middle-East hatreds and emotions) for Israel to stir up the pot and make it boil? Israel's Air Force is its' prime projection of power and (as we learned from WW2, Vietnam, etc.) it takes land forces to occupy and control a land mass; Israel's army is great for its self-defense, but is not large enough for wider-scale projection.

I don't know how 2,000 US troops (advisors and trainers) will make a difference in Syria, but they do occupy a vital area in Northern Syria and act as a buffer between the Turks and the Kurd's. Without this buffer, I think the Turks would invade Syria and massacre the Kurd's who are allied with us in Syria.

Your opinion?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good

NRA Patron Member
U.S. Navy Veteran 1969-1973
Sons of the American Revolution
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
djs- it isn't just 20000 troops those are eyes and ears for much larger. A crap ton of Russian 'advisors' along with Iranian operatives were killed by (or as a result of ) US and Israel.

I thought US involvement in Syria, has turned ( or maybe was all along) from removing Isis to removing russian influence in the region by denying a pipeline to Europe. I heard the idea was to stall that in order to gain time to flood the market gas from USA that was too cheap to pass up - if anyone cares to comment on that?

Although I am not automatically against the pull out of from either Syria or Afghanistan, my foremost anger is that it means we once again leave the Kurds sorry for trusting us. Maybe there is a plan for them? FWIW I am another who has doubts that Assad is the one who used nerve agents.

Lastly, I wonder if news of a Russian in Venezuela means this is some sort of new version of cuban missile crisis resolution.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by djs
The kooks kongregate....

Spot on.

Jorge - I certainly oppose the US getting involved in most regional conflicts, but this seems to be a place where our presence can provide an influence.

Won't a US pullout from Syria just leave the door open a little wider for Russian and Iranian influence? I realize that 2,000 US personnel can't make an earthshaking difference on the outcome, but at least it is a position. As for, "Israel is there as OUR tool", do we need (given the Middle-East hatreds and emotions) for Israel to stir up the pot and make it boil? Israel's Air Force is its' prime projection of power and (as we learned from WW2, Vietnam, etc.) it takes land forces to occupy and control a land mass; Israel's army is great for its self-defense, but is not large enough for wider-scale projection.

I don't know how 2,000 US troops (advisors and trainers) will make a difference in Syria, but they do occupy a vital area in Northern Syria and act as a buffer between the Turks and the Kurd's. Without this buffer, I think the Turks would invade Syria and massacre the Kurd's who are allied with us in Syria.

Your opinion?

I think Trump said we are not too g to provide security free to the entire world anymore

DJS. Would you be ok sending your wife son or daughter to die in Syria?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"DJS. Would you be ok sending your wife son or daughter to die in Syria?"

Those in the military joined to serve and protect the US and being in hot spots may contribute to this (by keeping adversaries off balance. If the US needs a 75 year old woman (or my 51 year old daughter) to serve and, they are willing to do it, I'm OK with that.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha! I love how the left has become such war mongers.

I am MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha! I love how the left has become such war mongers.

They always have been.

Woodrow Wilson: Democrat, WW1

FDR: Democrat, WW2

Truman: Democrat, Korea

Kennedy/LBJ: Democrat, Vietnam

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by djs
"DJS. Would you be ok sending your wife son or daughter to die in Syria?"

Those in the military joined to serve and protect the US and being in hot spots may contribute to this (by keeping adversaries off balance. If the US needs a 75 year old woman (or my 51 year old daughter) to serve and, they are willing to do it, I'm OK with that.

I thought not

It’s always the cowards and defense contractors who love protracted wars

Love sending other people’s children to die in your wars
Pathetic

Last edited by ribka; 12/21/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
As for a prophesy about Damascus. You see, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins. Isaiah 17 V 1. Good move MR.PRESIDENT !!! Unlike President Obama , MR. PRESIDENT TRUMP knows this . Smart move, get the hell out of there. Also, there are many on the Campfire that dont believe the bible is for real and don't believe the prophesies in scripture can google up Damascus pictures. You will see that the prophesy is well on it's way.

My belief in that is it will be like another 6 day war scenario except with Iran involved and maybe others. I believe these things will happen to Damascus, Moab and Persia but it will not be directly by the hand of God.

It is my belief that when Israel thinks it's about to fall it will expend its entire conventional, nuclear, chemical and biological arsenals resulting in exactly what we see in the Bible.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Unbelievable how fast the left changes their tune when the President does something they’ve been screaming for since the beginning. I’m sure that the infrastructure is in place that allows us to keep our eyes and ears in the places we pull out from. A couple thousand troops with one arm tied behind their back with ROE that don’t allow them to do anything meaningful without fear of being prosecuted is not a place I want to send our brave warriors.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 29aholic, 59 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,270
Posts18,504,984
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.