-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"maybe Caribou should be on a Alaska show somehow ,he seems more interesting than those other Alaskan shows "

He is. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Lewis Family was mocked for Cindy and their daughters' eye conditions. They said to heck with that. Ray's gun is a Winchester 1895 30-40 Krag that was rebored by JES to 35 WCF. He is a very practical guy and works hard framing houses in the Summer in Fairbanks and they go trapping downriver in the winter.

Krin has a number of different guns. She has a 7 Rem and a 270 Win. She also has a 338 Win and she likes Rugers. Right now she tends bar at Tony's Bar at night and works part time with me at Sportsman's Warehouse. Heimo has a number of different rifles but likes the 788 in 22-250. They all carry sidearms up there as grizzlies are very aggressive and you don't ask questions later. Scott is funnier than heck in real life and works as a federal security guard at the federal building.

Bob was a very sincere and earnest guy. The show doesn't show his stepson Traver who teaches history with me at WVHS and who is 42 and is married with two kids or that he liked to drink a bit when he was in town. He wasnt an alcoholic but was nice. On his last day he called all of his friends together and they had a bonfire with beer and brats and sat around talking all night and he died the next day. I knew him from coming into SW and just talking about stuff. He was a real old breed trapper with a great skill set just not good at landing airplanes.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Most viewers are in the big cities and have never seen open spaces. The producers have to ensure the show is interesting to them, they are paying the bill. Alaska's handful of viewers are inconsequential to the show'a success. One might consider that fact that there is a lot of Alaskans that have never seen Alaska.

Last edited by Rusky; 12/22/18.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Lewis Family was mocked for Cindy and their daughters' eye conditions. They said to heck with that. Ray's gun is a Winchester 1895 30-40 Krag that was rebored by JES to 35 WCF. He is a very practical guy and works hard framing houses in the Summer in Fairbanks and they go trapping downriver in the winter.

Krin has a number of different guns. She has a 7 Rem and a 270 Win. She also has a 338 Win and she likes Rugers. Right now she tends bar at Tony's Bar at night and works part time with me at Sportsman's Warehouse. Heimo has a number of different rifles but likes the 788 in 22-250. They all carry sidearms up there as grizzlies are very aggressive and you don't ask questions later. Scott is funnier than heck in real life and works as a federal security guard at the federal building.

Bob was a very sincere and earnest guy. The show doesn't show his stepson Traver who teaches history with me at WVHS and who is 42 and is married with two kids or that he liked to drink a bit when he was in town. He wasnt an alcoholic but was nice. On his last day he called all of his friends together and they had a bonfire with beer and brats and sat around talking all night and he died the next day. I knew him from coming into SW and just talking about stuff. He was a real old breed trapper with a great skill set just not good at landing airplanes.

That's too damn bad about Ray and his family I really enjoyed his parts in the show.. seems like a real down to earth guy who loves Alaska. I thought Krin was married to a marine stationed in North Carolina. I haven't watched any new episodes this year.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s too bad about Ray but I sure don’t blame him since I’d likely do the same thing to protect my loved ones. I have a great deal of respect for Ray and his family as I thought they were all very smart, capable people.

I also enjoyed watching Chip (caribou) and his family carry on the traditions of his wife’s family. There’s much honor in respecting the memories of those gone before us and using the knowledge they’ve passed down to continue living life in a harsh land.

I too miss Bob, his knowledge and the slice of his life that he shared with us.

I apologize for my forgetfulness but were Bob and Edna the couple that lost their young girl in the drowning on the Colleen? I deeply respected the pain and guilt they shared and marveled at their strength in the face of such heartbreak. I’m not ashamed to admit that I shed a couple of tears over their remembrances of their baby and the love the two of them shared.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That’s too bad about Ray but I sure don’t blame him since I’d likely do the same thing to protect my loved ones. I have a great deal of respect for Ray and his family as I thought they were all very smart, capable people.

I also enjoyed watching Chip (caribou) and his family carry on the traditions of his wife’s family. There’s much honor in respecting the memories of those gone before us and using the knowledge they’ve passed down to continue living life in a harsh land.

I too miss Bob, his knowledge and the slice of his life that he shared with us.

I apologize for my forgetfulness but were Bob and Edna the couple that lost their young girl in the drowning on the Colleen? I deeply respected the pain and guilt they shared and marveled at their strength in the face of such heartbreak. I’m not ashamed to admit that I shed a couple of tears over their remembrances of their baby and the love the two of them shared.

[u][/u]

It is Hymal and Edna,,,,, I met them both back in the mid-80's, as I was up on the Head-Waters of the Colleen.
LJ cool

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks. I was wrapping presents earlier and I was racking my pea brain and I sorta remembered that but wasn’t sure. Tough thing to lose a child. There but the grace of God....

Thanks for your reply and Merry Christmas to you all.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 12/22/18. Reason: Clarity

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
May have been avoidable?

Tough thing to lose a child, even tougher when in hindsight it might have been avoidable.

I didn't read or see it that way. Not giving you a hard time, just saw it differently.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If I remember correctly, Heimo and Edna had the name of the river changed to that of a daughter that drowned when they had a sweeper in the river overturn their canoe.

Our homeschooling course had a VHS back then of Nat Geo and Heimos family. ''Braving Alaska''.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Very enjoyable read.. Hope folks keep adding information.. While Last Alaskans is my favorite, I do like Chip and Andy in Life Below Zero.. Andy seems to be a really talented guy!!!!!

Molon Labe
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

kaboku68 , Glad you gave us a little more history about the people of the Last Alaskan show, but Ray Lewis will be missed ! next year when I am up there just maybe I can meet one or two of these people ? as has been said its a great show of true Alaskans !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
May have been avoidable?

Tough thing to lose a child, even tougher when in hindsight it might have been avoidable.

I didn't read or see it that way. Not giving you a hard time, just saw it differently.

I don’t mean any disrespect and will edit my post because that came out wrong I think. My apologies.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Talked to Krin. She said it was a 270 Win and Scott has a 300 Win Mag.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd love to sit around a fire with Heimo or Caribou and his family.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agree Hank, Heimo and Caribou would be great to listen too. The young man, Charlie Lagow on Last Alaskans really seems to be much wiser beyond his years and very talented.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for posting that. The Last Alaskans is one of my favorite of the reality shows. I really liked Ray and miss not seeing his family on the show. Bob Harte was a character, and he was my favorite on that show. There is a lot more to those people than we, the viewers, will ever know, and it's only because of someone like you, that knows them, that we find out more than we do.

Thanks again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Last Alaskans is one of the very few shows I'll sit down and watch; don't have time for television.

In reference to the Lewis Family.....human beings never cease to disappoint me. I wonder how many would be willing to make a comment in front of Mr. Lewis?

Heimo and his wife Edna have always been my favorite, but I sure will miss Ray, his family and Bob.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
That's really good to hear. A 270. It makes even more sense.
MM879

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Its still Hollywood. I wonder how many people would turn it to another channel if they knew that both Edna and Krin still chew quite a bit of snoose. I will never forget talking to Edna and the Discovery film crew director woman who produces the Last Alaskans at the Fred Meyer store and Edna goes over to near one of those garbage cans near produce and spit snoose into the can.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hey they are both adults. My grandma used to chew snoose.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.